Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think most people can relate to the tetris effect. When you close your eyes to sleep and you "see" what youve been doing a great portion of the day. Whether its a videogame or, i saw weedwhacking one night. It can occur in other modalities tho, which gets a little stranger. people can physically feel what they did throughout the day, jumping on a trampoline, swimming or rock climbing as wikipedia noted

But the auditory was what i needed to know about. hypnagogic/hypnapompic hallucinations.
Ive been having them apparently from a few years ago i guess. More frequent now, and it was concerning me. But i thought, "maybe its just because im on the verge of going to sleep." before i researched it. You hear voices in your head, nonsensical sentences, telephones ringing. Which i think is kind of spooky despite reading this apparently rational explanation

Share your expertise on the subject if you wish.

God bless

Hypnagogia - Wikipedia

Last edited:

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟28,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
These forums are interesting in that you get so many different perspectives. Even the ones you dont agree with. And in hearing others opinions that sometimes lean to a more rational explanation of things, im very content to rest on this diagnosis of my condition right now. For the past few years it did feel like a spiritual attack of sorts and it really plagued me. Not to say that spiritual attacks dont ever happen, because they do, and there are forces at war against us. But through Gods grace He is nurturing me back to a sound mind, i feel. With that said i still believe a lot of things that most Christians would "poo-poo" around here, but ive found understanding Gods love and wisdom and teaching those things to my family is more important than focusing on how messed up this world can be.

God bless.
Why would God allow someone to go through spiritual attacks such as yours or sleep paralysis?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think most people can relate to the tetris effect. When you close your eyes to sleep and you "see" what youve been doing a great portion of the day. Whether its a videogame or, i saw weedwhacking one night. It can occur in other modalities tho, which gets a little stranger. people can physically feel what they did throughout the day, jumping on a trampoline, swimming or rock climbing as wikipedia noted

But the auditory was what i needed to know about. hypnagogic/hypnapompic hallucinations.
Ive been having them apparently from a few years ago i guess. More frequent now, and it was concerning me. But i thought, "maybe its just because im on the verge of going to sleep." before i researched it. You hear voices in your head, nonsensical sentences, telephones ringing. Which i think is kind of spooky despite reading this apparently rational explanation

God bless

Hypnagogia - Wikipedia

I get this all the time due to loss of hearing. The brain just "makes stuff up"
to fill the void caused by hearing loss. I can imagine this works in other
situations as well.

A couple years back I has sudden total hearing loss in one ear.
The noises were just weird that replaced it.

Upvote 0

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

God bless

Hypnagogia - Wikipedia

I have had both experiences thru out my life. Its never been constant though. I might hear a phone ring once or a random word. Frequently in my youth I would bale hay for 12 or 14 hours a day, close my eyes at night and would still seem to be working.
But I always could tell that it was just my "mind playing tricks with me". I think its pretty common and wouldn't worry about it unless you start having difficulty distinguishing what is real from what is only in your mind.

God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow that's crazy....now I know what I been going through recently. But right before I fall asleep...I do hear some things, I think its because I'm caught between a dream state and an awake state...if that makes sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Wow that's crazy....now I know what I been going through recently. But right before I fall asleep...I do hear some things, I think its because I'm caught between a dream state and an awake state...if that makes sense.

Thats the same for me. Not quite awake not quite asleep. I wonder if it is akin to lucid dreaming.
God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thats the same for me. Not quite awake not quite asleep. I wonder if it is akin to lucid dreaming.
God Bless
Jax
Maybe...as long as this doesn't happen while I'm awake..I'm good lol

• Agree
Reactions: jax5434
Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I get this all the time due to loss of hearing. The brain just "makes stuff up"
to fill the void caused by hearing loss. I can imagine this works in other
situations as well.

A couple years back I has sudden total hearing loss in one ear.
The noises were just weird that replaced it.
Yes, me too.. Especially after I suddenly lost my hearing. Sometimes it was like I was sitting in the front row of symphony debuting a new piece, and other times it was like I could barely overhear someone but not well enough to understand what they were saying.

Upvote 0