Husband flirting with nurses

Sep 22, 2012
✟9,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have heard that my husband does this and now I saw it happen when he forgot I was there. Apparently he loves to flirt with and give innuendo to nurses that take care of him in the hospital. A church member was also present when this happened. The church member said he would talk to my husband, but this behavior has made me sad and angry coming from someone that claims to follow Jesus. How do I handle this topic with my husband?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some flirt just naturally. Perhaps he is one of those.

You need to tell him how that affects you. You should confide in another believer who can confront him if he does not stop. (like the pastor and his wife)

I find all forms of flirting to be obnoxious. Thankfully I do not recognize it much of the time or I would be upset a LOT.

Upvote 0

annafullofgrace

His blood sets me free.
Dec 28, 2014
USA
✟44,039.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
He needs to stop. He's a grown up. Bring it to his attention and tell him how it makes you feel and that it bothers you and others. Pray for your husband as well.

He does it on purpose and the church member explained what it looked like was he thought he was just joking around with the nurses but it was actually inappropriate.

Upvote 0

JCLover779

Sep 14, 2012
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you trust the church member's judgement and ability to talk about? If so, I would take him up on the offer for him to talk with your husband first and then see how that goes.

It really depends on your relationship/history of interactions with your husband. If you think your husband will listen to you and see your point, then you could (and should) as well. If you think your husband is going to dismiss your views as being insecure, then let the other man do the "intervention".

In either case, I think you should talk right away with the nurses. You can do it by yourself, or with the church member.

Upvote 0

JCLover779

Sep 14, 2012
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's highly possible some of his medication or his condition is affecting his judgement/thinking skills. The nurses can give you some perspective on that, as well as how bad it really is in relation to other experiences they've had. And you will be letting them know you are concerned about how it affects them.

I think you've got lots of help options here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 22, 2012
✟9,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's highly possible some of his medication or his condition is affecting his judgement/thinking skills. The nurses can give you some perspective on that, as well as how bad it really is in relation to other experiences they've had. And you will be letting them know you are concerned about how it affects them.

I think you've got lots of help options here.

He is on an awful lot of pain medicine there... but I had a kind of similar problem in the past and he didn't change until the pastor spoke with him and we are suppose to talk to the pastor in a couple of days actually.

Upvote 0

JCLover779

Sep 14, 2012
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It would be hard and embarrassing to be in this position. I'm sorry you are dealing with it (and repeatedly). :(

The hard part will be figuring out what he is responsible for (and needs to change) and what is beyond his control. But you do have some things you can do and people who can help you. Lean on them. His nurses will talk with the doctors if they deem it necessary, and they can definitely support you in the medical (and some emotional) realm. Your church can help you, too.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟112,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
lol funny you mention this - because it brought to mind something that happened yesterday that caught my interest for a moment but then brushed off.

I've got a pretty bad ear infection right now (swimmer's ear...my daughter got me into the pool the other week and it's been festering ever since). Finally yesterday it got to be throbbing so badly I broke down and went to one of the drug-store "doc in a box" places to get it checked out.

As the nurse was going over all of the various things she had to fill out - she was reading them sort of under her breath. One of the checkboxes apparently was...

"Behaving appropriately...yes"

I kinda chuckled - and felt like asking "What kind of stuff happens where you end up marking 'no'?"

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course it needs to stop. It's not only offensive to you as his wife, but the nurses have the right not to be subjected to overtly flirtatious or sexual comments from patients. Speak to the head nurse in charge of his case and ask that only male nurses be assigned to him from now on. And tell him straight out that it's not appropriate and it hurts your feelings!

Upvote 0