Fruitland
✟16,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a first for an old country boy - joining an online Christian forum. I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. Not sure my two cents is worth much. In walking with my God and Savior Jesus Christ going on 47 years, He has provided the opportunity for ministry in a number of areas over the years, which may have relevance for some, especially the younger folks.

As Psalm 90:10 takes on a more immediate personal application, the Lord has challenged me to finish the race strong, rather than just coasting across the line.

To that end, the burden placed on my heart some years back is stronger than ever - reaching the lost for Christ in our rural neck of the woods here in northeast Washington state. The three local churches sure aren’t doing anything about it. Not an easy task, considering knocking on doors uninvited may result in your staring down the business end of a double barrel or hightailing it from an ornery dog.

Then there are the born-again believers, who have chosen not to darken the doors of the dead or dying churches in our area. If you were to round up all these believers in one place you’d have a mega church.

As you might guess, country folks are a proud lot and tend to keep to themselves. Unfortunately, many believers fall into the same category and I was one of them for a while. But the conviction of the Holy Spirit forced me to rethink.

You see, there are many needs in the area going unmet. It all boils down to the failure of the churches and true born-again Christ followers stepping out in faith, despite push back from those who don’t want to see any Christ-centered community outreach.

Things like a youth center, a bible study at the senior center/library, a farmers market, a resource center for those seeking recovery from addiction – these are some of the ideas presented a few years back at the local grange hall by myself and a friend. We were met with ridicule and opposition best described as a work of the enemy.

Worse, the opposition was local pastors and other professing Christians, a couple of whom I had counted as friends. “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph 6:12.

I have determined to once again reach out within the community, having deemed myself sufficiently recovered from the last go round. This time I only seek like-minded Christians interested in a house church for starters. We’ll see how the Lord leads on this. There are house churches in northeast Washington, but none in this area of Stevens County. Maybe this would be of some interest to brothers and sisters in the area?

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
This is a first for an old country boy - joining an online Christian forum. I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. Not sure my two cents is worth much. In walking with my God and Savior Jesus Christ going on 47 years, He has provided the opportunity for ministry in a number of areas over the years, which may have relevance for some, especially the younger folks.

As Psalm 90:10 takes on a more immediate personal application, the Lord has challenged me to finish the race strong, rather than just coasting across the line.

To that end, the burden placed on my heart some years back is stronger than ever - reaching the lost for Christ in our rural neck of the woods here in northeast Washington state. The three local churches sure aren’t doing anything about it. Not an easy task, considering knocking on doors uninvited may result in your staring down the business end of a double barrel or hightailing it from an ornery dog.

Then there are the born-again believers, who have chosen not to darken the doors of the dead or dying churches in our area. If you were to round up all these believers in one place you’d have a mega church.

As you might guess, country folks are a proud lot and tend to keep to themselves. Unfortunately, many believers fall into the same category and I was one of them for a while. But the conviction of the Holy Spirit forced me to rethink.

You see, there are many needs in the area going unmet. It all boils down to the failure of the churches and true born-again Christ followers stepping out in faith, despite push back from those who don’t want to see any Christ-centered community outreach.

Things like a youth center, a bible study at the senior center/library, a farmers market, a resource center for those seeking recovery from addiction – these are some of the ideas presented a few years back at the local grange hall by myself and a friend. We were met with ridicule and opposition best described as a work of the enemy.

Worse, the opposition was local pastors and other professing Christians, a couple of whom I had counted as friends. “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph 6:12.

I have determined to once again reach out within the community, having deemed myself sufficiently recovered from the last go round. This time I only seek like-minded Christians interested in a house church for starters. We’ll see how the Lord leads on this. There are house churches in northeast Washington, but none in this area of Stevens County. Maybe this would be of some interest to brothers and sisters in the area?

Hey hey welcome saint. :) Thank you for your story, reading it really warms the heart. Wish i was in stevens county :)

God bless you and your family through our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

As this seems like you are moved by the Spirit to do, maybe instead of "asking for permission" by those who would hinder the gospel and the workings of the Spirit, just do what you are being called to do. Start the center. Start your church. Be the voice in the wilderness, the light in darkness. Tap into online resources if you have to for support. Certainly the faithful can and will support you. You mentioned you already have a friend to support you. Do more than just being a hearer of the word, be a doer of it. Where two or more are gathered in his name, there he is among you. That's the definition of a church.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Hello Brother Jim, welcome to CF :).

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hi
You are a true believer and it's good to see your posting.
I live in the UK otherwise i would love to have met with you and helped in your work.

A housegroup as we call them here is great. I belong to one. We meet weekly and it is essential to me. To discuss and pray together. Just start one and see what happens . you will make good friends and learn so much as you pray together.

Upvote 0