Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Got everything done so you can take some quiet time to prepare spiritually? My mom
And step dad have been sick and he has his first surgery Thursday. Plus doing my mother in laws matenience meds, etc., so it's been tight here. Going to try to read the Book of Matthew tonight.

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Got everything done so you can take some quiet time to prepare spiritually? My mom
And step dad have been sick and he has his first surgery Thursday. Plus doing my mother in laws matenience meds, etc., so it's been tight here. Going to try to read the Book of Matthew tonight.
Praying for your family Michie! I hope that things improve for you all soon!

My Advent has been kind of rough too. I've been struggling a lot mentally and I just haven't felt the joy or motivation I usually do. But I have read a Christian Christmas book and a book of Christmas devotionals and have continued reading the Bible most days.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praying for your family Michie! I hope that things improve for you all soon!

My Advent has been kind of rough too. I've been struggling a lot mentally and I just haven't felt the joy or motivation I usually do. But I have read a Christian Christmas book and a book of Christmas devotionals and have continued reading the Bible most days.
Prayers for you too. Sometimes I feel the things we are encouraged to do by the Church for Advent and Christmas can feel unrealistic. Can you imagine putting your tree up on Christmas Eve?! :eek:

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's been going well. My daughter has been working on some Catholic scouting projects. She has been learning about Our Lady of Lourdes and other apparitions. I bought a book of Advent reflections by Deacon Greg Kandra.

My in-laws gave me some money early to choose my own gift and I bought the TAN books Manual For Men with the pastoral letter from Bishop Olmstead and many other things. It has been a great Advent aid.

Mainly I have been finding as much quiet as one can with little ones to pray on the final steps to join the permanent Diacanoiate. My wife and I have agreed it should happen, we are just praying on when is best for the whole family.

Teaching CCD has been great. My students ask great questions and have been vocally thankful that they get answers.

My son is also having fun in Scouts and we were given a Paul VI medal this year, a National Catholic Quality Unit Award.

He is five so...five is five. Each morning he runs to his mother and tells her she is beautiful. So...I have no complaints at the moment.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had no idea you were on your way to the permanant diaconate! Please keep us updated!
It's been going well. My daughter has been working on some Catholic scouting projects. She has been learning about Our Lady of Lourdes and other apparitions. I bought a book of Advent reflections by Deacon Greg Kandra.

My in-laws gave me some money early to choose my own gift and I bought the TAN books Manual For Men with the pastoral letter from Bishop Olmstead and many other things. It has been a great Advent aid.

Mainly I have been finding as much quiet as one can with little ones to pray on the final steps to join the permanent Diacanoiate. My wife and I have agreed it should happen, we are just praying on when is best for the whole family.

Teaching CCD has been great. My students ask great questions and have been vocally thankful that they get answers.

My son is also having fun in Scouts and we were given a Paul VI medal this year, a National Catholic Quality Unit Award.

He is five so...five is five. Each morning he runs to his mother and tells her she is beautiful. So...I have no complaints at the moment.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Prayers for you too. Sometimes I feel the things we are encouraged to do by the Church for Advent and Christmas can feel unrealistic. Can you imagine putting your tree up on Christmas Eve?! :eek:
Thank you. :) Yeah, I agree. I always thought Christmas Eve was too late! I like to see the pretty tree for a while before Christmas! :christmastree:

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I had no idea you were on your way to the permanant diaconate! Please keep us updated!

It's been on our minds for some time. I started inquiring last year offically. But thinking for a few. Right now it is just discerning when would be best to be a formal aspirant. Just determining Gods will for when to start. It's really a family vocation in a way. My wife agrees, which is good because she has to give permission. This is because the marriage bond is so sacred that we must both assent each year of the process. The call is a joint one because we are one. The way the theology on marriage is Central to the formation process is deeply beautiful. So we have spent two years deciding if our family is called to this.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I've been sick a lot, but still enjoying the Christmas season. Watching EWTN, went to confession and continuing to go to Mass 3x a week.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is so exciting David! Our last deacon, Deacon Juan, was a good friend of mine. I really admired him. He told me a lot about the discernment process and the roles of him and his wife through the process. I thought it was fascinating. Just what I know of you from here, I think you and your wife would be perfectly suited for it. The kids, well they are just naturals! I'm excited for all of you in your journey. God bless you! :)
It's been on our minds for some time. I started inquiring last year offically. But thinking for a few. Right now it is just discerning when would be best to be a formal aspirant. Just determining Gods will for when to start. It's really a family vocation in a way. My wife agrees, which is good because she has to give permission. This is because the marriage bond is so sacred that we must both assent each year of the process. The call is a joint one because we are one. The way the theology on marriage is Central to the formation process is deeply beautiful. So we have spent two years deciding if our family is called to this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If there is anytime we need the extra light! It's now! I cannot wait to get the tree up after Thanksgiving. :)
Thank you. :) Yeah, I agree. I always thought Christmas Eve was too late! I like to see the pretty tree for a while before Christmas! :christmastree:

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been sick a lot, but still enjoying the Christmas season. Watching EWTN, went to confession and continuing to go to Mass 3x a week.
So sorry to hear you are still struggling with illness Crystal. I'm glad the season is bringing you some joy and you are still faithfully attending Mass. Continued prayers for you and your family.

• Agree
Upvote 0