Feb 2, 2006
In God's country
✟8,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, guys. It's me again.

I don't know what to do... today in play practice, a girl stood on the risers that extend the stage (which are really wobbly), and I said, "Whoa! The stage just slumped over! *Laughs*" I only told the truth, because it did. It was one of the really unstable ones.

Well, a little while later, some of my classmates (which are mean to me alot, except a couple) called me into the back room. They told me that I shouldn't hurt her feelings, and that I hurt another girl's feelings the week before, and I'd hurt a guy's feelings that day.

This came as a huge shock to me. I had to supress a torrent of tears. I couldn't stand it! I still can't! I hate hurting people... whether physically or, the most painful, emotionally. A direct quote from me just two days ago was, "I don't like to hurt other people's feelings. I know how it feels and I don't want other people to be hurt." But when they told me that, it seemed like all of that quote was a lie.

I apoligized to the girls, but they said there was no need to apoligize and to just forget about it (in a nice way). When I was going back into the gym when the others were leaving, the one who is really mean yelled to me from his car window, "(Bad word)!"

I cried all the way home. I've always said I want to be one of the kindest people you'll ever know, but I guess that dream's already broken... Another thing is I want to make people laugh. Whether at me or with me, but it never works. They always laugh against me. And that hurts me. But I'd not been hurt so badly by them telling me that than when I broke up with someone I really loved, and that HURT.

Sigh... should I just stop talking to people? I don't know how long it's went on. I could have been hurting people for years and not known it...

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Angel_of_the_Lord said:

I don't know what to do... today in play practice, a girl stood on the risers that extend the stage (which are really wobbly), and I said, "Whoa! The stage just slumped over! *Laughs*" I only told the truth, because it did. It was one of the really unstable ones.

Well, a little while later, some of my classmates (which are mean to me alot, except a couple) called me into the back room. They told me that I shouldn't hurt her feelings, and that I hurt another girl's feelings the week before, and I'd hurt a guy's feelings that day.

This came as a huge shock to me. I had to supress a torrent of tears. I couldn't stand it! I still can't! I hate hurting people... whether physically or, the most painful, emotionally. A direct quote from me just two days ago was, "I don't like to hurt other people's feelings. I know how it feels and I don't want other people to be hurt." But when they told me that, it seemed like all of that quote was a lie.

I apoligized to the girls, but they said there was no need to apoligize and to just forget about it (in a nice way). When I was going back into the gym when the others were leaving, the one who is really mean yelled to me from his car window, "(Bad word)!"

I cried all the way home. I've always said I want to be one of the kindest people you'll ever know, but I guess that dream's already broken... Another thing is I want to make people laugh. Whether at me or with me, but it never works. They always laugh against me. And that hurts me. But I'd not been hurt so badly by them telling me that than when I broke up with someone I really loved, and that HURT.

Sigh... should I just stop talking to people? I don't know how long it's went on. I could have been hurting people for years and not known it...
Dear Angel_of_the_Lord

I use to hate the feeling of " hurt "

But now I know it means I'm alive.

So many folks are the walking dead.

Let GOD be your guide and turn your complete life over to HIM so that HE will ANOINT YOU with the HOLY SPIRIT. One of the GIFTS of the HOLY SPIRIT is that you shall receive a " COMFORTER " It is then you realize that your hurt is LOVE. And we all know life without LOVE is dead!!!!

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

XEven though you can't see Him, GOD is there!O
( click on the X and move to the O ) ( then feel who is around you )

Upvote 0

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You don't need to quit talking to people. Everyone makes mistakes and occasionally says something without realizing how it might sound to someone else. That includes the kindest and gentlest people in the world. None of us are perfect. Ask forgiveness, learn from your mistakes, and move on. Don't keep beating yourself up over them.

Upvote 0
U

UnitynLove

I was just like you until God put a change on me. Remember making a mistake doesn't make you a bad person it just makes you human. Thus, you can from that mistake and move on.

Here some words of advice...

