Hymns verses New Songs

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think so. They are actually a Pentecostal group
Gothard was not pentecostal but a lot of classic pentecostals and charismatics followed his teachings.
skirts only for women, no makeup, no jewelry, no Bible translations except King James, no television or movies, and so on. Also, they believe that interracial relationships are wrong and that puppet ministries are anti-Christian. They even think the Internet is evil (so don't expect to find a Website).
Yeah - that is part and parcel of early 20th century Wesleyan Holiness teaching.

• Informative
Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Gothard was not pentecostal but a lot of classic pentecostals and charismatics followed his teachings.

Yeah - that is part and parcel of early 20th century Wesleyan Holiness teaching.

I haven't seen (so far) that this group has ever spoken of Gothard, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't follow his teachings, especially if these are common characteristics among these type of church organizations.

Interesting stuff. I might have to casually study on that sometime.

Anyway, I don't want to get too far off topic (even though this does loosely tie in with it since worship music issues are involved), so.... carry on, I guess. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Basically put: Anything that's remotely enjoyable in any way, shape, or form (regardless of how clean and innocent it might be) is a "sin"!
Yeah. WC Fields once quipped (IMO in a slam at that doctrine) "... everything I like to do is either illegal, immoral, or fattening.) 1934 movie "Six of a Kind."

• Haha
Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0