Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well all I can say is that your reply merely serves to sustain my convictions. Your comment "Your life has been providentially established under the guidance of preservation of men, all the way up until your spoiled attitude" only serves my view that men frequently need to exert aggression to show leadership whereas I don't view such behavior as leadership. Rather I view a myriad of behaviors including strong communication and being inspirational as the right qualities. I don't include a verse you have decided to pervert in your favor as one of the critical requirements of leadership.

But I'd like to point out that women already lead in so many facets of life. Name a profession and women are there. In my age group girls in every single western nation have led the academic scores at schools. In most countries you will find the larger percentage of the doctors who treat your broken bones or mental health disorders are women, so too the teacher of your children, the lawyer who helps you out when your sued, and the CEO of the company of which your applying for a job. You are dreaming if you think that's going to reverse. Women are already on the way - not to dominate..just to do their part in showing human capacity including leadership.

I am not concerned about your opinions, feelings, or perspectives. Unless it comes from an objective source, a source on which an objectively true definition can be established, which would be the author of creation Himself.

Men have led this world and have sustained it since the beginning of time, and the only time women get through the proverbial door is if men hold it for them. The top tiers of IQ are held vastly by men, the innovations of the world are established vastly by men, the institutions of the world are established vastly by men. Men are still in charge of the global state of the world, and will be until Christ returns as yet another man who sustained His reign for the rest of existence. Your hope is vain.

You do realize that if you keep this up you're going to get in trouble, right?

The report button is at the bottom left. Let me know when dad's home.

Upvote 0

Rebecca12

Nov 23, 2013
✟30,996.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You do realize that if you keep this up you're going to get in trouble, right?

I have let the insults slide. I was the one who expressed concern about Honesty so I understand him lashing out at me. Now he tries to treat me like a child, noting my "blundering ignorance." I think I will let him have the last word on that particular exchange as at a point it just seems like we are trolling each other.

That said, man what a sentence:

Your life has been providentially established under the guidance of preservation of men, all the way up until your spoiled attitude could be thankless it has.

OK, one more.

The top tiers of IQ are held vastly by men.

No. There is some research that suggests there is more variability in male IQ, meaning more males with higher IQs and lower IQs than females. However, there also is more recent research that suggests no real difference. And different countries end up with different results. But none of the differences are large. What may be true of a population tells you nothing about an individual. A woman may have an IQ of 150, far higher than most men and women. A man might have an IQ of 50, far lower than most men and women. Importantly, no researcher disputes the fact that there are sociological factors that influence IQ. Including the importance of stereotype threat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am not concerned about your opinions, feelings, or perspectives. Unless it comes from an objective source, a source on which an objectively true definition can be established, which would be the author of creation Himself.

Men have led this world and have sustained it since the beginning of time, and the only time women get through the proverbial door is if men hold it for them. The top tiers of IQ are held vastly by men, the innovations of the world are established vastly by men, the institutions of the world are established vastly by men. Men are still in charge of the global state of the world, and will be until Christ returns as yet another man who sustained His reign for the rest of existence. Your hope is vain.

The report button is at the bottom left. Let me know when dad's home.
You need to have objective sources yourself. Lets take your so called Facts.
The top tiers of IQ are held vastly by men. Well of course you have zero data to back you up whilst I on the other hand will gladly show you 2017 results of academic performance in universities and schools (would you like some reading?). I'd also like to point out there's been only two people to receive the noble prize twice. The first was female. That kinda shoots your rant down in flames.

Men in charge of the world - I have to agree thats largely the case but (and obviously to your amazement and distress) that too is now changing with female heads of states spattered in numerous countries eg Germany and UK.

It must be so distressing to you to see just how many women are far more clever and capable than you but that's a personal issue you will have to deal with and your plead for a return to the patriarchal days - well keep praying.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have let the insults slide. I was the one who expressed concern about Honesty so I understand him lashing out at me. Now he tries to treat me like a child, noting my "blundering ignorance." I think I will let him have the last word on that exchange as at a point it just seems like we are trolling each other.

