Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not I. What is it you want to know?
If anybody here is from HAC.

Just joking with you. HAC has produced a lot of troubled graduates, and over the decades I've been able to help some.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What do you mean troubled? As in they have problems w/ their degrees, or something else? I'm looking at their website now. I find fundamental Christian colleges interesting. It definitely seems like you need to know what you want to do & know you can achieve it after graduating before you enroll at this one especially. For example very passionate about preaching & evangelizing.

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DF, thank you for your reply.

HAC is not fundamentalist; it is Ruckmanite. It rejects the authority of the Word of God in favor of the authority of the King James Version.

HAC has a history of scandals, often the result of their policy of covering up sin and slandering people who object to those sins. The place does have its good points, but too many of their grads worked hard on bus routes and other areas, only to find that graduating from HAC often gives you a bad name.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Valid points, Albion. Bob Gray, a HAC grad who successfully built a megachurch in Texas, once explained that 95% of freshmen who enroll in a Bible college to become pastors will never pastor a church. (He was including all freshmen, including those who dropped out without graduating).

With numbers like that, it is a bad idea to enroll in an unaccredited college. And if the college has a bad testimony, that makes things worse.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
HAC is not fundamentalist; it is Ruckmanite. It rejects the authority of the Word of God in favor of the authority of the King James Version.
I don't understand. Maybe by fundamentalist, would 'traditional' be a better word choice?

HAC has a history of scandals, often the result of their policy of covering up sin and slandering people who object to those sins. The place does have its good points, but too many of their grads worked hard on bus routes and other areas, only to find that graduating from HAC often gives you a bad name.
I see that it has struggled w/ sexual abuse sins. Some of me wonders how much of it is slander/propaganda just b/c it's a Christian non-secular college. (ie. Catholic priests got in trouble for pedophilia, therefore all Catholics are bad)

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DF, they claim that it is because of Satan, but they don't explain why they keep getting accused (for about four decades) while most others are rarely or never accused. Jack Schaap, the previous pastor, is currently serving twelve years for sex crime.

Ruckmanism was invented in the 1950's, and it is not a traditional doctrine. And because it places the KJV higher than the Word of God, it is not fundamentalist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
DF, they claim that it is because of Satan, but they don't explain why they keep getting accused (for about four decades) while most others are rarely or never accused. Jack Schaap, the previous pastor, is currently serving twelve years for sex crime.

Ruckmanism was invented in the 1950's, and it is not a traditional doctrine. And because it places the KJV higher than the Word of God, it is not fundamentalist.
You might be the only Fundie I've meet that wasn't KJVO ^_^

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
With hundreds and hundreds of other colleges to choose from, it sounds like there's no reason to enroll in HAC, not even if the interested party is a fundamentalist and/or favors the use of the KJV.
The OP was started to stir up something, maybe an axe to grind with an old church or something. I'm unsubscribing.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My only purpose in starting this thread was to find people who had attended HAC. Then people started asking questions (which they are allowed to do).

And for the record, there is no such thig as "King James Only." People who call themselves "KJO" got their doctrine from Peter Ruckman, not the KJV.

Upvote 0