Do you have joy in your life every single day? This is God's will for you...and He has provided the keys that will bring happiness, contentment, and joy regardless of your circumstances.
Are you convinced that your particular circumstances make happiness and enjoyment impossible for you? Well, it is not true! The keys that God offers you are designed to open the doors that you may have thought were forever locked.
Learning to be happy with yourself is a very important key to enjoying your life. If you know that God wants you to enjoy life, why does it sometimes seem impossible? Could it be that you are unhappy with yourself because you're not perfect? God doesn't require us to be perfect—He made us and He knows we are human and will make mistakes. Our job is to get up every day and do our best to use the keys He has provided for us. And when we fail, we must get right with God, receive His forgiveness, and go on. We need to quit being so hard on ourselves and enjoy our lives right where we are.
Many people feel that God can't use them because they are not perfect—but this is a lie. God (the Potter) uses cracked pots (that's us) to do His work. As Christians, we are containers that God wants to fill with His goodness and light. Then we are to carry that goodness and light to a dark world, sharing it with people everywhere we go. Don't be afraid of your flaws—acknowledge them and allow God to use you anyway. Quit worrying about what you're not and give God what you are.
I once read a story that beautifully illustrates the value of cracked pots...
A water bearer in India had two large pots hanging at the ends of a pole that he carried across his neck. One of the pots was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water at the end of the long walk from the stream to the master's house. The other pot had a crack in it, and by the time it reached its destination, it was only half full. Every day for two years the water bearer delivered only one and one-half pots of water to the master's house. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments—perfect to the end for which it was made. The poor little cracked pot was ashamed of its imperfections and miserable that it could accomplish only half of what it had been designed to do. After two years of what the imperfect pot perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer and said, "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you."
"Why?" asked the bearer, "What are you ashamed of?"
"Well, for these past two years, I have been able to deliver only half a load of water each day because this crack in my side allows water to leak out all the way back to the master's house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all this work without getting the full value from your efforts," the pot said.
The water bearer felt sorry for the old cracked pot and, in his compassion, he said, "As we return to the master's house, I want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path." Indeed, as they went up the hill, the old cracked pot noticed the beautiful wild flowers on the side of the path. But at the end of the trail, it still felt bad because half of its load had leaked out once again.
Then the bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of the path and not on the other pot's side? That's because I've always known about your flaw and took advantage of it by planting flower seeds on your side of the path. Every day as we walked back from the stream, you watered those seeds and for two years I have picked these beautiful flowers to decorate my master's table. Without you being just what you are, he would not have had this beauty to grace his house." Like that cracked pot, you too can accomplish wonderful things. You can make somebody happy. You can encourage, edify, and exhort those around you. You can use your gifts and talents to serve God. And as a bonus, you will learn to enjoy every day of your life.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Greetings all ,

Let us consider James Chapter 3 : Link below .

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/toccer-new2?id=KjvJame.sgm&images=images/modeng&data=/texts/english/modeng/parsed&tag=public&part=3&division=div1

The devil likes to try and throw us into confusion by suggesting one extreme after another .

While the good / right / honest way is normally moderate in nature .

Therefore , instead of blurting out whatever pops into our head ... and instead of resigning ourselves to not speaking to others at all ... why not try prayerfully limiting the amount of talking we do ... so that we listen more / talk less / and speak only those things which we are most assured are wholesomely appropriate ?!

This doesn't mean no one will ever take offense , or misinterpret what we say - it means we can ( with The Lord's help ) eliminate much of the impulsive , excess commenting which tends to play into various emotional / psychological / spiritual ensnaring pitfalls.

Additionally , Angel_of_the_Lord , it sounds as if you may be unfairly targeted , so that , almost anything you might say in the presence of some , is likely to be taken in a negatively rendered way ... In such a case , saying less may help , or it may convince your antagonists that they have brow beaten you into silence , to their rather sadistic glee . But to break their spell , so to speak , Christ's Nature must manifest with wisdom and understanding .

