Visit site
✟531.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
CAUTION THE LINK POSTED IS NOT FOR THE LIGHT-HEARTED, PLEASE CONSIDER BEFORE ENTERING! THIS LINK HAS CONTENT OF THE FOLLOWING: Extreme Discontent. Religious Disrespect. Opinion. And content anyone who is skittish or worst is advised.

This link will take you a site I encountered whilst researching my beliefs. If brought up in my mind some room for discussion, concerning religious intolerance, propaganda, and misinformation. Of course, this is only one case, but I'm sure there is more of the like out there. I just can't understand how a person can express these sorts of negative emotions, his judgment blinds the information. I would just like to hear what you have to say about something like this, how it makes you feel, your opinion on the matter, and whatever. This boiled me up, and I feltI should express it to you all. Here is the link, read the advisory above before clicking, http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/wicca.htm

It's main concern is the dissolving of Witchcraft into full-blown Satanism, so there is more than one party this site is involved with. Clearly this writer isn't willing to understand anything outside of his own beliefs. And, and--Oh, I'm to angry to go any further, just express your ideas!

Angry.

BB
~white

Reactions: Krysia

Whitegravity

Universal Bard
Oct 28, 2004
El Paso...but not for long!
Visit site
✟531.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thank you for your understanding, but I mean WOW; this guy doesn't even sound christian in the least. He sounds crazy, babbling lot's of hatred and verses; I'm not even sure he knows the hurtful things he's pouring unto other people!

Edit

They've twisted everything to make it seem what it's not. And with such a negative tone, at that!

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
LOL
Ok, from the top.....

His interpretation of the pentacle is all wrong

"If you ain't serving Jesus, you serving the devil de facto"
Which makes wiccans worse than any other non believer how?!? In other words, why attack them as opposed to all nonbelievers?
Duh

"WICCANS SAY THAT WICCA IS OLDER THAN "CHRISTIANITY"
No. Real wiccans wont. Newly initiated wiccans might, just as newly born again christians may say some off the wall things about christianity. Its just new-born fervor. Wiccans who have experience in their religion and have studied wont say this. As a matter of fact, they deride those that do.

"Witchcraft is not older than worship of the true God. It came up in OPPOSITION to the worship of the true God.
Nothing is older than the Kingdom of God. The eternal God is the Author and Finisher of His kingdom. Nothing predates Him
."
Blah blah blah
This guy isnt addressing the issue about wiccans claims. He's propping up a straw man.
He loses the argument.

"WICCANS SAY THAT WICCA IS THE "OLD RELIGION"
See my statements above regarding "Older than christianity". The same thing applies here. Wiccans parading their beliefs as the "Old religion" are often derided by Wiccans who actually know what they're talking about.

"Lower level initiates believe everything they hear and read and will argue you all day long that Wicca is the "Old Religion"
Likewise those who are newly "born again". Im sure all experienced Christians have seen the newly saved who have gone off on all sorts of ill-informed tangents. This is not, yet again, unique to wicca.

"Most Neo-pagan groups fall into this category. They are based on myths, fantasy or even science-fiction stories."
Before one makes such assertions, one should look at the point of mythology and religion. This is something many christians miss.

"Basing my life on fables?"
A fable is a story that isnt backed up by fact. Examine your own religion a bit closer.

"It is easy to see that with values like this, Wicca took off like a rocket among the "hippie" generation..."
Im sure the Jews would have said the same thing about Christianity in about 100 AD or so.

"Wicca transports folks from the high-tech world of today to cultures past, to fantasy, to science FICTION. In other words, they are toted away from REALITY."
There's already a load of threads on this forum about evolution vs creationism, rationality vs blind belief, etc etc, so why even bother commenting on this specific statement?

"Wicca has many denominations/sects/traditions."
Just like Christianity. Hypocrite

"... love of science FICTION..."
Obviously, someone needs to look up what Science Fiction actually means.

