✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi again @hislegacy

Since you mentioned some in law enforcement not in agreement, let's discuss Sheriff Arpaio's understanding of the 'birther' claims made against Pres. Obama. There were quite a few who sided with him and encouraged his effort in denying that Pres. Obama was and is a U.S. citizen by birth.

Was he, and those who followed his understanding, right?

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It would be a big blow if the allegations are true and if one can connect the dots from whatever occurred to White House complicity or cover-up. That said, a lot of parents have adult children who have made messes of their lives, and there isn't always something that parents can do about their adult children's choices. As a parent of adult children, I no longer consider myself responsible for their adult choices.

Uh it's more than that!

Do you have a shared bank account with your son or daughter, and do you expect them to pay your bills, and do you expect them to kick back half of the money they earned by some of their fat Burisma jobs that they got purely because they are your offspring, and have your surname rather than their actual education, job skills and in spite of them having a dubious and checkered past and present?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi @hislegacy

Well, I'm 66 years old and I've learned that there are always those who disagree with one position or another. However, I'm not necessarily looking for agreement, but rather truth. Listening to many of our politicians today, it seems like there's a fairly good sized group that isn't particularly interested in truth, but more interested in sowing disagreement, division and anger.

I like to think that I'm not in agreement with any of that.

God bless,
Ted

@miamited - That is why I do not vote Democratic -

Congrats on being 66. We are both looking for truth, but I don't think you will find it right now.

• Agree
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi again @hislegacy

~ snip , let's discuss Sheriff Arpaio's
God bless,
Ted

Hi @miamited - no - let's not. It would be off topic and derailing, both of which are against forum rules. Let's, the two of us stay on topic and in the rules of the forum. That also is part of being truthful - would it not?

• Agree
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a shared bank account with your son or daughter, and do you expect them to pay your bills, and do you expect them to kick back half of the money they earned

Nope, sure don't. I haven't seen documentation that Joe does either. I agree he had a problem if he does.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...jobs that they got purely because they are your offspring, and have your surname rather than their actual education, job skill

Ivanka? Eric? Jr.?

Our political system is corrupt. We have the best government money can buy. And, money has.

Upvote 0

Ray Glenn

Jun 10, 2021
Birmingham
✟31,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When property is abandoned, you've surrendered that device. What is being presented to the Grand Jury, is the evidence within the laptop itself. And they are not focusing on inappropriate content. The public will not know the content or any criminal activity until the prosecution is ready to indict. There are a myriad of ways to confirm what Hunter had in that laptop. One way is to look at emails to Hunter's business partner and compare those communication links to the business partners emails. That has been verified. The business partner is very vocal in this. This goes to great strides in proving the laptop was Hunter's and not tampered with as some claim. X's and O's provide the truth of where, when and how evidence was entered into the computer. In other words hard drives do not lie.

And remember, part of this involves the IRS investigation that forced Hunter to pay one million dollars in unpaid back taxes. Evidence proving that Hunter received money from foreign countries then failed to pay the IRS their fair share. The question being investigated as well, involves Joe's brother and the amount of money funneled to Joe. Then the question, what taxes did Joe pay? From the looks of things ......zero. Trouble ahead.

It all comes down to the Grand Jury and the Prosecutor.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ivanka? Eric? Jr.?

Our political system is corrupt. We have the best government money can buy. And, money has.

They actually are experienced executives trained in dad's company for sure, but also at least are not known drug addicts and actually earn their keep in spite of also bringing in nice connections for whoever hires them.
(I actually think if Ivanka got something like Burisima she would learn some Ukrainian and study up on some of the specifics of Ukrainian law, regulations, business etc. and it would not be purely a charity gig, unlike a certain former VP's son....)

Not to mention their have been "What Aboutisms" about them for years..... Isn't it sad, that you need to deflect back to them, meanwhile Hunter's shenagians started back in the Obama days, but have only started to get their due in 2020.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Like I said, there has to be a solid trace of shenanigans back to the President. I think that has not been proven as of yet, and it will be a whole other matter if it is. We should take care not to bear false witness.

• Winner
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think you may have missed the real point of that statement @probinson. I don't think anyone is denying that the emails in question are authentic or do exist on this laptop.

Sure they are. The post I was responding to said;

And where in this article NYTime say “ Hunter Biden laptop is genuine” ?

This member was questioning whether the laptop was "genuine", or "authentic", if you prefer. So yes, there most certainly are people denying that the emails (and possibly even the laptop) are authentic.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Pavel Mosko

Do you have a shared bank account with your son or daughter, and do you expect them to pay your bills, and do you expect them to kick back half of the money they earned by some of their fat Burisma jobs that they got purely because they are your offspring, and have your surname rather than their actual education, job skills and in spite of them having a dubious and checkered past and present?

Do you have some proof that the elder Biden's expected some kick back from their son? As far as shared bank accounts. My sister and mother have had shared accounts for about 20 years now. Do you know what Hunter Biden's job skills are? Seems to me that about 80% of your rant here is pretty much just unproven sour grapes.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @probinson

Sure they are. The post I was responding to said;

And where in this article NYTime say “ Hunter Biden laptop is genuine” ?

This member was questioning whether the laptop was "genuine", or "authentic", if you prefer. So yes, there most certainly are people denying that the emails (and possibly even the laptop) are authentic.

Yes, I'm sorry. I had missed that question to you and merely read the report of the OP. There didn't seem to be anyone denying the authenticity of the laptop in that article. I do know that in the beginning there were people asking about the authenticity of the laptop, but I don't recall it being either Hunter or Pres. Biden. According to thehill.com Hunter has questioned whether it is his or not, which would be a valid question. Even if he did drop off a laptop as supposed with the computer repair shop, he wouldn't know if the one found were actually his unless it was given to him to look over and verify. I don't know if he was ever given that opportunity, but that was way back in the beginning of all of this issue and I don't recall him making any big deal about it not actually being his.

God bless,
Ted

• Agree
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @hislegacy

Hi @miamited - no - let's not. It would be off topic and derailing, both of which are against forum rules. Let's, the two of us stay on topic and in the rules of the forum. That also is part of being truthful - would it not?

No, I don't equate speaking on a different subject to being truthful or untruthful. Only if what were said about the other topic was untrue, would such a statement be untruthful. It would be, according to dictionary.com: extraneous, immaterial, inappropriate, inconsequential, insignificant, pointless, trivial, unimportant, unnecessary, unrelated, foreign, garbage, impertinent, inapplicable, inapposite, inapt, inconsequent, out of order, out of place, outside.

However, I believe it to not be so terribly off topic as regards 'what' is being done here and how others also try to do the same things, and giving one such, as an example. You brought up that there were 'some' in law enforcement who disagreed with my perception of the issue. To that issue that you brought up, I offered some testimony concerning some of the disinformation that 'some' in law enforcement have produced in the past, that I don't agree with.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi @miamited

No, I don't equate speaking on a different subject to being truthful or untruthful

That is the definition of off topic - I'll not participate, I really do not want to break forum rules - you however are free to do what you'd like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On October 14, 2020, only one month prior to the 2020 presidential election, the New York Post published emails from Hunter Biden’s infamous discarded laptop, showing him to have attempted to set up a meeting between his father — who was serving as vice-president under Barack Obama at the time — and Burisma officials.​

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @hislegacy

On October 14, 2020, only one month prior to the 2020 presidential election, the New York Post published emails from Hunter Biden’s infamous discarded laptop, showing him to have attempted to set up a meeting between his father — who was serving as vice-president under Barack Obama at the time — and Burisma officials.​

Any chance you can quote chapter and verse of what law was broken in his attempting to set up such a meeting? As far as I'm aware, it's only illegal, if the meeting did take place and some illegal activity was carried on or discussed within that meeting. However, I'm fully prepared to learn what I may not know about the law and it's application. What law says that it's illegal for a family member to attempt to set up a meeting with foreign businessmen?

Perhaps the businessmen asked Hunter if he could get them a meeting with then VP Biden. Hunter said, "I'll see what I can do." Then he sent an email to his father asking if he'd entertain the idea of meeting with the board, or whoever it was with the Burisma company, that wanted to speak with him. I don't think that's illegal and if I was someone's son of a fairly well known parent and someone asked me a similar question, I think I'd at least offer to facilitate a meeting. Still don't think it's illegal. So, can we get down to the specifics of what law is it that Hunter Biden might have broken in sending a request to his father to meet with these people at Burisma?

Then we can move to the next step, which is the really important issue here. What law did then VP Biden break in reading and possibly responding to his son's email?

God bless,
Ted​

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi again @hislegacy

Let's just role play this for a moment. Hunter Biden is on the board or in some other position fairly high up on the chain of Burisma. One day they all sit down and they're discussing future options and directions that the company might want to investigate for future growth. One of them comes up with an idea that he thinks might enhance the business if they could break into the American market and says, "You know, Hunter, I'd like to pick your father's brain on this and see what he thinks. I mean he really has his ear to the ground, so to speak, about what the American people want. Do you think there's any chance you could ask him to come and sit down and discuss this issue with us?"

Hunter responds, "Well, gentlemen, I don't know how close to the ground he keeps his ear regarding these matters, but I'll certainly ask him." Then he sits down and writes out an email. "Dear dad, I'm over here at the big table with the board of Burisma and they have some ideas about getting into the American market and think you might be able to give them some good advice on the matter and have asked that you meet with them. Is that something that you might consider?"

As far as I know, in this scenario, there have not been any laws broken. Even if Hunter were to make a few more attempts to get his dad to sit down to a meet, unless and until, illegal activities are considered or consumated, there isn't any law, that I'm aware of, that prevents a child from asking their very important father, if he'll sit down to a meeting with anyone.

God bless,
Ted

• Agree
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi again @hislegacy

Let's just role play this for a moment. Hunter Biden is on the board or in some other position fairly high up on the chain of Burisma. One day they all sit down and they're discussing future options and directions that the company might want to investigate for future growth. One of them comes up with an idea that he thinks might enhance the business if they could break into the American market and says, "You know, Hunter, I'd like to pick your father's brain on this and see what he thinks. I mean he really has his ear to the ground, so to speak, about what the American people want. Do you think there's any chance you could ask him to come and sit down and discuss this issue with us?"

Hunter responds, "Well, gentlemen, I don't know how close to the ground he keeps his ear regarding these matters, but I'll certainly ask him." Then he sits down and writes out an email. "Dear dad, I'm over here at the big table with the board of Burisma and they have some ideas about getting into the American market and think you might be able to give them some good advice on the matter and have asked that you meet with them. Is that something that you might consider?"

As far as I know, in this scenario, there have not been any laws broken. Even if Hunter were to make a few more attempts to get his dad to sit down to a meet, unless and until, illegal activities are considered or consumated, there isn't any law, that I'm aware of, that prevents a child from asking their very important father, if he'll sit down to a meeting with anyone.

God bless,
Ted

Well howdy doody back atcha @miamited

Let's role play this for a moment.

IMHO, you have no clue what happened, and in your zeal to defend, you are just making things up now and I am completely not responding to you until we talk about facts.

Please don't misinterpret me - I understand your need to deflect from this subject. I understand your desire to make it go away or at least diminish the impact it is going to have. First attempting to go off topic and now tripping the fantasy side of an argument is not effective.

When you want to come back to facts, I'll be waiting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0