Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no fair!
husband has lost 10# since working at home
think this is only 3rd week home

it takes me 3-4 mos to lose 10#

he is no longer going out for lunch everyday & maybe that's the change?

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
no fair!

It is the eating lunch out that does it. When I'm working I usually bring my lunch while a lot of the guys
go out and eat fast food and I've personally ate more when eating out than at home due to meal sizes.
Most guys don't want to eat a happy meal when with other guys but as we get older and are not working a very physically demanding job that burns calories like mad we no longer need a double whopper and large fries and drink to fill our tank. A sandwich and small bag of chips or crackers is probably half the calories of a "meal" that costs about $7 or so.
I've found that losing weight is often attached to getting good sleep and not having a lot of stress as you get older you don't realize that you snack a lot more and sleep less and feeling tired in the day you pump yourself with more carbs to boost your energy.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
no fair!

Yeah I would say it's the lunch. My company loves to buy pizza in the summer so I have to take up running to keep from getting overweight. There's no way out of it, either, because it's usually for someone's birthday or during a company meeting when we all have to participate. Otherwise you're just sitting there watching everyone else eat and it's kind of awkward...

• Friendly
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,387.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Homemade dinners tend to have alot less preservatives than take out food! That is the difference, I'm sure! I've noticed that even as a family of 5, we're actually eating only 1 big meal a day and keeping alot more active. Haven't stepped on the scale in a while, though.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Years ago I worked in a job where they wanted us to stay alert and enthusiastic the whole shift, while sitting at a desk. They encouraged drinking coffee, sodas and eating candy and chocolate. They would even give it to us if they thought we needed it. There were many days when I would eat two candy bars in a day and continuously drink Dr Pepper and coffee.

When I left that job I dropped 15 pounds. The only change was not having junk at a desk all day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
People often eat more at work. There’s a greater degree of snacking, unhealthy food brought into the office, and a higher instance of eating out.

I eat twice per day. The body adapts over time. I’ve been home for years. I use a combination of moderation and exchanges (a donut today not every day!) to avoid gaining weight.

~Bella

• Informative
Upvote 0

Kingsilly

Sep 3, 2020
California
✟9,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Considering how an average takeout/restaurant/fast food meal is 800-1000 calories give or take, it adds up especially when its a regular occurrence. I had that problem as a college student, with so much food around campus and my apartment being a further distance away, some times its just more convenient to grab a quick bite and the weight adds up when one isnt working out often(*cough* me *cough*)...but being at home has helped me control those bad habits a bit lol

• Friendly
Upvote 0