Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't stand behind this guy, he's had too many bad spirits on his show that he shouldn't be supporting but I was watching this yesterday as I was laid up with neck problems and extreme dizziness...........

Sid Roth mentioned on his next show they would be discussing something called 'Hyper-Grace' and how it could be the 'Great Deception' of the end times.

I've never heard of this so I googled it and I found this at Charisma online News

8 Signs of 'Hypergrace' Churches

The past several decades, we have seen a dramatic decline in doctrinal and biblical preaching. We have gone from theology to therapy in the pulpits. In the past decade, we went from therapy to motivational speaking instead of preaching.
Funny, I've said things like this and been pooh-poohed by those who believe this isn't happening in the churches.

Furthermore, many churches and preachers refuse to take a stand against sin and rarely if ever mention the need for repentance or topics like hell and judgment. Many of these same churches allow people to minister in music, as small group leaders and even as ministers with no personal accountability while looking the other way when they are living sexually immoral lives and regularly engaged in drunkenness!
Sadly I've seen this in the Messianic movement itself so it isn't just the Christian churches.

They go on to say:

This is nothing new. For centuries the body of Christ has wrestled with something called antinomianism (anti means "against"; nomos means "law"). This is the belief that the moral law of the Old Testament has been done away with and that, once we are in Christ, there is free grace in which we can almost live any way we want since we are not under the Law but under grace. Thus, according to this view, the Old Testament is not that important to read except for metaphors, types and symbols regarding the coming of Christ. The New Testament is all about grace and does away with the Old Testament Law!
Now why is it we say that in here and are told by the 'Grace-based Messianics' that isn't what they are espousing?

And these they list the following as signs of a hypergrace church:

1. The preachers never speak against sin.
The lead pastor never takes a cultural stand for righteousness.
3. The Old Testament is almost totally ignored.
4. People who live immoral lives are allowed to teach and lead ministries.
5. The lead pastor speaks often against the institutional church.
6. The lead pastor preaches against tithing.
The lead pastor only preaches positive motivational messages.
Key members of the church are regularly living sinful lives with impunity.

The only thing I agree with is #6 which is abused in every church I've ever seen, but that doesn't exempt the others which are even more harmful to the body.

Have you heard of this new thing and do you believe it could be part of the End times deceptions?

A

AbbaLove

Dr. Michael Brown’s book - Go and Sin No More: A Call To Holiness gives a pretty good overview of the cause=effect for an incorrect understanding of hyper-grace. He doesn't use the word "hyper-grace" and whether or not most evangelical christians misinterpret Romans 7:14-23, depends on what they believe (been taught). The book presents his take on correctly interpreting these controversial verses in light of the entire context of Romans 6-8.

Hyper-grace goes hand-in-hand with hyper-seeker-sensitive churchology (IMO).

Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dr. Michael Brown’s book - Go and Sin No More: A Call To Holiness gives a pretty good overview of the cause=effect for an incorrect understanding of hyper-grace. He doesn't use the word "hyper-grace" and whether or not most evangelical christians misinterpret Romans 7:14-23, depends on what they believe (been taught). The book presents his take on correctly interpreting these controversial verses in light of the entire context of Romans 6-8.

Hyper-grace goes hand-in-hand with hyper-seeker-sensitive churchology (IMO).

Does Brown teach that believers who don't cease their sins end up in hell?

That would be interesting to find out. What exactly does he mean by "go and sin no more", sinless perfection?

Btw, I do support purity in the believers life, as mandatory, for without being in purity, one is headed to the place of damnation.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Righteousness Through Faith

Romans 3:21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in[h] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. Grace and law must work together in love.

Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

Trust in His Word (Proverbs 3:5-8). The title of Brown's book "Go And Sin No More" is taken from
Yeshua's words in John 8:11. It's my understanding that some hyper-grace pastors don't even believe in hell.

Perhaps some prefer a preacher that teaches that a follower of Yeshua can still practice sin without running the risk of being denied entry into Heaven? If so you may not want to read Dr. Brown's book about being called to a new life of holiness. The kind of life I read about--like the prophets in the Tanakh and Yeshua's discipled apostles.

Do you think the Lord God sending the Holy Spirit to dwell among Yeshua's followers somehow gave them permission to continue sinning OR empowered them to become overcomers?

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid" Romans 6: 15.

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh" Galatians 5: 16

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, and righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, to redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority" Titus 2: 11-15.

In short, just because "but now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets. Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all that believe" Roman 3:21, 22, that does not mean that said grace is a license to sin!

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" Romans 6:1, 2.

In other words, a good grace assembly will preach an equal mix of God's grace to us in His Son AND against sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic

That would be interesting to find out. What exactly does he mean by "go and sin no more", sinless perfection?