"The Wiccan Rede, is "an it harm none, do what ye will". It is perilously close to the Crowley's (a Satanist) commandment, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."
Yes, but, if you actually bother to read it, it is completely different.
Duh

"performed rites of passage and initiation..."
And that's so bad? Well lets just get rid of graduation, lets ban the jews from the bar mitzvah, and lets get rid of baptism. Hypocrite.

"As the Wiccan progresses, he is told to essentially embrace the dark side of his nature..."
Alarm! Alarm! Alarm!
NO! Wiccans are almost obsessive about staying away from the so-called dark side. And he quotes Starhawk out of context.

And that's just the highlights.
Im sure any tried and true wiccan could expound on anything I have commented on.

Im not even a pagan and I can see the Mac Truck sized holes in his ill-informed arguments

Upvote 0
B

Born_to_Lose_Live_to_Win

IDGIE said:
Even if he is a little wrong in some cases, his time has been spent trying to point people away from satan and into the arms of Jesus. Good for him.

However, his time has been spent futilely for no one on reading his words will come to Jesus as they will strongly suspect that he(the person who created the website) himself is a follower of Satan.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxServant86

Jun 27, 2003
Southern Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟318.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Lokisdottir

LokAce
Sep 26, 2004
✟16,769.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
IDGIE said:
Even if he is a little wrong in some cases, his time has been spent trying to point people away from satan and into the arms of Jesus. Good for him.

Sorry, but you're wrong. He's driving people AWAY from Jesus.

Anyone who hasn't made up their minds is likely to do so when they read this, and believe me, they won't be choosing Jesus. They'll be thinking, "Wow, are all Christians as ignorant and hateful as this guy? I never want to be one of those people."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Whitegravity

Universal Bard
Oct 28, 2004
Visit site
✟531.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I shouldn't take it seriously, but it's just the idea of this sort of gossip and lies that makes it difficult for people of certain beliefs to fit in with society. These rumors cement themselves in the backs of people's minds and closes their minds to those around them. I've experienced it, as I'm sure many others have as well. But if I were to write something of the like about christianity, which I would never do anyway, my "blasphemous" statements would most likely result in some unimaginable consequence. Why not him? Afterall the Golden Rule applies to all people, Satanists, Pagans, Wiccans, whomever! Hypocracy, propaganda, it isn't OK!

Exactly Corvux, we wouldn't have enough time in the day to mention all the lies.

Good for him? For violating his own teachings by spreading lies, rumors, and slanderous statements...I say not. You clearly aren't taking a nuetral position on this matter, and that makes me feel your mind is just as closed as his. I understand he is teaching, if you would call it that, christianity, but his methods are hypocritical to his own principals!

I need to relax...

BB
~white

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
It always amuses me to see people like this jerk and Jack Chick, etc., claiming to follow a God who supposedly so esteemed the truth that he identified himself with it, and then doing nothing but tell lies in his name. :sigh: Sad, too, though.

Upvote 0

Charles Darwin

Druidic Deist
Nov 18, 2003
Virgina
✟8,377.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Wow, thats one seriously anal site (sorry mods if you feel this needs editing)
aside from being full of very very very loose interpretations of the information he is more often then not seeing wicca as an "evil" because of the fact that he does not understand what is being meant and is intentionally looking to slander it. this happens far too often. people who begin a job/search with the goal/result already fixated (sorry, cant spell i know :p) in their minds end up misconstruing the facts in order to prove what it is they set out to show, such as

As the Wiccan progresses, he is told to essentially embrace the dark side of his nature (the Bible calls it sin) just like the goddess went down to the Lord of Death. Miriam Starhawk, a leading thinker of the Wicca movement wrote,
"The depths of our beings are not all sunlit; to see clearly we must be able to dive into the dark, inner abyss and Acknowledge the creatures we may find there. p. 31

what this means is not "embrace the dark side." it is more similar to the idea of yin and yang. in order to understand the good we must be able to see what is evil and acknowledge it in the form that we do not deny its existance, rather than embrace and welcome it as is implied in the site. its the idea of that one should "Know thine enemy so that one might better know thyself"

in summation- the writter of that rubbish site is a biggot and his words just wreak of hate and hypocrisy as he says he does it all in the name of gods love. Im very sorry to christians also that a radical like him is often associated with the mainstream followers, most of whom are very considerate of others' beliefs. he is a disgrace to everyone (the site maintainer that is)

