Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm reading a novel and someone is going to call a game warden because someone "jacked" a deer. Can you tell me what that means? Is it the same as illegal deer shining or is there more to it?

Sorry --- there weren't any hunters in my family.

Waddler

Live a story worth telling well.
Jul 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
✟27,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe that refers to stealing someone else's killed animal.

Edited to correct myself: it's actually killing a deer at night using a spotlight to find it and kill it. Just looked it up. In my neck of the woods that's just called "night hunting" and is against the law. Deer jacking is a no-no | The Nature of Things

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe that refers to stealing someone else's killed animal.

Edited to correct myself: it's actually killing a deer at night using a spotlight to find it and kill it. Just looked it up. In my neck of the woods that's just called "night hunting" and is against the law. Deer jacking is a no-no | The Nature of Things
Right, I grew up hunting and have hunters in my family, and fishers, ect...

Your not allowed to hunt or kill after sundown, and not at night, and yes, they usually just spotlight or blind them, which isn't very fair hunting, akin to killing fish with explosives...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Just saw not too long ago, some of my cousins and uncles, deer and elk, ect... I've killed a couple deer myself, in my time, hunting, makes good jerky or pepperoni sticks, yum... I don't do it much anymore, but my family still does...

Fishing too, Salmon and steelhead, sometimes they give some pieces or fish or deer or elk meat or jerky, or whatever to the rest of the family...

I live in Oregon...

Upvote 0

Waddler

Live a story worth telling well.
Jul 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
✟27,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've been hunting. I've nothing against killing animals for food, but I don't like the cold, rustic, "crack of dawn" stuff. I'm a creature who likes my comfort.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I've been hunting. I've nothing against killing animals for food, but I don't like the cold, rustic, "crack of dawn" stuff. I'm a creature who likes my comfort.
I'm kinda like that now...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums