Husbands and fathers in the image of Christ...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pope John Paul II says in Familiaris Consortio that in the family, the man is called by God to occupy the roles of husband and father. Indeed, only men can be husbands and fathers. Both roles are poorly understood today. Many reject the idea that “husband” is anything more than a socially constructed title; and some doubt whether “fatherhood” is anything more

Husbands and fathers in the image of Christ...

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Ok, so that's what the Bible says. That's fine. I'm not here to debate dogma. The relevant question, however, is who cares what the Bible says? By unquestionably following the words of some ancient text written by a bunch of desert nomads, you are demonstrating your total lack of critical thinking skills. If I used your logic in school--"this text says this, therefore it's true and we should uncritically follow it like a bunch of goddam sheep, because it says so," I wouldn't have gotten past 6th grade. You are an embarrassment to middle schoolers everywhere who daily demonstrate higher levels of thinking than religious folk.

What you should say in regards to the Bible or any other text is the following: "OK, whoever wrote this is obviously trying to convince me of something. But what are the logical reasons why I should believe in this?" THINK, for Christ's sake!
Surely there was a more relevant post/thread to troll on this site?

Upvote 0