Upvote 0

Whitegravity

Universal Bard
Oct 28, 2004
Visit site
✟531.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just realized the link I posted has been "systematically banned," so it would be pointless to discuss that slander. I wonder why it was banned? (sarcasm)

In its stead, I'll post another! http://www.thunderministries.com/cults/Wicca.html

When I first read this, I thought the writer was going to take a nuetral position; boy was I wrong, as a read further. AGAIN THE ADVISORY ABOVE APPLIES!

I just wish I could find a nuetral site, that way I can understand the differences between Wicca & Christianity without someone's opinions.

http://www.sortlifeout.com/wicca-christ.htm
This link is close, but is by far not what I'm looking for, I would like to push further than those superficial deteals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Whitegravity

Universal Bard
Oct 28, 2004
Visit site
✟531.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
T_T Yeah...dancing under what devil?

If what he says was true then his little corner of the world wide web wouldn't be banned now would it? Check the main page, just remove the wicca.html...(that is if you are referring with to the first link I posted).

If anything, what you mean to say is his intentions are good but his methods are wrong.

Upvote 0

xxdaggerxx

Nov 7, 2004
✟15,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i was refering to this:
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/wicca.htm

If anything, what you mean to say is his intentions are good but his methods are wrong.
That is correct. And i dont think he wrote it for Wiccans/Pagans to read.

When I first read this, I thought the writer was going to take a nuetral position; boy was I wrong, as a read further. AGAIN THE ADVISORY ABOVE APPLIES!
I doubt you will find supporters of witchcraft in christian sites.

Upvote 0

Whitegravity

Universal Bard
Oct 28, 2004
Visit site
✟531.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To further my studies I actually do visit Christian sites. I feel one should understand the world around them, even people of other belief's religions. I consider this a Christian site, and it might say it's non-denominational, but there are many places here that only a TRUE christian is welcome.

If he would like to express his opinion, more power to him, but if it is slanderous to another person, then I disagree with it. I am open to hear both sides of the issues concerning the two beliefs, but I don't want to hear a flame war.

Alright now here is a decent link. The following is a discussion of fundamentle differences between Wicca and Christianity, written by, what I think, are a husband and wife. Slightly, entertaining and friendly. I approve :thumbsup: ! It has oppinions on both sides without bickering or flame wars!

http://www.angelfire.com/biz5/Contrasts/

Upvote 0

xxdaggerxx

Nov 7, 2004
✟15,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If he would like to express his opinion, more power to him, but if it is slanderous to another person, then I disagree with it. I am open to hear both sides of the issues concerning the two beliefs, but I don't want to hear a flame war.

I agree. But before you research you must know, no christian will take the side of witchcraft.

Alright now here is a decent link. The following is a discussion of fundamentle differences between Wicca and Christianity, written by, what I think, are a husband and wife. Slightly, entertaining and friendly. I approve :thumbsup: ! It has oppinions on both sides without bickering or flame wars!

http://www.angelfire.com/biz5/Contrasts/

Your source is bias.

Upvote 0

Whitegravity

Universal Bard
Oct 28, 2004
Visit site
✟531.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've met some universalist Christians who would say so. They don't believe in the magick, but they are much more flexible when it comes to the Wiccan beliefs, as they believe we all worship the same God, and in the end, we come together.

But my position on this discussion was not to preach my religion, or to discuss its principles. It was to discuss in how I find it hard to find certain sites which take a "on the fence" look at the two, not an extremist of any side of the spectrum.

You shouldn't lump all the christians together like that, I'm sure not ALL would feel the same way you do.

Upvote 0