1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Hubby wants to blind bid on a house

Discussion in 'Married Couples' started by HappyHope, Jul 9, 2021.

1. HappyHope

HappyHope Well-Known Member

+517
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My hubby wants us to blind bid on a house on the other side of the country. Since he eloped with me after only knowing me <4 months, (16 years ago), this is something he would do, lol. My nerves right now:
    Screenshot_20210709-063633.png Screenshot_20210709-063700.png Screenshot_20210709-063545.png

Attached Files:

2. tampasteve

tampasteve Free State of Florida Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+6,444
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Constitution
    So long as he can get out of the contract after an inspection is done there is not really any issue other than the potential loss from the cost of the inspection. Here in FL you can get out of basically any real estate contract so long as you have the inspection clause, which is default and usually one has 10-15 days for inspections. But I would never buy a home without an inspection clause, unless it is purely to tear down the building and use the land.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. mina

mina Brown Eyed girl

+3,750
    Christian
    Married
    Yikes! I would be nervous too! Get an inspection done first and foremost and make decisions from there. One of my friends was selling a house in Georgia, and a lady blind bought it from Alaska. It was a nice house and in great condition, so it could turn out alright.

4. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+9,879
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    these people did:

The Family That Buys Together Stays Together

"Still, there was urgency to the purchase: Sensing other bidders, the Craftses made an offer, sight unseen, after their first video tour in February; they closed in May."

5. HappyHope

+517
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You are right. I take comfort in this. We are getting an inspection for sure plus we have a VA appraiser. They tend to be stricter inspectors I understand.

6. Toro

Toro Oh, Hello!

+12,192
    Christian
    Married
    How do you bid at a blind auction?

Do they hand out braille paddles?

How do they know that the bump isn't a spit ball thrown by a not so nice peoples?

Now I wonder... are silent auctions made strictly for the deaf/mute?

My mind is blown today.

7. tampasteve

tampasteve Free State of Florida Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+6,444
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I am pretty sure this is a joke....but the OP said "blind bid", not blind or silent auction. It's a normal bidding real estate transaction, so it seems, not an auction. :)

8. HappyHope

+517
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Correct