Houston
✟15,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Firstly, I want to agree with you: No one can change anyone else. We are all responsible for our own actions, both good and bad. While I still maintain that people can do deplorable things and genuinely change for the better, it doesn’t automatically mean that you should stay with him. And even if he did change his ways, the burden would be 100% on him. At this point, I would pray for him to cease the seemingly incessant lies. Afterall, whether you stay or go, he will always be your child’s father. Even though he didn’t honor you as you deserved, we can only hope he won’t go on to lie to and otherwise deceive your child as well.

Secondly, I commend you for seeking out help for yourself. I can only imagine how hard it would be to go through something like this. You may need the support to stay strong as you face this, so therapy can definitely help with that. If nothing else, you owe it to yourself and your child to not let this situation break your spirit or limit your ability to still be the best mother you can be.

Once again, I’m extremely sorry to hear about your situation. This man clearly has some serious issues to sort out within himself...it is just unfortunate that he has managed to drag you and your child into the muck with him. No matter what you do from this point forward, I hope you make the best choice you can for your child—the ultimate innocent victim in this. At this point, there may not be a “good” or happy solution per se, but there has to be one that you can both live with and proudly stand by. I sincerely hope you find it.

Thank you for your honest opinion I greatly appreciate it. It is just so hurtful.. we are called to forgive and I am trying to work through the pain of all this.. still 2 months later.. May God bless you for your kind reply and helpful words. There are very much appreciated.

Upvote 0