Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 03:56 AM Arikay said this in Post #79

Both sides?

Dont you mean all three sides?

the three sides: creationists who believe, creationists who dont believe, and evolutionists who dont believe.

I think as you may or may not have seen (from the creationist and evolutionist) articles, that two of the three groups consider it case closed.

O, sorry, forgot about the third. And like I said before, neither side has shown me compelling evidence to convence me one way or the other. If Mr Kuban would not had been so bias in his ways of obtaining his info. I would have given it some thought. But if some one sneaks behind your back and has their own people test something to prove it's wrong, what would you think?

Upvote 0

LewisWildermuth

Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today at 12:40 AM ikester7579 said this in Post #75 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=662279#post662279)

Give me a break Lewis. If your a christian than tell me why you disagree with everything I say no matter what it is.

I don't dissagree with everything you say, just the things that I think are wrong.

You use sarcasm, demeaning words etc... towards me. :scratch: And like you might say to me: "That's not very chritian like".

Ever read Paul's letters from the Bible? He often used sarcasm to make a point.

And what's with that dinosaur in your avatar?

Umm... Because I've always thought dinosaurs were cool... What is with the dinosaur tracks now in your avatar?

Are you afraid to show that you do believe? Even Jesus said: Those who deny me before man I will deny them before the father.

When have I denied God in this thread? If denial does doom one to hell is Peter going to hell for denying Jesus three times?

And I have never seen you once defend God or his word anywhere on this forum!

You haven't been here that long, it has been a while since we've had anyone try to disprove God scientificaly.

I believe in God's word only! Period! And I am not ashamed or afraid to show it. :bow:

That's nice, but you see I believe in God only. Words, even God's words, can be twisted by man.

Upvote 0

ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 03:44 AM Arikay said this in Post #76

Cool, so when god talks to you, what does he sound like?

Very few believers will ever, here on earth, hear an audible word from God. The Holy Spirit does most of the talking. The Holy Spirit was left here when Jesus went back to Heaven to be with the father. Jesus knew we needed someone to guide us and to prompt us to do the right thing. Because as humans we are also tempted. It is a constant battle between good and evil thoughts. As we progress in our relationship with God these bad thoughts weaken. But they are still there, and a christain at a weak point in his or her life can still fall prey to it. And sometimes do the unthinkable. That is anything from a small sin to a big one. God looks at sin as sin. With him there are no big and small sins. This is so because anyone can make a mistake and do something he or she cannot take back. To judge one sin more than another would be unfair.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
So god doesnt speak to you?

does he write to you? What language does he write in?

Today at 01:23 AM ikester7579 said this in Post #84 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=662315#post662315)

Very few believers will ever, here on earth, hear an audible word from God. The Holy Spirit does most of the talking. The Holy Spirit was left here when Jesus went back to Heaven to be with the father. Jesus knew we needed someone to guide us and to prompt us to do the right thing. Because as humans we are also tempted. It is a constant battle between good and evil thoughts. As we progress in our relationship with God these bad thoughts weaken. But they are still there, and a christain at a weak point in his or her life can still fall prey to it. And sometimes do the unthinkable. That is anything from a small sin to a big one. God looks at sin as sin. With him there are no big and small sins. This is so because anyone can make a mistake and do something he or she cannot take back. To judge one sin more than another would be unfair.

Upvote 0

ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 04:23 AM Arikay said this in Post #83

Well, considering I dont think ive convinced you that the sky is blue because of scattering, Im not sure anything will convince you that they arent real foot prints.

The scattering seems far fetched that's all. I was taught by my science teacher in high school that it was the ozone layer that made the sky blue. It was written that way in the book also. And no I did not go to a christian school.

And about the foot prints. Because of this debate there are questions that need to be answered for myself. And because I cannot truthfully say that I believe any of the sides debated here leaves me with only one conclusion. Because of my faith in God, I will have to go and see for myself. If I disbelieve without going to see for myself and convence others, I will be held accountable for my action of spreading untruths if it is true. So to settle the matter in my mind and for it to be right with God, I have to go see it or stop talking about it.

Upvote 0

Cantuar

Forever England
Jul 15, 2002
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Agnostic
It seems to support creation:

Humans and Dinosaurs lived together up to 6000ish years ago.

The finding that dinosaurs lived alongside humans 6,000 years ago wouldn't invalidate evolution. To do that, you'd need convincing evidence that humans lived alongside dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

Upvote 0

Cantuar

Forever England
Jul 15, 2002
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Agnostic
They really out did themselves with Lucy. They put together bones from_different_sources to really come up with a "good" story. Then they make copies and sell_them to put on display. So everyone can have evidence of "evolution".

Wow. An accusation of scientific fraud, no less. You had better have some hard data to back that up. Don Johanson is on record as saying that the Lucy skeleton was found in one location. You're saying that he's telling lies in print?

Upvote 0

LewisWildermuth

Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Well the ozone itself isnt really the cause. (the ozone being O3 molecules. (as opposed to normal oxygen gas which is O2)). Its the atmosphere in general.

Its not too far fetched. What happens when light hits a prism? the prism creates a rainbow, scattering the light into bands, right? So what if you had a really really horible prism? It might only scatter blue. Thats what happens in the atmosphere. Light hits particles in the atmosphere, they act as a bad prism and scatter the blue light. Since the light bounces off of the atmosphere particles, it appears to our eye that blue light comes from the sky.

