✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New International Version
The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

New Living Translation
In that day the wolf and the lamb will live together; the leopard will lie down with the baby goat. The calf and the yearling will be safe with the lion, and a little child will lead them all.

English Standard Version
The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them.

New American Standard Bible
And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the young goat, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little boy will lead them.

King James Bible
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
The wolf will live with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the goat. The calf, the young lion, and the fatling will be together, and a child will lead them.

International Standard Version
"The wolf will live with the lamb; the leopard will lie down with the young goat. The calf and the lion will graze together, and a little child will lead them.

NET Bible
A wolf will reside with a lamb, and a leopard will lie down with a young goat; an ox and a young lion will graze together, as a small child leads them along.

New Heart English Bible
The wolf will live with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat; The calf and the young lion will graze together; and a little child will lead them.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Wolves will live with lambs. Leopards will lie down with goats. Calves, young lions, and year-old lambs will be together, and little children will lead them.

JPS Tanakh 1917
And the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, And the leopard shall lie down with the kid; And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little child shall lead them.

New American Standard 1977
And the wolf will dwell with the lamb,
And the leopard will lie down with the kid,
And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little boy will lead them.

Jubilee Bible 2000
The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a child shall shepherd them.

King James 2000 Bible
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

American King James Version
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatted calf together; and a little child shall lead them.

American Standard Version
And the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Douay-Rheims Bible
The wolf shall dwell with the lamb: and the leopard shall lie down with the kid: the calf and the lion, and the sheep shall abide together, and a little child shall lead them.

Darby Bible Translation
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the calf and the young lion and the fatted beast together, and a little child shall lead them.

English Revised Version
And the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
The wolf will live with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat; The calf, the young lion, and the fattened calf together; and a little child will lead them.

Young's Literal Translation
And a wolf hath sojourned with a lamb, And a leopard with a kid doth lie down, And calf, and young lion, and fatling are together, And a little youth is leader over them.
Study Bible

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems it always said 'wolf' and that people simply often say 'lion and lamb'? I don't think that God would let the Bible become changed by negative energies?

Question: "How should we understand the Lion and the Lamb passage?"

Answer:
Typically, when someone is thinking of the “lion and the lamb,” Isaiah 11:6 is in mind due to it often being misquoted, “And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together.” The true “Lion and the Lamb” passage is Revelation 5:5–6. The Lion and the Lamb both refer to Jesus Christ. He is both the conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah and the Lamb who was slain. The Lion and the Lamb are descriptions of two aspects of the nature of Christ. As the Lion of Judah, He fulfills the prophecy of Genesis 49:9 and is the Messiah who would come from the tribe of Judah. As the Lamb of God, He is the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for sin.

How should we understand the Lion and the Lamb passage?

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The KJV says the Leopard, Kid ( immature goat ), calf and young lion shall lie down together...

Isaiah 11: KJV
6 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. {7} And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox."

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET ARE SAYING THE BIBLES ARE BEING SUPERNATURALLY CHANGEd? IS THIS TRUE?

The Lion is Jesus, as is the Lamb. Those images from Revelation are
matched with the Isiah passage those it's not a great match with that.

If-its-on.jpg

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Both the Hebrew scriptures and the Greek Septuagint have wolf in that passage. Here's a list of the verse in dozens of English translations, and every one uses wolf. The use of lion and lamb together seems to have been a popular colloquialism, probably because of its poetic alliteration. IAC, it doesn't really change the meaning of the passage.

There have been some Bible changes in recent years, most of them due to most new translations moving to an eclectic rendering of the text. Most of the changes, IME, aren't too important, but if you want the more traditional, go with the KJV, the NKJV, or some other Textus Receptus-based version.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A few months ago when I read Matthew 17:21 (I use the NIV) in my Bible it said "But this kind does not go out except by prayer". I was 100% sure I had previously read it several times as prayer and fasting but this time the sentence ended with prayer. So I told my daughter about it and by evening I showed that verse to my husband and guess what. That whole verse (Matt 17:21) disappeared from the NIV! Yeah, you might think I'm nuts. Thats what I taught of those who used to talk about the mandela effect and I very vehemently opposed them until I had this experience. so unless you have the experience yourself you won't believe that the verses are changing here and there.

Also some time back I saw this video where someone posted a video showing the proof of a previous video posted by someone else revealing that it is in reality the Lion and the Lamb and not the wolf and the lamb. I searched for that video to post here but I could not find it. Instead I found another video which I will post here.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status