Humans pawns in battle of God vs Satan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else get the feeling humans are pawns in this big battle between God and Satan. The battle which started ever since Satan tried to usurp God?

It's like God and Satan are playing a chess game, and it's all about controlling the events in the lives of humans to either:

Reveal the Truth (The aim of God & the angels)

Hide the Truth (The aim of Satan & the demons)

Satan, of course, is already cornered and will be thrown into the lake of fire eventually. But until then, it's like he is trying to grab as many humans as he can to take with him and God is controlling events in the lives of humans to allow them the opportunity to know His Truth.

I dunno why I started this thread it's just sometimes I feel so used...:)

But in a good way because God is using me and not Satan anymore!

Oliver

beachduck7

Sep 24, 2004
Virginia Beach, Virginia
✟7,699.00
Faith
Catholic
hello Oliver! I know what you're talking about... Even if you read the book of Job, it seems as if Satan is testing Job for God, to make sure he has faith. All I can say is, Satan is forever trying to take us away from God, and God is forever trying to get us to believe in Him without forcing us to... so in a way, we are pawns, but of our own choosing because we choose who we want to follow, God gave us free will, and boy is it a lot better with God. If you look on the spiritual realm and the whole parable of harvesting the good grain, the whole point is to try and spread God's word and help other people, but in all actuality, unless you are with God and pray and have a close relationship with Him, then you control your own life and choose where you go, if you are with God, you choose to follow Him.
Besides, Satan's just jealous cuz he can never be as good as God, and he wants to try and bring as many good people as he can down with him cuz he's evil... Anywho, I like your post though, I know what ya mean. Have fun, and have a nice day... Bu-bye and God Bless, and remember to smile :D

Upvote 0

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
I have wondered the same from time to time when I first became a Christian and started reading the word. God is! Satan is the black king. Jesus is the white king. There are certainly more pawns than kings but I think that all the pieces are there. It is a political game that started when Satan thought, desired, to be number one. And the game began...

All because of pride that led to the birth of sin.

To be a redeemed pawn... better than the alternative... play your part well.

Upvote 0

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
Satan has the power and the authority given to him at the moment of his creation. Since he can fall it shows me that he can use his power and authority independently from God. Just as God gives man the ability to grow and learn, then act in or out of the will of God, so too the angels act in or out of the will of God.

This however should not mean that Satan is a free-agent. He will always be under the authority of God who can strip away whatever He chooses. Satan also has limits placed on his ability to act. God can say this far and no further.(Job) In the end, there will be a life lesson on the scale of eternity. The wisdom of God will then be manifest to all. Until then...

Upvote 0

RVincent

Onions make me gassy.
Dec 16, 2003
Tempe, AZ
✟1,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
(Luke 10:18) And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

(Luke 10:19) Behold, I give unto YOU power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.​

We are not pawns, but generals.

I agree with the type of Job. His name means "hated" (i.e. persecuted).

But nowhere in the diatribe of Job's three friends was the truth of the presence of the adversary revealed. Cp. 38:2; 42:7. Their basic message was to blame Job for his problems, though he is called a "perfect and upright" man (1:1, 8; 2:3) who "did not sin with his lips" (2:10).

Upvote 0

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
RVincent said:
(Luke 10:18) And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

(Luke 10:19) Behold, I give unto YOU power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

We are not pawns, but generals.

I agree with the type of Job. His name means "hated" (i.e. persecuted).

But nowhere in the diatribe of Job's three friends was the truth of the presence of the adversary revealed. Cp. 38:2; 42:7. Their basic message was to blame Job for his problems, though he is called a "perfect and upright" man (1:1, 8; 2:3) who "did not sin with his lips" (2:10).
1. I would still characterize most of us as pawns. Yet the pawn, when outfitted with the full armour of God, can certainly tread over the enemies forces.

2. The writer of Job reveals that the battle taking place was initiated in the heavenly realms. The discussion that then ensues between Job and his friends is a wonderful example of people having a vast knowledge of God yet not the wisdom of God. In today's churches all of these positions are reflected by different groups of people.