Seems a lot less far fetched than the idea that the light from the sun makes the oxygen become fluorecent and glow blue. the energy it takes to make oxygen fluorecent would probably end up cooking us if the sun was constantly projecting it. :) Just to point out, a neon sign uses fluorecence to glow.

Today at 01:35 AM ikester7579 said this in Post #86 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=662320#post662320)

The scattering seems far fetched that's all. I was taught by my science teacher in high school that it was the ozone layer that made the sky blue. It was written that way in the book also. And no I did not go to a christian school.

And about the foot prints. Because of this debate there are questions that need to be answered for myself. And because I cannot truthfully say that I believe any of the sides debated here leaves me with only one conclusion. Because of my faith in God, I will have to go and see for myself. If I disbelieve without going to see for myself and convence others, I will be held accountable for my action of spreading untruths if it is true. So to settle the matter in my mind and for it to be right with God, I have to go see it or stop talking about it.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Its not sarcasm, im just trying to lead you to the point that the bible was written by man. So its not trully gods word, only gods word written by man in a language most of us dont know how to read. So we are distanced from gods word by man and language.

Today at 01:37 AM ikester7579 said this in Post #87 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=662321#post662321)

why are you reverting to sarcasm? :(

Upvote 0

LewisWildermuth

Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, but the Mars pathfinder was with nice hi-rez colour cameras and the martian sky on a clear day is a very pale blue just look at the pictures.

It is only red at sunrise or sunset or durring dust storms, much like it is red on Earth at sunrise and set.

Upvote 0

ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 04:50 AM Arikay said this in Post #92

Its not sarcasm, im just trying to lead you to the point that the bible was written by man. So its not trully gods word, only gods word written by man in a language most of us dont know how to read. So we are distanced from gods word by man and language.

So now we change the subject to start another debate?

Just for the fun of your subject. If God spoke to you and told you what to write, would you write it different? A lot of what was written in the Bible was written by men who were told what to write. Other books like Mark, Luke and mathew etc. Were told from each person's prospective of what they saw and heard while being with Jesus. So the reader could get the all sides of the story. Their are reasons for the way the Bible was written. And to say that God who created everything, is to weak to keep his word true is hogwash. The KJV version is the only version that has been able to match the dead sea scrolls. The translation goes from hebrew to greek to english and it matches. So don't try to convence other wise. I can tell you unless you just like to argue it's a losing battle to argue this point with me. It's one of the oldest arguements there is. And you know from my posts that I strongly believe in God's word so why try to convence otherwise?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Very interesting.

LOL, nope, I would assume we could have two conversations at once. I do see though that you may have ignored my post that is partially on topic (blue sky, which then relates to CEMs credibility).

To post on the other other other other topic. Mars sky would also not be too blue, as its atmosphere is much thiner than ours.

Today at 02:06 AM ikester7579 said this in Post #95 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=662335#post662335)

So now we change the subject to start another debate?

Just for the fun of your subject. If God spoke to you and told you what to write, would you write it different? A lot of what was written in the Bible was written by men who were told what to write. Other books like Mark, Luke and mathew etc. Were told from each person's prospective of what they saw and heard while being with Jesus. So the reader could get the all sides of the story. Their are reasons for the way the Bible was written. And to say that God who created everything, is to weak to keep his word true is hogwash. The KJV version is the only version that has been able to match the dead sea scrolls. The translation goes from hebrew to greek to english and it matches. So don't try to convence other wise. I can tell you unless you just like to argue it's a losing battle to argue this point with me. It's one of the oldest arguements there is. And you know from my posts that I strongly believe in God's word so why try to convence otherwise?

Upvote 0

LewisWildermuth

Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On Mars, I should mention that clear days are pretty rare, the martian sky is usualy filled with a fine dust that like smog on earth tends to tint the sky a yellow colour.

Ikester, another problem with the fluorescing model is that we can see stars in the daytime if one is at the base of a large tube, like a chimney. If the Ozone was fluorescing this would be impossible. Also if the Ozone were fluorescing we could not get daytime pictures of the Earths surface from space because of the light that would be given off by the ozone.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Ikester,

Considering that you are concerned about bias in the response to this Poll, I would suggest that you request it to be closed considering you have changed the picture in your Avatar and it no longer represents the topic of this discussion and certainly does not match the description or events you list in the opening post (or what has already been voted on).

Although you certainly may not have meant to move the goalposts, in effect, that is what the change has done. I doubt anyone is going to suggest that the current footprints in your Avatar are carved. Th debate than changes to if they are human or not so much of the material in this thead fits, but these are NOT the same footprints that Carl Baugh uses as evidence in his museum and they are NOT the same as the footprint in you original picture. No examples of prints like your original picture can be found at the site.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
17th February 2003 at 09:58 AM JohnR7 said this in Post #18

That is not only not true, it would be impossible to prove all of them wrong. I am beginning to be a bit concerned about you seesaw, it is beginning to look like everything you say is in error.

The people who invented the Big Foot hoax confessed after the principal person died.  It was all over the news, John, about a month ago.  How did you miss it?  All the Bigfoot sightings are false; either primary hoaxes or people who fell victim to the placebo effect: saw what they thought was Bigfoot because they had been previously influenced by the hoax to see Bigfoot.

Upvote 0