Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's not. Your view on the gun-worshiping event being held on the day commemorating the Gun killing of a Christian Black Pacifist Leader who fought for the rights of minorities is racist. Don't equate that with "freedom" because it's completely different. That's just dumb racist doubletalk on your part.

That's not what the day commemorates:

"Martin Luther King Day is a federal holiday held on the third Monday of January. It celebrates the life and achievements of Martin Luther King Jr., an influential American civil rights leader."
Martin Luther King Jr. Day in the United States

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You have several Christians here who are disturbed by the appearance of racism in this practice of taking a day to commemorate a Christian Black American leader (who led a non-violent movement for the rights of the oppressed) and using that particular, specific day as their day to glorify and celebrate killing weapons, in fact the one type of weapon used to kill the man that the holiday is actually for.

You don't understand how this is an appearance of evil and how these brethren in Christ are bothered by it so other Christians shouldn't do it? If you don't, I can't help you because you lack either reason or discernment, if not both.
Well, I asked for an explanation, and you gave rhetoric. If your view is correct, then you can’t eat meat, vegetables, grains, drive cars, go to movies, rent movies, etc. You will always find some “weak” brother who would find some of those things sinful.

I think I will stick with the intent Paul had.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, it’s not.
It is MUCH easier to kill with a gun than via other available options.’

There is no rational argument for an armed citizenry. As a comedian has observed, the real argument for guns is “@&$! off, I like ‘em!”.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, it’s not.

But I’ll grant that in a moment of rage, someone might not die from a beating. But that still comes down to the problem being the person, not the weapon.
You have not engaged my fairly carefully articulated argument. Where, specifically, does it fail?

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Buying worthless junk that you never use is the first step to being broke and in debt. I'd imagine you carry tons of debt and can't get out. You should purge things that have no use and recoup whatever you can, cutting your losses. What a tremendous waste of money. Too many Americans are completely inept at managing their personal finances.

You presume a great deal about my personal financial responsibility, but you know nothing about it.

Not to brag, but your credit rating is no higher than mine. I can say that without presumption because mine has been over 830 for years, often hitting the maximum of 850.

But you won't believe that, and I don't care. The important thing is, it's true.

"Worthless junk"? Do you buy insurance? Do you crash your car or burn your house to "use" it?
That's what a personal-defense gun is: insurance, hopefully never needed.

I hear so much bitterness and hatred (or maybe anger) in your posts.
You really need to take that up with God; it's bad for your health.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you want to live under a dictatorship, have at it. We are guaranteed certain rights in this country.
Don’t be absurd. Do you really believe that governments in Canada, Australia, France, UK, Netherlands, etc. are going to turn on their citizens? These nations have basically gun free for decades. And nary a dictator among them.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Police overwhelmingly support the 2nd Amendment? LOL - try telling that to a NYPD or Jersey City officer. They're the ones who get shot by gun-carrying citizens.

Since you clearly know nothing about the real South, I'll enlighten you:

Cops at the rally were on the side of the (peaceful) gun owners.
That's no surprise here; they usually are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don’t be absurd. Do you really believe that governments in Canada, Australia, France, UK, Netherlands, etc. are going to turn on their citizens? These nations have basically gun free for decades. And nary a dictator among them.

Wait awhile...
It will happen. It always does.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Still waiting for some wisdom from you.

Ecclesiastes 10:14-15
14A fool also multiplies words.
No man knows what is to be;

Who can tell him -what will be after him?
15 The labor of fools wearies them,
For they do not even know how to go to the city!

Seems like the wisdom of Solomon knew about these fools who multiply their own words" In short a lot of words of their false opinions to somehow make their argments about their guns and why they think they need them in abundance.

15 Speaks of this labor of fools that do not even know how go to the city---in this case the city of Richmond for this gun rally, without brandishing the high -powered weaponry.

The question is "does one want to be known as a fool --espeically to Christ OR use wisdom from God to understand what those two verse are saying?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wait awhile...
It will happen. It always does.
It seems odd to me that you consider this a valid point.

The basic claim from the gun crowd is "guns protect against tyranny".

And yet the facts show that, over many decades, a whole slew of advanced nations have enjoyed complete freedom from tyranny without an armed populace.

You response: "Wait a while...it will happen, it always does".

We have "waited" decades. When, pray tell, do you expect this to happen? And, if it always does, perhaps you can list all these cases for us.

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟39,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

Interesting fact, I did a report on Australia when I was in school on when they did the gun ban. Crime rose astronomically in a lot of areas.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting fact, I did a report on Australia when I was in school on when they did the gun ban. Crime rose astronomically in a lot of areas.
From Politifact:

To summarize our findings, Australia instituted a buyback program in the late 1990s after passing stricter gun legislation, which resulted in more than 640,000 firearms being turned into the government. Meanwhile, the rates of violent crimes did not and have not dramatically increased, as the post suggests.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟39,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟39,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
From Politifact:

To summarize our findings, Australia instituted a buyback program in the late 1990s after passing stricter gun legislation, which resulted in more than 640,000 firearms being turned into the government. Meanwhile, the rates of violent crimes did not and have not dramatically increased, as the post suggests.

From my article: As another simple graph shows, robbery spiked after the 1996 gun ban in Australia. And, although it has decreased from its peak in 2001, it is still at a higher level than before the ban!

Data is provided I believe.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From my article: As another simple graph shows, robbery spiked after the 1996 gun ban in Australia. And, although it has decreased from its peak in 2001, it is still at a higher level than before the ban!

Data is provided I believe.
Please provide your source.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.