✟17,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
HUG ME PLEASE
“And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”

Matthew 25: 40
King James Version

If we would listen with our hearts to the words that Jesus is saying in this verse, we would hear Him crying from the depths of His heart for us to hug Him. He is not here in person for us to hug but we can hug Him by our words and actions to one another. My heart is very sad because I don’t think He got many hugs when He was here on earth. I’m sure Mary and Joseph and His relatives hugged Him when He was a baby but when He grew older I don’t think He received many hugs. I wonder if His disciples hugged Him every day and told Him how wonderful He was and how much they appreciated Him. Probably not, just like we don’t hug Him every day and tell Him how much we appreciate Him.

How His heart must hurt when He sees the way we treat each other! Sometimes He hears us telling people that we forgive them but He knows that we haven’t really forgiven them. We forgave them verbally but we didn’t forgive them from our hearts. I think that He feels our pain and hurt when we desperately need a hug and nobody gives us one. He understands when someone hurts us, we need somebody to hug us and reassure us that He loves us.

Years ago when I would get sick, I would call my Mother and tell her. I knew exactly what she was going to say because she said the same thing every time “You may not look the same but you’ll live”. She didn’t even say it with compassion and warmth but she was my Mother and I needed to hear her say it because to me it felt like a hug. When I fell in the shower Sunday I wanted so badly to call Mom and tell her that I was hurting, but she has gone home to be with Jesus. Sometimes I miss her so much it is like a physical pain and I literally get nauseous. If your Mother is still alive, I urge you, I beg you, please hug her today and tell her how much you love her and appreciate her. She needs you to hug her as much as you need her to hug you. Don’t put it off until tomorrow because she may not have tomorrow or you may not have tomorrow.

Are you hugging Jesus by your words and actions to your family, loved ones and friends? Does Jesus know that you love Him? He knows everything and He does know if you love Him or not but He wants you to tell Him you love Him. He wants you to hug Him. Did His heart break yesterday because you didn’t hug someone with your words and actions?

Joanne Lowe
February 27, 2007
joannelowe8@cox.net
http://www.heavenwardbound.com/