• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

husband lost wt since working at home

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by christine40, Apr 8, 2020.

1. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+7,355
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    no fair!
    husband has lost 10# since working at home
    think this is only 3rd week home

it takes me 3-4 mos to lose 10#

he is no longer going out for lunch everyday & maybe that's the change?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+1,544
    Christian
    Married
    Run faster! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Jesse Johnson

Jesse Johnson Active Member

+102
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    I've gained.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+6,620
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    My belly is starting to touch the floor :oops:

5. Franki(ncense)

Franki(ncense) Relax! Oluwa's running the show... Supporter

+786
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Just try and remain consistent in your exercise routine and you'll get there eventually . :)

6. Jesse Johnson

Jesse Johnson Active Member

+102
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    What are you doing lying on the floor? :D

7. Sophrosyne

Sophrosyne Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16

+41,210
    Christian
    It is the eating lunch out that does it. When I'm working I usually bring my lunch while a lot of the guys
    go out and eat fast food and I've personally ate more when eating out than at home due to meal sizes.
    Most guys don't want to eat a happy meal when with other guys but as we get older and are not working a very physically demanding job that burns calories like mad we no longer need a double whopper and large fries and drink to fill our tank. A sandwich and small bag of chips or crackers is probably half the calories of a "meal" that costs about $7 or so.
    I've found that losing weight is often attached to getting good sleep and not having a lot of stress as you get older you don't realize that you snack a lot more and sleep less and feeling tired in the day you pump yourself with more carbs to boost your energy.

8. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+6,620
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Woof!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+1,049
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Yeah I would say it's the lunch. My company loves to buy pizza in the summer so I have to take up running to keep from getting overweight. There's no way out of it, either, because it's usually for someone's birthday or during a company meeting when we all have to participate. Otherwise you're just sitting there watching everyone else eat and it's kind of awkward...

10. *LILAC

*LILAC Keeping it simple. Supporter

+7,360
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Homemade dinners tend to have alot less preservatives than take out food! That is the difference, I'm sure! I've noticed that even as a family of 5, we're actually eating only 1 big meal a day and keeping alot more active. Haven't stepped on the scale in a while, though.

11. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Programmer Extraordinaire Supporter

+8,596
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I've actually dropped a few as well...probably because a lot of restaurants are closed, and people are eating at home more over the past few weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. JAM2b

JAM2b Newbie

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Years ago I worked in a job where they wanted us to stay alert and enthusiastic the whole shift, while sitting at a desk. They encouraged drinking coffee, sodas and eating candy and chocolate. They would even give it to us if they thought we needed it. There were many days when I would eat two candy bars in a day and continuously drink Dr Pepper and coffee.

When I left that job I dropped 15 pounds. The only change was not having junk at a desk all day.

13. Rene Loup

Rene Loup Member

+137
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Here's what worked for me:

-Limit fast food to twice a month.
    -Drink up to two cups of coffee and/or two cups of decaffeinated tea.
    -Do not drink pop and alcohol.
    -Drink plenty of water.
    -Exercise with things like push ups, thirty minute walks, and weight training.

By doing this, I've lost 15 lbs since the beginning of March. Basically exercise and proper diet. Results may vary depending on the person.

14. christine40

+7,355
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  15. christine40

+7,355
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  16. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,682
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    People often eat more at work. There’s a greater degree of snacking, unhealthy food brought into the office, and a higher instance of eating out.

I eat twice per day. The body adapts over time. I’ve been home for years. I use a combination of moderation and exchanges (a donut today not every day!) to avoid gaining weight.

~Bella

• List
  17. christine40

+7,355
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    having gone down to two meals/day over last 2 yrs, found it's a painless, easy way to lose wt

although, slow...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020