✟39,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
Hyper-Calvinism is anti-Calvinism.

Calvinism is based on the doctrine of unconditional election, that God predestines us to salvation, regardless of any merit on our part, including our free-willed efforts to believe or disbelieve.

Hyper-Calvinism, on the other hand, teaches that you should only evangelize to people who already show evidence of being God's elect. This makes no sense if election is unconditional.

We should preach the Gospel to all people indiscriminately. Firstly, because Jesus commanded us to, and secondly, because we can never tell who is elect and who isn't.

The preaching of the Gospel is the means by which God awakens saving faith in His elect.

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,852.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hyper-Calvinism is anti-Calvinism.

Calvinism is based on the doctrine of unconditional election, that God predestines us to salvation, regardless of any merit on our part, including our free-willed efforts to believe or disbelieve.

Hyper-Calvinism, on the other hand, teaches that you should only evangelize to people who already show evidence of being God's elect. This makes no sense if election is unconditional.

We should preach the Gospel to all people indiscriminately. Firstly, because Jesus commanded us to, and secondly, because we can never tell who is elect and who isn't.

The preaching of the Gospel is the means by which God awakens saving faith in His elect.

Besides online...ever met a hyper Calvinist? I'm sure they exist but I've never met one in person and people often make a big deal about them as if they are out trying to evangelize people into their churches when this is contrary to the doctrine they are so despised for.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
PS: People often call me a Hyper lol

Upvote 0

Humble_Disciple

May 17, 2021
Northwest
✟39,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
Besides online...ever met a hyper Calvinist? I'm sure they exist but I've never met one in person and people often make a big deal about them as if they are out trying to evangelize people into their churches when this is contrary to the doctrine they are so despised for.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
PS: People often call me a Hyper lol

This is an example of a denomination endorsing hyper-Calvinism:

Closely connected with the preceding is the fact that the doctrine of limited atonement means that the calling of the church in missions is not to preach the gospel to every single soul now living but to preach it when and where God sends her. It is a misunderstanding of this point that places a heavy burden of guilt on Christians today, for it is all but impossible both in terms of cost and in terms of manpower to preach the gospel to every living human being. Yet the church ought to feel guilty if Christ has died for every person and the church has not made that known to everyone living. Then there is no Christian living who ought not sell all his possessions and dedicate every moment of his life to try to accomplish this goal. If he does not, he is guilty of failing to let men know that Christ has died for them. Then too, the church in the past has never realized her calling to preach the gospel to all the world but has fallen far short of that most important calling of all, her great commission.

If, however, one believes in limited atonement, then one can be sure that the cross is not for all and be satisfied to preach the gospel when and where God sends. This is not to say that the church must not actively and aggressively do the work of missions, only that she need not feel guilty when she is not able for legitimate reasons to bring that gospel to every single man, woman, and child. She can rest content that where God has His people He will make it possible also for the church to preach the gospel both by opening the door and by providing the necessary means.
Chapter 4 - Limited Atonement

Upvote 0

JesusFreak78

Reformed Baptist
Feb 11, 2005
Minnesota, USA
✟27,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Calvinism isn't based on unconditional election, but unconditional election is part of Calvinism. Calvinism in itself is much bigger than just the TULIP, and I will say Calvinism is based off of all Scripture (The Bible).

Upvote 0