Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thick curtains required as soon as possible.

You and your husband have some issues that need to be worked on. Total trust is one of the most important things in a marriage.

Most of us mature sexually as we get older.

Playing around in the fast lane can be dangerous not all escape.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thick curtains aren’t going to change the fact that she’s essentially a kid married to a comparatively elderly man who WANTS to do that.

She needs to get out of there, chalk it up to a youthful mistake made as a consequence of an emotionally trying time, learn from it, take the time to actually grow up and go on with her life.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thick curtains shouldn't even feature here.
Agreed. Like you said in your other post - if he's engaging in THIS kind of stuff - I wouldn't put it past him for videoing and uploading to amateur inappropriate content sites/etc.

And thick curtains ain't gonna fix that.

Upvote 0

Disa

Mar 8, 2018
Suwannee FL
✟8,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey you guys. Thank you ALL so much for your thoughtful replies with great advice, kind words, prayers, and support! It has been so much appreciated. I just want to let you all know that there is a big change in my situation. As many of you speculated above, the problem was worse than I even thought. My husband seems to be out of my life at this point - ironic thing is it was HIS choice a few days ago, before he even knew I had any knowledge of his SICK SICK SICK behavior. If you like, you can see more about that in my other thread. If not, thank you again, and I promise to come back here soon and address you all personally, but I have to run now! :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom Sawyer

May 13, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟16,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I've joined and met a lot of friendly helpful people, and I am being honest when I say that I feel a difference since all of you have told me you're praying for me. Thank you.

I'm back to keep this short and to the point because a few people have asked or been curious about whether or not my husband cheats on me, abuses me, etc. While I can't be sure about the cheating, but I don't think so, I will say he is NOT physically abusive. That's I'm not afraid of. HOWEVER...

One night recently I was optimistic, feeling good, positive, I'm going to make this time count. I came home one evening when my husband was not home. Our neighbor, a girl who is about my age, and who my husband describes as, "The cutie next door." (I don't mind that though - she is nothing like me, I'm Asian with black hair and olive skin. She's blonde, blue-eyed, and pale skin. She IS beautiful girl though.)

SO, she came to me and said, "I just want to speak with you woman to woman. I'm uncomfortable with something and I'm not sure if you are aware of it." To make a long story short, she told me that she keeps seeing us making love.

We live in a row of connected townhomes and so when either our neighbor (that girl) or we are putting our key in the door and/or leaving the apartment, we can see right into each other's kitchen windows. Neither of us have good curtains so especially at night when the lights are on, you can see inside. I just focus on the floor when I leave and arrive so as not to see in her apartment.

I apologized to her and told her we will not go near that window again. It's really my husband that always makes us end up there! Yes, in the kitchen :( Or start there as he will approach me when I'm cooking.

So the night I found him on his computer with inappropriate content, I decided to search the computer the next day. What I found was horrifying, about him, AND MY NEIGHBOR who complained!

It appears that he has been setting up an old cellphone of his in the kitchen window and allows it to sit there for hours recording. At the time I was not sure how he was timing it, but I would hear him come over to me while I'm cooking and start to start getting intimate. Almost every time it would be the WORST moment for someone to see us :doh:that girl came up the stairs, looking right into our window! Now for the even more disturbing part - especially since she complained to me! For many of those videos, she took extra extra time "looking for" her key to get in. She would peek through the corner of her eye, and in one of the videos, blatantly stood there for (yes I timed it) 4:33. That's four minutes and thirty-three seconds, WATCHING US! And she was not watching in disgust, I know the look of disgust. She was flustered, playing with her hair, nervous, fidgeting, etc. And when I heard us finish what we were doing, she literally ran into her apartment.

SO, when I told him about what happened, he told me he had not even seen nor known that the girl saw us making love. He said he tapes the outside around 6PM and 7PM because he heard that there were burglaries in the area during those times. (That's what time she comes home.) His exact words were, "I never even look the videos. I just do it in case something happens I'll have it in archives." I am finding it hard to believe. Especially since he has done MANY MANY MANY other things in the past that point to him being an exhibitionist, AND exhibiting ME as well :doh:

I am also VERY confused about why the girl made a complaint to me! The last video that HE had on his phone was from a few days before she approached me with the complaint, and she stood there holding the key in her hand, pretending to be opening her door, FOR 1:22. A minute and 22 seconds trying to turn the key in her door. A friend of mine who I confided in told me that maybe he looked at her during it, and she knew he saw her, and so had to cover up and complain or something. I don't know. But there is always something like this and so I don't believe him that he never looked at the videos. I think he knows what time she gets home (since her complaint to me, I've learned that she's very habitual and comes home almost the same MINUTE every night) and he's been setting up so that the "scene" he wants her to see, is happening when she comes up those steps.