Personally, I believe that one of the reasons God allows this testing of Job was to "correct" Job. A flaw in his character that waited untapped in his spirit until the testing was underway. That flaw is also held by many Christians. It is that they think if something bad happens to them or someone they know... God must give an account of why that was allowed to happen. That was Job's constant demand. After the young man speaks God does show up. "Where were you when I..." begins. At the end of God's speech Job humbles himself and prays for his friends. Notice, God never justified or explained to Job why he had to go through it all. Most likely at some later date Job was shown the challenge that started it all and then he(?) wrote the book.

Upvote 0

White Rabbit

God forgives, and I forgive.
May 25, 2004
✟8,387.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
ChristianMuse said:
I have wondered the same from time to time when I first became a Christian and started reading the word. God is! Satan is the black king. Jesus is the white king. There are certainly more pawns than kings but I think that all the pieces are there. It is a political game that started when Satan thought, desired, to be number one. And the game began...

All because of pride that led to the birth of sin.

To be a redeemed pawn... better than the alternative... play your part well.
In my opinion, Satan would be the white king as in the sense that white moves first in chess, and black (Jesus) sees the move of white and counters it with the Holy Spirit. Just something to think about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
armothe said:
Who exactly are we (humans) battling against? Satan? Is Satan responsible for 100% of the sins that are committed on this earth?

Rather I think we battle against ourselves and with God.

-A
Ephesians 6.12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

:)

Upvote 0

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
ChristianMuse said:
Ephesians 6.12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
You are correct. That is exactly who the first-century Christians were wrestling with.

-A

Upvote 0

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
armothe said:
Scripture please?

-A
The same scripture I quoted previously. The enemy hasn't changed. The scriptures have evidence enough that Satan and the system are working from the beginning and will continue to work till Jesus returns. More to the story after that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
ChristianMuse said:
The same scripture I quoted previously. The enemy hasn't changed. The scriptures have evidence enough that Satan and the system are working from the beginning and will continue to work till Jesus returns. More to the story after that.
Then I suppose we merely differ in our eschatology. Thanks!

-A

Upvote 0

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
vinsum said:
I am a scriptural novice so I won't try to use any here, but it seems common sense to me that God and satan are NOT equals. I can understand the concept of us being pawns, but God vs. satan is like Shaq vs. my 3yr old son Jayson.

I do not believe that anyone has stated or believes that God and Satan are equals. The chess battle, I believe, was referring to the NT view of scripture. How Satan is the enemy who is engaged in a struggle with God. Of course we know the outcome of the final battle. Satan, also knowing he is to be defeated, has no choice but to play the game to its conclusion. The question is, "are Christians the equivalent of the pawn in a chess game?" I reply that most are. That they become powerful when they wear the armour of God. Those who are ignorant of the Devil's devices are open to easy attack. The ignorant are the powerless pawns. The confines of the game of chess really cannot adequately portray the real struggle. Its use was for opening a general commentary.

Upvote 0

skatkat15

Jan 25, 2007
✟7,674.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
My version is simply this: God created Lucifer an angel of worship to worship God. Lucifer likes to look in the mirror too much and thinks he can take over. God kicks him out. Lucifer gets upset and jealous of us so he decides to make it his mission to bring us all down."Misery loves company" God creates man knowing that His dog is still off the leash "Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." Does this sound odd to anyone else but in the military world you want to kill your opponents not create them. I know God created lucifer with free will just like we have free will. And what does free will prove. It weeds out the people who truly love God and those who don't basically. Determines whether we are fit bride for our King. But that still doesn't negate the fact that God created the very serpent that tempted Eve in the garden which in turn brought sin into the world. Which is why God gave Jesus on the cross to make atonement for that sin.t seems that alot of people are gonna go to hell and suffer for eternity when God could had simply not created lucifer to worship Him. Especially when God is omnipresent. Considering He knew the ending before he even wrote the beginning. I dont know help me out if ya can, but don't get me wrong I love God without Him I wouldn't even be able to write these questions. I owe Him my life. His ways are far more complex than my little brain can comprehend. skatkat15@aol.com

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.