Unfortunately, I have met several men in my lifetime who share the same attitude. I almost feel sorry for them because they seem to be so lost in their patriarchal fantasy (that somehow survived the Dark Ages) and so determined to hold onto to that ridiculously outdated mindset and attitude toward women, as if they are emotionally terrified to let go of it and change it.

Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟35,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry since I can't post this topic in the married forum, I'm just posting it here for everyone =D

For husbands:

1. Have you ever asked/demanded your wife to submit to you? (something along the lines of saying/implying to her that you are the boss or decision maker or that she should be more submissive etc).
2. If so, how did she respond (e.g. turned off, offended, upset, happy, obedient, etc)? Do you think it worked or should you have tried another method?
3. Or...How do you get your wife to submit to you without coming across as controlling or denigrating?

For wives:
1. Have you ever been told by your husband to be more submissive because he is the head/decision maker/ boss?
2. If so, how did you feel and respond? Do you think he could have tried other strategies?
3. I know the bible tells women to submit to husband but is it true that many wives are turned off when their husbands use such approach? How can a woman change her husband's authoritative approach without coming across as disrespectful or nagging?

* I'm just asking for everyone's experience and opinion to gain a bit more insight and wisdom about the dynamic between husband/wife in a biblical context/lifestyle. There's a few couples I've met where the husband is quite authoritative (godly man otherwise) and I can't imagine dealing with such overbearing and imposing personalities (I'm not sure whether it's just me but I would be mad if my man makes a decision without even asking for my opinion and just expects that I will agree or follow along - at least ask and consider my input or feelings before making the decision so you can get an alternative perspective and it makes the woman feel respected).
Oh yes, I was brow beaten by my paranoid-schizophrenic ex husband about not being submissive enough quite a bit. It made no difference that I tried by hardest to comply with his every wish. The problem was that I didn't mirror his every thought, and he thought I was having affairs when such an idea had never crossed my mind. He demanded I disregard my conscience, and obey him in every detail.
He told me constantly that our marriage problems were all my fault. He even took me to a marriage counselor, and then got angry when the counselor started telling him he needed to learn how to love.
He stopped the counseling thing, saying I had prejudiced the counselor against him, just like I did everyone else.

The Bible never tells the husband to make sure his wife submits.
It only ever tells the wife to make it her own responsibility to submit to him.

And there's a very good reason for that.
It doesn't work for husbands to try to get their wives to submit.
Submission is a voluntary act.
Submission cannot be coerced.
If "submission" is coerced, it becomes unhealthy domination.

Now, as to submission... should a husband ever submit to his wife?
Remember how Sarai put her foot down, demanding Hagar and Ishmael be kicked out?
God told Abraham to hearken to his wife, against Abram's will.
Sarai called Abraham her "lord"... but she stood up to him.
She had spunk!
And she was not out of line.

Therefore, I believe the New Testament injunction for wives to submit to their husbands may have been somewhat in response to the Roman male-dominated household, enshrined in Roman Law... and also possibly in response to the worship of Artemis, a goddess that urged women to overthrow male power wherever it existed.

God calls us to love one another. Dominating another person is not love.
Think about it.

God tells men to submit to each other in the church.
Now, in that context, if a man is dominated by others in the church, does that man feel loved? Appreciated? Honored?

Inasmuch as you would have others do unto you, even so do ye unto women.

Honor them, as they are weaker. Don't put them down. Don't make jokes at their expense. Don't run over them, as if they don't matter. That's dishonoring.
And if you don't honor your wife, God won't honor your prayers.

• Agree
Reactions: Rebecca12
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Look, we could boast about the letters after our names or whatever, but that truly isn't what matters. The attitude which wants to find one sex better or more accomplished than the other, and then use that as a warrant for domination, is not Christ-like. Rather we ought to look at our strengths as opportunities to benefit others, not put them in their place.

If I can see that I have a strength because of my theological training, I ought to use that to encourage, empower and equip those around me; not to demand that they buy into my particular theology because I have a superior education.

Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟35,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look, we could boast about the letters after our names or whatever, but that truly isn't what matters. The attitude which wants to find one sex better or more accomplished than the other, and then use that as a warrant for domination, is not Christ-like. Rather we ought to look at our strengths as opportunities to benefit others, not put them in their place.

If I can see that I have a strength because of my theological training, I ought to use that to encourage, empower and equip those around me; not to demand that they buy into my particular theology because I have a superior education.
Preach, sister!

Upvote 0

Khalliqa

Sep 30, 2006
✟28,944.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's one possible approach.

Like others, I agree that autonomy is not a particularly Christian value, so much as interdependence is. (I can't say I don't need you, and you can't say you don't need me; we need each other).

However, I don't agree that that necessarily entails a devaluing of one's humanity; participating in a community of mutual interdependence should be voluntary, never forced.

If, as I suspect, your remarks are a reflection on the issue of abortion, well, there are other issues that come into play there, but that is quite off-topic to this thread.

What devalues one's humanity is the dismissal of one's autonomy. Not that it can't be absorbed as part of a relationship or take a step back to a larger goal.. but it never goes away.. one remains a separate entity with choices and responsibilities specific to one's own best interests no matter the degree one chooses to reduce the importance of one's agency.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I agree that autonomy can't be dismissed; I guess I'm articulating something of a middle way, where autonomy exists but is not aspired to as one's greatest good (ie. autonomy exists to serve relationship).

Reactions: Khalliqa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Khalliqa

Sep 30, 2006
✟28,944.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think I understand. Though in reality where gender roles have been enforced and encouraged are usually expressed as a devaluation of one's autonomy cloaked as harmonious and best - the backlash to that has been to re-assert it as a balance.. sometimes to equal and extreme imo..

Middle way imo is that before there can be relationship assimilation there must be a respectful integration.. meaning a deep appreciation for one's autonomy so that it's properly assimilated.. Assimilation does not mean denigration and I think that's what has been lost when gender roles were enforced..

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I agree! After oppression there must be a period of rediscovery of the oppressed identity, before there can be new and healthy patterns of relationship formed.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have let the insults slide. I was the one who expressed concern about Honesty so I understand him lashing out at me. Now he tries to treat me like a child, noting my "blundering ignorance." I think I will let him have the last word on that particular exchange as at a point it just seems like we are trolling each other.

I often wonder if people who, like him, behave terribly online act the same way outside the internet. I hope for the sake of the people around him that isn't true.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is some research that suggests there is more variability in male IQ, meaning more males with higher IQs and lower IQs than females. However, there also is more recent research that suggests no real difference. And different countries end up with different results.
The standard way of evaluating IQs has been shown (decades ago) to be rife with cultural bias, and that is not just how the tests are worded.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Men have led this world and have sustained it since the beginning of time, and the only time women get through the proverbial door is if men hold it for them.

Gotta be a real strong manly man man manly man that's how one is a man man, manly men men, manly men things, man man. Menly men manly. Man.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟35,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The wisdom of this world is not the wisdom from above.
The wisdom of the world is all about promoting the self.
James 3:
13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Wisdom from above, even in a man, is marked by humility, peace, gentleness, a listening ear, mercifulness, and a total lack of pretense.
Earthly, worldly wisdom tells men to make sure they accentuate their strength by dominating the weak.

Jesus showed the pattern of true Christian manhood, when he stooped to wash the feet of his espoused bride, the embryonic church... in the form of those selfish, far-from-perfect disciples, who were arguing over who would get the best position and the highest honor, in the kingdom.

If a man wants his wife to submit to him, as the church is to submit to Christ, then let him lead the way by becoming like Jesus, in becoming a servant to her...even if she is far from submissive to him.
Why? Because this is the definition of real love. It's not only taking out the trash without being asked, it's also rolling up the sleeves, and doing the dishes before she lifts her tired self to her feet to start. And doing so without fanfare.

Any woman so loved will enjoy submitting to such a husband.
It's the way love works. It's the way women work.
It's wisdom from above.

Upvote 0