✟20,306.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For husbands:
1. Have you ever asked/demanded your wife to submit to you? (something along the lines of saying/implying to her that you are the boss or decision maker or that she should be more submissive etc).
2. If so, how did she respond (e.g. turned off, offended, upset, happy, obedient, etc)? Do you think it worked or should you have tried another method?
3. Or...How do you get your wife to submit to you without coming across as controlling or denigrating?

For wives:
1. Have you ever been told by your husband to be more submissive because he is the head/decision maker/ boss?
2. If so, how did you feel and respond? Do you think he could have tried other strategies?
3. I know the bible tells women to submit to husband but is it true that many wives are turned off when their husbands use such approach? How can a woman change her husband's authoritative approach without coming across as disrespectful or nagging?

* I'm just asking for everyone's experience and opinion to gain a bit more insight and wisdom about the dynamic between husband/wife in a biblical context/lifestyle. There's a few couples I've met where the husband is quite authoritative (godly man otherwise) and I can't imagine dealing with such overbearing and imposing personalities (I'm not sure whether it's just me but I would be mad if my man makes a decision without even asking for my opinion and just expects that I will agree or follow along - at least ask and consider my input or feelings before making the decision so you can get an alternative perspective and it makes the woman feel respected).

Last edited:

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi FiveSenses! Welcome to Christian Forums!

Just FYI, we aren't permitted to discuss submission in the married couples forum. It can be discussed in the women's only subforum or in the Christian Ethics forum (or other forums - those are just some recommended ones). Check out the Statement of Purpose for more information. You can ask for this thread to be moved to the appropriate forum.

That said, I can't answer until it is moved. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh ok! Sure thanks for letting me know as I didn't know the rules about this before. =D
No problem! It's easy to miss some of the nuances of each forum. If you need help requesting the move, let me know. Alternatively, you could copy your post and create a new thread in a different forum. If you do that, just post a link here to the new thread.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yep that's easy. But how do I get the man to answer if it's just in woman's forum?
That's the limitation of the Married Couples subforums. The other forums such as Christian Ethics are open to everyone.

• Friendly
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just FYI, this thread here in the Married Couples forum will be closed so that people post in the other threads you linked. :). Hope you get helpful responses in the other forums!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.