I also sometimes think that I am crazy for dreaming this up! Maybe he's really looking for a burglar? UGH! Has anyone had experience like this?

I'm so sorry for the long post but this is something that is really bothering me. I don't know if he did it on purpose and if so, WHAT could he possibly get from that?!?!? I've seen him interact with this girl and he doesn't talk or flirt, they both say, "Hi how are you?" and continue walking!?!?! :doh: Thank you in advance for any help you all can offer.

Yeah, I would agree with the suggestion of mini-blinds. But NO, a Christians does not divorce just because their spouse sins sexually. They forgive and work to better the marriage. Christians have made a complete mockery of marriage through their lust for divorce. Your husband could use some help with his behavior, definitely, and will need your patience and much prayer. (Matthew 6:14-15)

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I would agree with the suggestion of mini-blinds. But NO, a Christians does not divorce just because their spouse sins sexually. They forgive and work to better the marriage. Christians have made a complete mockery of marriage through their lust for divorce. Your husband could use some help with his behavior, definitely, and will need your patience and much prayer. (Matthew 6:14-15)

Well in this case her husband physically left her according to her other thread. It didn't sound like she knew where he took off to.

Upvote 0

Tom Sawyer

May 13, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟16,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well in this case her husband physically left her according to her other thread. It didn't sound like she knew where he took off to.

I see that, thank you. However, that does not justify divorce either, although it sounds like he may force it.

Upvote 0

Tom Sawyer

May 13, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟16,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it needs to be clarified that "based upon my interpretation of scripture, that does not justify divorce."

If no truth could be known of Scripture, I would agree, but truth can be known. If he demands one she can accept it without fighting, but there in so Scriptural justification for demanding a divorce because a spouse has walked out. People need to give things time, including understanding that others sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If no truth could be known of Scripture, I would agree, but truth can be known. If he demands one she can accept it without fighting, but there in so Scriptural justification for demanding a divorce because a spouse has walked out. People need to give things time, including understanding that others sin.

Since you have raised this in numerous threads you may want to make a new thread just about the Scriptural issue. We had a discussion on it years ago, whether the text about inappropriate contenteia is indicating that sexual immorality is grounds for divorce or not, but most probably would not remember it.

• Agree
Reactions: DZoolander
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also this particular story/issue is less about sexual immorality and more about a husband who has predatory, exploitive, and abusive tendencies.

She has not been back since mid March. I am concerned for her safety.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I am curious about this point of view - because it boils down "right and wrong" or "Godly or unGodly", etc...to merely how people fit within definitions of words. It's like you're taking the position that God is simply concerned with the term that's applied to you/the superficial circumstance label applied...and that context is irrelevant.

"She is 'married' and therefore rules A, B and C apply...along with a heaping dose of 'God hates divorce!'"

Do you think God looks at the world that way? That context doesn't matter?

I married my wife when I was 36 years old and she was 30, after a few years of dating. I can honestly say that I went into the marriage with love and concern for my wife, wanting to have children with her, and to have a loving marriage exclusive to each other. I truly care about my wife, as I believe she does me. As married people, we have obligations to each other that arose from the decision to marry under those circumstances.

Do you honestly believe that God puts the same obligations on someone who was barely out of HS, arguably having had traumatic things recently happen, taken in by someone over twice her age, having married after briefly dating, and that pulls those kind of deviant behaviors? Do you think God goes "Well, DZoolander - married. This child - married. I expect the same out of both of them - because married is married!!!"

I cannot imagine a fair and just God that would look at things that way. It seems to me that far too often people are wrapped up in the "letter of the law" - and are willing to subject others to a life of misery in the pursuit of conforming to that.

I don't agree.

Upvote 0

wagonwheel69

Sep 17, 2012
Rawley Springs, Virginia
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
OK I just got to put this out there and I'm kind of surprised it hasn't already been brought up, But this thread sure does smell like some guy's sexual fantasy and not reality, I mean really?
19yo asian 44 yo American?
The cutie next door, I don't mind though?
flustered playing with hair?
comes home same time to the minute every day?
voyeurism?
only 2 posts, both related and never back?
I just don't buy it

• Agree
Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0