Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The guy that doesn't know the difference in observational and historical science, is lecturing me on scientific meanings??? Yes, here we are.

Dividing science into "observational and historical" categories is a creationist invention. So yes I am lecturing you because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

And now that I know where you are getting all of your knowledge of science from, it makes perfect sense.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's just that it makes sense why you're making the remarks you are about how you think science works. You're cribbing from dubious sources.
Of course they're dubious to you... much of what you repeat is dubious to me, as I've shown many times.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The guy that doesn't know the difference in observational and historical science, is lecturing me on scientific meanings??? Yes, here we are.
The so-called difference between observational and historical science is a creationist fantasy. Anyone who is taken in by it really does need a lecture on scientific meanings.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Dividing science into "observational and historical" categories is a creationist invention. So yes I am lecturing you because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

And now that I know where you are getting all of your knowledge of science from, it makes perfect sense.
You're just firing shots in the dark, as always.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Of course they're dubious to you...

When you have organizations whose sole purpose is to cast down on findings in science that contradict their religious beliefs, yeah, they're dubious all right.

much of what you repeat is dubious to me, as I've shown many times.

Sure. But who cares?

You can reject as much science as you want, it really doesn't matter.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You're just firing shots in the dark, as always.

Oh, I've hit the nail squarely on the head here. That much is obvious.

I can easily Google up a bunch of AiG articles that present all the same arguments you're presenting here.

In fact, I'd even wager I know more about creationist arguments than you do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
Maybe you'd do better trying to interpret science books???
Right - I forgot that all Scripture is a straightforward read... unless it i snot, then it must be interpreted a certain way...

But yes, it is true that I can understand science books much better then you can - even creation science, it seems.

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
I would think God's foresight, and whether or not He chooses to act on it, is two different things. But look away!
So no rational answer, just some phony-baloney apologetics and equivocation.

Got it!

I mean - are you implying that Jehovah actually works out which mutations will sneak by His special error correction mechanisms?

Yet stands by mutely watching children starve or get mowed down in schools?

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
You didn't say under "situations". You said as a result of mutations.

The definition you have presented could include all life on Earth starting from a single common ancestor. Without realizing it, you've described the very evolution you reject.
He has also rendered the work of the creationist Baraminology Study Group moot - we are dealing with a super-scientist in a poor-spelling apologist disguise! Brilliant!

• Haha
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
And, every comment or idea I present has to be original, when you're continually regurgitating 150 years of evolutionary stuff.
Right...
You implied earlier that you have a science background - so do go into some detail as to why your agree with Georgia and Bodie's tall tales, I mean, science.
Use as much technical detail as you need to.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
No, we are probably as familiar with creationist sources as you are.

I'd say even moreso given that inquiring mind hasn't started regurgitating other arguments from AiG (e.g. loss of genetic information, etc).

I was kind of expecting that as a follow up the attempt at defining "kinds", but perhaps he hasn't gotten to those articles yet.

Reactions: SLP
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The so-called difference between observational and historical science is a creationist fantasy. Anyone who is taken in by it really does need a lecture on scientific meanings.
Then show me how you can test something macro-related (historical) without relying on micro-mechanisms (observational) to help with your explanation? You are only comparing something you know with something you have absolutely no clue about... the definition of silly.

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
Aren't mutations the result of situations..
Such science...
Mutations are usually the result of replication error - you know, Jehovah made those error correcting mechanisms to combat the imperfection of His Creation... which he then doomed us to suffer from.. mutation.... Somehow...
. and what difference does it make?
Right, exactly.

Just like how creationists have been misrepresenting "macroevolution" for decades. Ain't no thang.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Right...
You implied earlier that you have a science background - so do go into some detail as to why your agree with Georgia and Bodie's tall tales, I mean, science.
Use as much technical detail as you need to.
But not enough that you can't understand, right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
Then show me how you can test something macro-related (historical) without relying on micro-mechanisms (observational) to help with your explanation? You are only comparing something you know with something you have absolutely no clue about... the definition of silly.
I sense a great deal of projection in you.

Have you ignored my refutation of the creationist dishonesty/ignorance re: macroevolution?

From a reliable source, we see that 'macroevolution' is:

"One of the most important tenets of the theory forged during the Evolutionary Synthesis of the 1930s and 1940s was that "macroevolutionary" differences among organisms - those that distinguish higher taxa - arise from the accumulation of the same kinds of genetic differences that are found within species."
- "Evolutionary Biology, 3rd Ed." 1998, p. 477. D. Futuyma.

That is, macroevolution is produced via multiple rounds of speciation. Or put another way, macroevolution is a pattern created by multiple rounds of speciation.
Macroevolution is NOT 'an event' that needs to be 're-created.' It is an observed pattern.​

How do Georgia and Bodie test for macro-creationary events?

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
That puts me back at being more scientifically knowledgable doesn't it?

Knowledgeable is not the same as acceptance. I know a lot about creationism, but I reject it on the basis of knowledge of how science really works (and consequently why creationism doesn't).

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
All science is about examining and evaluating evidence. It's the same whether the evidence was produced in an experiment last week or in a volcanic eruption 500 years ago. If the physical laws are known not to have changed, what makes the one observational science and not the other?

Upvote 0