This requires that we continually dedicate ourselves to asking / receiving & walking in His Spirit .

And the beauty which will be experienced by seeking and finding and holding fast , the ensuing Fellowship with God , and The Son of God , is so Great and Everlasting that we will rejoice exceedingly over the fact that our being mistreated led to finding such Redeeming Comfort and Saving Consolation ... and so the judgment of The Lord does manifest - how that He exalts the lowly and the downtrodden + sends those proudly full of themselves away empty handed . So that the real harm done by the maliciously hurtful is ultimately to themself .

While their efforts to harm those whom The Lord has ordained to be recipients of His Tender Mercies and Loving Kindnesses are only stirred to a greater degree of spiritual enrichment , because they were scorned by the earthly / worldly / sensual / devilish crowd .

Wherein , confirmation abounds that we are not to share our lot in with theirs .

And then , if they too , are convicted and regret and repent , then they also may find their Everlasting Life in Christ's Loving Care . To the Glory of God . Amen .

And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.
<-----> Luke 1:46-55

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets. But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.
Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
<-----> Luke 6:20-36

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
<-----> Romans 12:17-21

If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
<-----> 1st Peter 4:11-14

May The Lord Be Pleased To Bless .

wm

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Don't change you, sometimes others take niceness in the wrong way not you but other people. This is something I learned when you wake up in the morning ask God to help you through-out the day. Ask him to help you to think about what you are going to say. It wasn't like you were saying it to be mean or anything. The intent of your heart was right.Just keep them in your prayers that is the boys you were talking about. It's okay and I hope God will wipe away the tears on your face. Just give it to God each time they do something they coulld be doing just to see how you will react::)

Upvote 0

lorali

Feb 22, 2006
✟208.00
Faith
Christian
Angel_of_the_Lord said:

You sound like a very sweet person that no body can seem to figure out. Maybe before you make a joke of somthing you should ask yourself if I say this is it possible that someone could be offinded? Like this last joke u told - was the girl over weight or skinny? my guess is over weight. If she is skinny I dont know why she would have gotten upset. When I was in school there were a couple of guys that i had alot of classes with and they were just constanly trying to be the class clowns and (I think) they were trying so hard to make everyone laugh they wernt thinking things thru, so most of there jokes were mean without them even knowing it- till someone started to cry. Then they would be in shock (I mean you could see the blank looks on there faces). I had a talk with them and told them the same as i have told you and there jokes became funny and everyone was happy! Good luck!! It's a good thing that your a person that likes to make other people happy.

Upvote 0

asianchexmix

No, I'm not sleeping I just have small eyes
Dec 22, 2003
Virginia
✟16,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got reminded of this with a sermon on my college fellowship...the pastor said that even jokes like that can hurt peoples feelings (which you found out) but the thing is that we are supposed to uplift each other with encouraging words and A LOT of words we say may not be encouraging (i joke A LOT too in that way but its still wrong...wrong is wrong). i think nowadays everyone is joking in that matter and we are measured by how "mean" it was and we let it bounce but in reality, it may fester and just keep rusting in the heart and thus prevent growing....we have to choose our words VERY carefully and its oh so hard...I know because I'm the type that woulda said that too but yea....just be careful because EVERY LITTLE THING CAN TURN INTO A BIG THING (caps due to importance not yelling)

Upvote 0

justjan

Aug 31, 2004
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It really is hard to get over the hurt that we feel when we say the wrong things sometimes. It's been an awful week for me in that regard so I can relate to how badly you fee.

If you have done all you can to reconcile the situation accept their forgiveness and let it be a learning lesson.

Someday we will all give an account to God for every word that we said. I am trying to remember that point more often in my own life.

With that said you cannot give up on talking to people around you. Accept their forgiveness and Gods and then rely on God to help you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

AngelDove1

Angel_of_the_Lord said:

Hi,

I would suggest that you THINK before you say......

Listen to yourself.....I use to talk infront of a mirror...cuz I use to say hurting things with out knowing it too.

Upvote 0