Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just found out from a co-worker that Joaquin literally means "Raised/lifted up by Yahweh". The path that they're saying it's going to head is straight to DC. I even looked up when it was classified as a storm: September 28th.

When I was told and looked up the info, I laughed....hard. If it does end up hitting DC full-on, I'm going to laugh even harder. Yes, I'll feel bad for the people dealing with the hurricane, but ya.

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yep, came across this later in the day when I had the chance to research a bit more than before. Hehe oh well.

Another one bites the dust

I don't see what you're trying to get at with this post.

Names are recycled every 6 years. Influential hurricanes have their names retired
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/atl_names.html

I wasn't aware of this, thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see what you're trying to get at with this post.

Another flippant (though thinly veiled) "prediction" of End times Punishment by God Bites the dust.

My tally so far, And I admit it's not complete, but from all the modern end times predictions I'v been able to compile, they all share one thing in common.
100% failure rate. 100%

Now it might be just me, but I'd be reticent to attach my wagon to that track record.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Another flippant (though thinly veiled) "prediction" of End times Punishment by God Bites the dust.

My tally so far, And I admit it's not complete, but from all the modern end times predictions I'v been able to compile, they all share one thing in common.
100% failure rate. 100%

Now it might be just me, but I'd be reticent to attach my wagon to that track record.

Just fyi, I wasn't trying to "predict" a end times punishment. I just found the bit of information interesting. If I had been (which I don't) I would have given a date of which it should be landing etc; which obviously I didn't. I was simply repeating some information I had gotten from a coworker and was curious to see yall's 2 cents. I felt the blood moons thing was interesting as well, me and my dad spoke several times on the current events and the blood moons, but we never predicted whether or not anything would happen. We both simply found it all interesting and we both waited to see if anything would happen.

I would think twice before accusing someone of "giving an End Times prediction" unless there is more information given on said "prediction" or if said person actually says something along the lines of "God will punch <insert people> on this day by <insert event>".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just fyi, I wasn't trying to "predict" a end times punishment. ....
I would think twice before accusing someone of "giving an End Times prediction" unless there is more information given on said "prediction" or if said person actually says something along the lines of "God will punch <insert people> on this day by <insert event>".

Ummm... you posted this in the ESCHATOLOGY section, not the current events or, physical & Life sciences section or Outdoors & Nature Section.... NO, you Chose ESCHATOLOGY, ergo, you were defacto asserting an Eschatological fulfillment to this particular Weather event, were you not?

Date setting isn't necessary to assert a prediction that a particular event has eschatological ramifications.
Just ask anyone here on CF who has been predicting failed end time scenarios for the past decade...

Indeed, This Hurricane has no eschatological connection or fulfillment whatsoever, as you post clearly implied.... ergo, "another one bites the dust."

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ummm... you posted this in the ESCHATOLOGY section, not the current events or, physical & Life sciences section or Outdoors & Nature Section.... NO, you Chose ESCHATOLOGY, ergo, you were defacto asserting an Eschatological fulfillment to this particular Weather event, were you not?

Date setting isn't necessary to assert a prediction that a particular event has eschatological ramifications.
Just ask anyone here on CF who has been predicting failed end time scenarios for the past decade...

Indeed, This Hurricane has no eschatological connection or fulfillment whatsoever, as you post clearly implied.... ergo, "another one bites the dust."

Actually no, more of a "what do yall think of this". Yes, it had potential from the information and maps I had seen and received, but unless i was asserting that it was truly a fulfillment I would have been way more obvious. Plus, the hurricane hadn't even made landfall when I posted it, again, it was a "What do yall think of this? This is interesting." Obviously i could have worded my post better, but seriously dude chill out.

Oh and I knew exactly where i was posting it in and why I was doing it.

Also: Date setting is exactly that, setting a date for a certain specified event will happen. Hence the name "date setting".

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was not aware that posting a significant weather event was not allowed in this forum.

Well, I never implied anything like that so I'm not sure where you are getting that from?
I leave that to the Mods to decide what's allowed and what isn't..

Are you suggesting that asking someone who posts a significant weather event in the eschatology section to show a connection between that event and eschatology is out of bounds?

I mean, my kids' toilet overflowed this morning, causing a "significant" event in our basement bathroom, but I didn't start a thread about it in the eschatology section...I guess maybe I should have, since apparently we don't need to stick to eschatology here...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,905.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why did you choose to post this in Eschatology then, if you were not suggesting an eschatological meaning to it??
The accusatory tone here in your quote suggests to me that his posting it needed an eschatological meaning when it was already stated that it didn't. He chose to post it here, why is his business. And you sir are not a moderator.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, moderator I'm not.
And your accusatory tone toward me for having the audacity to question his reasons for posting an admittedly non eschatological post in the eschatology section has been noted.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was not aware that posting a significant weather event was not allowed in this forum.
Unless that weather event has some eschatological significance then it's off topic here. This forum is supposed to be about, ya know, eschatology, not the weather.

Although posts on bowling are on topic here.

Upvote 0