Btw, I do support purity in the believers life, as mandatory, for without being in purity, one is headed to the place of damnation.
I believe that it is going to be normal to be sinless, perfect in His eyes.. and I believe we are to achieve it before He arrives... That is the ultimate goal, to prove to the universe that while in the most evil and corrupt generation, there can still be the Noah's righteousness, Enoch's righteousness, etc type people who will be saved just as they were.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

I believe that it is going to be normal to be sinless, perfect in His eyes.. and I believe we are to achieve it before He arrives... That is the ultimate goal, to prove to the universe that while in the most evil and corrupt generation, there can still be the Noah's righteousness, Enoch's righteousness, etc type people who will be saved just as they were.
Good Point! It stands to reason that if Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, Elijah and others were considered righteous than how much more the number of true Believers when empowered by the Holy Spirit to be transformed into overcomers. Doesn't make much sense for those that think the bar is now lowered so that true Christians would be unable to overcome sin.

1 John 4:4 - You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

samlee2004

Mar 20, 2004
✟3,932.00
Faith
Protestant
I don't stand behind this guy, he's had too many bad spirits on his show that he shouldn't be supporting but I was watching this yesterday as I was laid up with neck problems and extreme dizziness...........

Sid Roth mentioned on his next show they would be discussing something called 'Hyper-Grace' and how it could be the 'Great Deception' of the end times.

I've never heard of this so I googled it and I found this at Charisma online News

8 Signs of 'Hypergrace' Churches

Funny, I've said things like this and been pooh-poohed by those who believe this isn't happening in the churches.

Sadly I've seen this in the Messianic movement itself so it isn't just the Christian churches.

They go on to say:

its unbelievable.

Now why is it we say that in here and are told by the 'Grace-based Messianics' that isn't what they are espousing?

And these they list the following as signs of a hypergrace church:

1. The preachers never speak against sin.
2. The lead pastor never takes a cultural stand for righteousness.
3. The Old Testament is almost totally ignored.
4. People who live immoral lives are allowed to teach and lead ministries.
5. The lead pastor speaks often against the institutional church.
6. The lead pastor preaches against tithing.
7. The lead pastor only preaches positive motivational messages.
8. Key members of the church are regularly living sinful lives with impunity.

The only thing I agree with is #6 which is abused in every church I've ever seen, but that doesn't exempt the others which are even more harmful to the body.

Have you heard of this new thing and do you believe it could be part of the End times deceptions?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GedaliahMaegil

Messianic Ger Toshav - not christian
Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hyper-Grace... Only man would devise something called "Hyper-Grace" like God's Grace isn't enough... it needs a boost... NOT!!!!

The most pernicious thing about the "hyper-grace" movement is that it promotes a spiritual culture without accountability, that one can sin (sin being defined as violation of the Torah of HaShem) with impunity. After all, why make teshuvah if this sort of "grace" negates the need for it?

Those in lockstep with "hyper-grace" stand as boldly as Nimrod (Yemach shmo!) before HaShem, demanding that they enter into life without the least accountability for wrong. That mindset does not follow any of the Scriptural pattern in the least. Is it not written, "He gives favour to the humble"?

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Francis Chan wrote a book about the diminishment of the Holy Spirit several years ago. The prevalence of strange teachings runs parallel to His limited role.

Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit
  • Chapter 1: I’ve Got Jesus. Why Do I Need the Spirit?
  • Chapter 2: What Are You Afraid Of?
  • Chapter 3: Theology of the Holy Spirit 101
  • Chapter 4: Why Do You Want Him?
  • Chapter 5: A Real Relationship
  • Chapter 6: Forget About His Will for Your Life!
  • Chapter 7: Supernatural Church
Forgotten God is not a book that bashes the Christian Church, but states that problems with the Church are obvious. However, the solution, which is the Holy Spirit, is just as obvious. In the book of Acts the Holy Spirit is moving and active, and the people watching were in awe, and when people often talk about churches and people they’re usually addressed as good, not as powerful.

A follow up to the message of Crazy Love, Francis Chan offers an invitation to understand, embrace, and follow the Holy Spirit’s guidance in our lives. We sometimes pray to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, but we often live in awareness of only the first two.

Chan focuses on the character of the Holy Spirit and how He is missing in church. When the Holy Spirit is active, we produce the fruit of the spirit (which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, and self-control) and that all of these attributes would come out in a supernatural sort of way, concerning our character. There should be a noticeable difference between us and the unbelievers around us when the Holy Spirit is present.

Chan talks about how people that attempt to seek out a “balance” as a way of not wanting to have to give ourselves one hundred percent to something, and how in scripture people are supposed to seek the kingdom first. Chan seeks to pursue the Holy Spirit in a biblical way, growing up in a church, in which there wasn’t much talk about the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0