Humans can't or don't want to repent in hell?

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
purgatory
the doctrine's origins are far from man-made.

As far as I know dreamed up by the Catholic Church hundreds of years after the Bible was written.

So -- most all end up in purgatory and some stay longer but, in the end they all go to heaven -- ridiculous.

I wish it was so simple.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To me what never made sense was---in the OT...it was "eye for an eye" or "tooth for a tooth". whatever sin you committed, you had to pay for it with equal punishment. Now we are in the age of grace. Jesus died for our sins and we get to have eternal life even when we didn't earn or deserve it. We are to love our enemies. "Love covers a multitude of sins". The pendulum went from center to right. Yet if we die in sin, we are somehow deserving of an infinite torment for a temporary state of sin? Then the pendulum swings past center "eye for an eye" to eternal torment? How can the pendulum swing so far in the opposite direction? It makes no sense.

It is always "an eye for an eye", we will always be punished for what we have done wrong. The grace is there because all of us has done wrong and we can only be saved by the sacrifice of Jesus.

So if you don't accept the blood to save you, your whole body went to hell, and depend on how much you did in this world, you might enter heaven either "like after a fire" or with plenty of glory.

Upvote 0