Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have no knowledge of jealousy. For some reason I have never felt that emotion. Envy occurs quarterly, frustration weekly, but never jealousy. I have to be very careful however as I can't intuit when I am making my wife jealous. I will be at a fundraiser and the wife of the guy I'm talking to will join our conversation and the next thing I know...I'm in trouble...for just letting her join the conversation. It's not like she came over and sat in my lap either... but I'm in trouble.

As to arrogance, I have a five-volume work out on Amazon regarding arrogance. People tell me that I am the zenith of it...and I believe them.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,664,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no knowledge of jealousy. For some reason I have never felt that emotion. Envy occurs quarterly, frustration weekly, but never jealousy. I have to be very careful however as I can't intuit when I am making my wife jealous. I will be at a fundraiser and the wife of the guy I'm talking to will join our conversation and the next thing I know...I'm in trouble...for just letting her join the conversation. It's not like she came over and sat in my lap either... but I'm in trouble.

As to arrogance, I have a five-volume work out on Amazon regarding arrogance. People tell me that I am the zenith of it...and I believe them.
Lol! You crack me up. :D Anyway, I find myself at times to be an angry person. And if I’m honest, I see a lot of traits in myself that irritates the crud out of me when I see them in other people. I need to work on humility and patience. Lord have mercy! :eek:

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lol! You crack me up. :D Anyway, I find myself at times to be an angry person. And if I’m honest, I see a lot of traits in myself that irritates the crud out of me when I see them in other people. I need to work on humility and patience. Lord have mercy! :eek:
My patience for fools is ...on a scale from 1-100...

ahhhh -1,000,000.

I make Jesus' engagement with religious leaders look tame.

I don't suffer fools lightly.

That said I love conversations with people that don't share my views and are educated and can articulate why they believe and why their view is more likely true as opposed to my current belief.

That is why I abandoned long-held views on eschatology, God's sovereignty, Genesis 1-3, the nature of scripture, as well as my lifelong political views moving from Republican to Classic Liberalism which remains largely unrepresented at the Federal level.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,664,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My patience for fools is ...on a scale from 1-100...

ahhhh -1,000,000.

I make Jesus' engagement with religious leaders look tame.

I don't suffer fools lightly.

That said I love conversations with people that don't share my views and are educated and can articulate why they believe and why their view is more likely true as opposed to my current belief.

That is why I abandoned long-held views on eschatology, God's sovereignty, Genesis 1-3, the nature of scripture, as well as my lifelong political views moving from Republican to Classic Liberalism which remains largely unrepresented at the Federal level.
I tend to stay in my lane. Differences of opinion do not bother me. It’s when people start downgrading one another and obviously have a target on your back that bothers me. Life is too short. Mostly about faith based topics. I do now downgrade other’s faith or intelligence, age or whatever to feed a superiority complex. (Which seems to be the case from my observation). I like conversations, not necessarily debating contests. This is probably due to my overly dramatic and debate ridden childhood on everything. I just do not find it productive. But I’m the first to admit I am very defensive. It just gets to me when people are deliberately impolite.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I’ve been getting frustrated way too easily lately with people so Sunday’s Gospel reading and homily were perfectly timed for lent for me.

Matthew 5:38-48

Jesus said to his disciples:
“You have heard that it was said,
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil.
When someone strikes you on your right cheek,
turn the other one as well.
If anyone wants to go to law with you over your tunic,
hand over your cloak as well.
Should anyone press you into service for one mile,
go for two miles.
Give to the one who asks of you,
and do not turn your back on one who wants to borrow.

“You have heard that it was said,
You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.
But I say to you, love your enemies
and pray for those who persecute you,
that you may be children of your heavenly Father,
for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good,
and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust.
For if you love those who love you, what recompense will you have?
Do not the tax collectors do the same?
And if you greet your brothers only,
what is unusual about that?
Do not the pagans do the same?
So be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟756,418.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

We can't wait to hear what you have to say about it.

Just kidding.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums