Howard Storm Ph. D. near death experience.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I read his book years ago.

He's a retired pastor in the United Church of Christ. He seems to be a sincere person and doesn't seem to have ulterior motives for sharing his story.

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am at the 35 minute mark of this video and I am certainly planning on watching all of it..... I read his boook "My Descent Into Death" several years ago.

This is a fantastic evangelism tool......
I personally believed so firmly in the Soul Sleep Theory
until reading about near death experiences like this.

Does his description of a hell......
fit with what you were taught?

I had not been taught about hell when I was young.......
I had been taught that I would have no thoughts until the
resurrection.

This topic may be of interest to you:

https://forum.evangelicaluniversali...eir-evidential-value-for-apologetics/13250/40

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I had one of these nde/dreams I posted it here like 10 years ago or so in the Dreams and vision part of the web site if that still exists. I found a copy:

i posted this on another website and came across it looking for something else. Thought I would share.

This all happened before I was saved. I use to stop breathing while I slept, and I remember one time I was a sleep, but realized I was fairly lucid, but at the same time I could not wake because I had stopped breathing, I remember trying to wake myself, but couldn't. Then I realized I was no longer in my room but at my judgment. I saw a being and immediately fell flat on the ground before Him and he told me not to be afraid and to rise and follow him. I did, to a small line of people.(not a long line maybe 10) I saw Jesus welcoming people by name, and again I fell flat on the ground, and my life's events started to recount in my Head. (Before He even got to me)

When He told my neighbor Welcome my good and faithful servant, I knew right then, that was a close as I would ever come to hearing those words spoken to me, then the regret/deep despair begin to sink in. All of scripture made sense, and I knew then my life did not measure up to the standards of being a member of the body. I was helped up and for the briefest of moments I saw in His eyes a glimmer, of what of an eternity of Love with Him could have been, then I saw heart break and disappointment, Then I heard "away from me you wicked servant, I never knew you.."

My heart dropped, Then I pleaded: Lord lord give me one more chance..I fell to His feet and clinched as tightly as I could. swearing allegiance and love. I just needed another chance to prove it.

then either the ground gave way or I was thrown into the pit. I remember falling into a black nothingness, as I traveled away from the light I felt myself being consumed by this Black almost like Hot tar. It was not fire but it invoked the same response as being burned. The panic and hysteria of being consumed lit every nerve ending as if it was being burned by the hottest flame. I could see nothing but heard a great yelling and many many groans of pain from every direction, But only bearly because of my own groans, and screams. (Through all of that I had a sense that these laments were not all human.) All the while falling and being in a great state of panic and pain. Fire, panic and pain are not even strong enough words to describe the intensity of the experience. I knew everything in that place was being punished and felt the same. nothing was incharge.

That's why when i talk to people about Hell I say the reason the bible uses fire to describe hell it is because Being consumed by fire is the closest thing we can relate to when we are thrown into the void of Hell. Even so fire doesn't even come close. If given the choice I would rather be burned for an eternity by what we know to be fire than experience "Hell fire" ever again.
I began to break down under the sensory over load.. too much panic too much pain screaming through clenched teeth so tightly they were breaking, the bug in my head asking what if what if.. Then I had a sence of knowing I belonged here and felt myself just about to disolve away,

It was then I felt a hand grab me, and I began to ascend. the being that pulled me out of the pit told me that this was Only Gates of Hell and what I experiences was only a glimmer of what was to come. He told me that the rest of "this life" was my second Chance that I had asked for, and warned me that all that I experienced awaits me, if I did not know Jesus.

When I awoke I had 'sweat' an outline of my entire body into my mattress and through my comforter.

The experience of Hell didn't change my life, the glimmer of an eternity with the one I love with all of my being did. I realized that Hell is not an incentive for Heaven. Hell is simply the absents of God and all that He created. Being members of Creation We literally burn with desire to be apart of it and with God.

This is what prompts me to ask people, If the descriptions of Heaven and Hell were somehow confused in the Past, and Heaven was a fiery pit (But God lived there.) And Hell was what we know to be Paradise, but God was absent, then would you still want to goto Heaven (The Fiery pit) and burn forever with God?

Those who seek Heaven as their just reward or Choose Heaven because they fear Hell don't understand what Heaven is.

Heaven is being with God no matter what it looks like.

I wonder if these experiences fit with Ezekiel 37?

Was the hellish experience non-linear time..... and your return to life... was that your resurrection?

We think of time as one straight line but God can cause time to branch and branch and branch as new time lines are created and more and more and more of us are brought to salvation?

Ezekiel 37

11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off.

12 Therefore prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, O my people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel.

An online friend of mine is a Theoretical Physicist and his ideas on Multiverse Theory remind me of Ezekiel 37.

Upvote 0