Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are falsely accusing me now. Did you read the link I posted? I mentioned that Time did report on some scientists who thought the Earth was coming and that an ice age was a possibility. I did not make a claim that anything you are saying is refuting. I understand pride and haste but you should not bear false witness.

OK, sorry. Where did you mention that Time did report some scientists who thought the Earth was coming and that an ice age was a possibility?

I missed that.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
OK, sorry. Where did you mention that Time did report some scientists who thought the Earth was coming and that an ice age was a possibility?

I missed that.

It was in the article I linked to. That kinda indicates that I'm not interested in "perpetuating hoaxes" as you stated. I rather like the unemotional truth.

I don't know what is causing climate change or if man-caused global warming is a real problem. I do know that I know some brilliant men of science who believe it is, so I lean that way. Also, being both a conservative and a conservationist, I believe that in times of uncertainty the prudent path is the safe path. Polluting less might or might not save our great-great-great Grandkids, and we have little to lose by profits. Sign me up.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Keeping all your eggs in God's basket?

God wants you to do more than "trust in Him." He wants you to partner with Him.

If trusting in God and living like there's no tomorrow is all that's needed, smokers would never die of lung cancer.

Don't trust God and play chicken with him at the same time.
Amen.

We need to remember we are called to be good stewards. Global warming or not.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Amen.

We need to remember we are called to be good stewards. Global warming or not.

Exactly, Michie. If I am doing something and there is a chance it could hurt someone else, I stop. I wouldn't decide to believe that it is not causing pain and keep doing it. I would do the safe thing and stop.

In my view, this whole thing shows how deeply the secular right wing message machine has crept into the psyche of the religious right. There is virtually no reason I can think of to assume that 98 of every 100 scientific studies are wrong on this. The only benefit to denying climate change is to proliferate the things that cause it, namely, oil. Somehow, at least on this forum, we who choose to believe the massive evidence and do something to protect the planet are evil left wing fools intent on upsetting the apple cart.

In my more cynical times I have been known to say that once the right co-opted Jesus they got cart blanche to commit whatever sins they need to in order to protect the rich. Things like this make me think thats not as crazy as it sounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0