Pennsylvania
✟7,659.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
{Okay this story is going to be 'directed' by me. I'll post messages and directions in between "{ }" so people can take that as my shot calls. I can' really tell people what to do, only tell people where the story should go next. Let's see if that helps.

Also, I'll be playing the same character, Travis, as my last story. Travis is an experienced member to the Order of Creators who has attained medium Degrees. The story revolves around having a younger, female Adept named Irene (Order of Chosen) who is a staunch but naive member of the local Squad.

Travis and the others show up, asking Irene to allow them to gain access to a special Holy Relic within the Squad's Reliquary, but Irene feels dubious about since Travis was run out of the Squad years ago for "apostasy."

Below I'm going to start a running character list for everyone's reference. When you begin posting, please include the name and Order of your character.}

RUNNING CHARACTER LIST

-Travis, Order Creator
-Irene, Order Chosen

Dust&Ashes

Creator
Jan 1, 2009
Pennsylvania
✟7,659.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Irene was standing alongside the little, red wooden bridge near the brook that the community council had placed in the town park years back. She had grown up with it through her adolescence and it held a certain sentimental significance because of that. She would often come here, especially early into the night, to watch the creek flow and let her mind wander.

Irene was a member of the West Chester Squad, a group of dedicated Adepts who had watched over and protected all of West Chester County for decades, going all the way back into the early 70's. The Squad had grown considerably and now boasted their own little building to serve as a base of operations, as well as several cars, encrypted cell phones, locker caches, and survival supplies packed away at a private cabin deep in the woods.

Considering most Squads were only a decade old, maybe, and had little more than a car and each other's cell phone numbers, that wasn't bad for a Squad operating out in the sticks.

The years had passed quickly and Irene's mind drifted back over the passing time. She could picture the faces of former Squad members, people who may have left or, on the rare and unfortunate case, those who died 'in the line of duty.'

Imagine Irene's surprise when she drifted out of reverie and realized that one of those faces she was staring at in the brook was actually quite real - it was the face of a man in his thirties, tall and slim shouldered but compact. He was standing across the brook, half-covered by the pine branches of the nearby woods, clearly waiting for Irene to notice him.

Irene's heart leaped into her throat as she realized who it was. Travis, a former member of the Squad, the same man who had left all those years ago to pursue his own ends. He had left amid a whirl of controversy, with some members of the Squad actively accusing him of apostasy. He had left so suddenly, Irene had never had the chance to ask him what happened.

Now he stood across the brook from her, watching and waiting.

Upvote 0

DeistKnight

Feb 6, 2015
✟15,104.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
"You've got some nerve coming back here," Irene said angrily.

Travis shrugged his shoulders and offered her his hand which she refused. "I came back because I need your help. We have a situation and we need something from you." Travis waited for a response, but Irene turned from him and seemed happy to ignore him now. "Come on, don't be like that."

"Why not? You left, you left all of us here long ago. Why should I care about what's happening now?"

"Because a lot of people are going to get hurt if you don't."

"It's not fair of you to say that to me. What I mean is how I can I know you mean any of this. The others say you turned from the path, that you're a Heretic now!"

"Everyone is someone else's heretic."

"But they say you had words with the Regent, that you threatened him!?"

{leaving off there, internet is starting to fade where I am}

Upvote 0

Dust&Ashes

Creator
Jan 1, 2009
Pennsylvania
✟7,659.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Travis took hold of Irene's shoulders and led her over to the babbling brook. Looking into the water for a moment to gather his thoughts, Travis tried his best to explain his need for Irene's support now more than ever.

"Something bad's coming, I don't mean to sound creepy or anything but it's the truth. Irene, there's a special Relic inside the vault of your Squad I need to get too. I'm being up front with you on this, I really need you to trust me."

Irene gasped and then smiled in a mixture of agitation and amusement, "did you hear nothing I just said? I asked you why the others are calling you a heretic and then you go and ask me to just trust you blindly?"

"I don't have time to go into this-"

"What is the danger exactly?" Irene asked.

"Something's feeding on local Supernaturals. I think I've got a bead on who might be behind it but I need that Relic to finish the job."

"Oh really, and I'm just supposed to trust you to bring it back?"

"Irene..." Travis didn't mean to sound exasperated, but he was, "You knew me years before, did I ever do or say anything to give you the impression I was that kind of person?"

Irene stumbled for an answer, "perhaps not... But a person can change a lot in just a few years. How do I know you're even still an Adept?"

Travis reached into the cool waters of the brook and a bluish light emanated from his cupped hands. When he took his hands out of the water, Irene could see some of the liquid water solidifying in his hands, shaping and refashioning into a tiny, glass swan. The detail wasn't too good but it had a basic beak design and the wings had what appeared to be feather patterns.

Unabashedly, Travis handed the glass swan to Irene.

"You're going to have to do better then sweet words and trinkets to convince me, Travis."

"But it's a start, right?"

"You Creators, always looking to the future," Irene mused. "Why come to me, why not the rest of my Squad? Reston would hear you out at least? And he's Squad Chaplain."

"Reston is a good guy and he's indifferent to politics, but I wasn't kidding when I said time is of the essence tonight. I don't mean to put pressure on you but I'm not exaggerating when I say it's a matter of life and death."

"What? Whose life?" Irene asked.

"Possibly mine."

Upvote 0