Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You guys are WAY too sweet. Thank you for your kindness in keeping me in your thoughts, but I'm pleased to inform you we didn't even feel the tiniest rumbling in our town. I live about 3 hours from San Francisco. I live in the Central Valley of California. We only found out about the earthquake on the news like the rest of the country. I'm ok! :)

Thanks, all!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, Dot. Honestly, the DROUGHT is what is destroying my state. It is affecting us all in many ways we didn't consider. For one thing, lawns are dying everywhere. Cars are filthy from not being washed, driveways dusty, and the air quality is HORRENDOUS! I have seasonal allergies. I get allergies when they shake the walnut trees every October-November, but this year, for the first time in my 39 years of life, I got sick in the summer time with a super bad sinus infection! And it turned out that I got it from allergies! Summer allergies? Since when!? Never in my life have I had summer allergies in the least. Now that the fields are dry and the drought is severe, doctors are reporting hundreds and hundreds of new allergy problems with patients who never had them prior. Even two out of my three cats breathe with a raspy Darth Vader sound like they have asthma!

The air is just nasty. It's truly awful. When I turn on a movie and see rain, I just YEARN for it! It drizzled here a month ago for like one hour and we all were just full of glee! Pitiful!

Agriculturally, health-wise, economically, and logistically if this drought continues (and they say it will possibly for several more years!!!), I can see us in a state of emergency. Our ground water levels are drastically low. Well-drilling is a huge enterprise here now with these out-of-town drillers coming in. It's nuts! People are very depressed about it, and it seems like a constant thing to see in the paper or on the news a farmer who is like fourth generation farmer ripping his trees out and selling his land away giving up. There is one town in the Valley that had NO WATER! It's a scary prospect.

I hope that people don't forget us and pray for rain. Lord have mercy on us. California politicians are complete morons. They continue to allow bottled water companies to drain our state water supplies and ship the water out of state, no $$$ put into desalination, no $$$ put into saving water for years, and all the priority is to the big cities and the farmers and agricultural parts of California are forgotten.

Pray for us!:crosseo:

Glad you and your family are ok, gurney. :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, Dot. Honestly, the DROUGHT is what is destroying my state. It is affecting us all in many ways we didn't consider. For one thing, lawns are dying everywhere. Cars are filthy from not being washed, driveways dusty, and the air quality is HORRENDOUS! I have seasonal allergies. I get allergies when they shake the walnut trees every October-November, but this year, for the first time in my 39 years of life, I got sick in the summer time with a super bad sinus infection! And it turned out that I got it from allergies! Summer allergies? Since when!? Never in my life have I had summer allergies in the least. Now that the fields are dry and the drought is severe, doctors are reporting hundreds and hundreds of new allergy problems with patients who never had them prior. Even two out of my three cats breathe with a raspy Darth Vader sound like they have asthma!

The air is just nasty. It's truly awful. When I turn on a movie and see rain, I just YEARN for it! It drizzled here a month ago for like one hour and we all were just full of glee! Pitiful!

Agriculturally, health-wise, economically, and logistically if this drought continues (and they say it will possibly for several more years!!!), I can see us in a state of emergency. Our ground water levels are drastically low. Well-drilling is a huge enterprise here now with these out-of-town drillers coming in. It's nuts! People are very depressed about it, and it seems like a constant thing to see in the paper or on the news a farmer who is like fourth generation farmer ripping his trees out and selling his land away giving up. There is one town in the Valley that had NO WATER! It's a scary prospect.

I hope that people don't forget us and pray for rain. Lord have mercy on us. California politicians are complete morons. They continue to allow bottled water companies to drain our state water supplies and ship the water out of state, no $$$ put into desalination, no $$$ put into saving water for years, and all the priority is to the big cities and the farmers and agricultural parts of California are forgotten.

Praying for rain and relief from the drought. Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
2 Chronicles 6 New King James Version (NKJV)

26 “When the heavens are shut up and there is no rain because they have sinned against You, when they pray toward this place and confess Your name, and turn from their sin because You afflict them, 27 then hear inheaven, and forgive the sin of Your servants, Your people Israel, that You may teach them the good way in which they should walk; and send rain on Your land which You have given to Your people as an inheritance.
28 “When there is famine in the land, pestilence or blight or mildew, locusts or grasshoppers; when their enemies besiege them in the land of their cities; whatever plague or whatever sickness there is; 29 whatever prayer, whatever supplication is made by anyone, or by all Your people Israel, when each one knows his own burden and his own grief, and spreads out his hands to this temple: 30 then hear from heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of the sons of men), 31 that they may fear You, to walk in Your ways as long as they live in the land which You gave to our fathers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yes, I've heard about the horrible drought there. I've got you and other friends that live in CA. :( I have been praying and will continue to pray God sends rain to your state!

Upvote 0

Joseph Hazen

The Religious Loudmouth
May 2, 2011
The Silent Planet
✟17,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's not just California that's going to be affected by the drought, either. I just moved from California to New York and a LOT of the produce we buy here says "Grown in CA." Food prices are going to go up and we'll be relying on a lot more imported produce (which has a host of problems economically, environmentally, and for our health).

California really needs rain. Lord, have mercy!

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
@Lukaris, I find quoting such verses to be very unhelpful, as there are many places in the world where sin abounds, yet the rain falls, the fields are fertile, and people live in prosperity.

I'm sorry I did not mean to use it in a strict sense re sin but to just pray for rain.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0