How your life could be..

Tinkerbell33

Feb 24, 2007
✟34,871.00
Marital Status
Private
if you had done something differently?

Do you ever think about how things could be better or worse than they are now? I know its good to appreciate the blessings in your life and not to regret things done in the past but I still want to hear your answers :p.

I won £6.9 million on the lottery but lost the ticket, my life could be completely different now and its weird to think about it. Maybe it would be worse, maybe it would be better. I dont know.

TinkerTot

Wish you were here
Feb 21, 2009
Oklahoma City
✟7,915.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
if you had done something differently?

Do you ever think about how things could be better or worse than they are now? I know its good to appreciate the blessings in your life and not to regret things done in the past but I still want to hear your answers :p.

I won £6.9 million on the lottery but lost the ticket, my life could be completely different now and its weird to think about it. Maybe it would be worse, maybe it would be better. I dont know.

Oh there are so many things that could be better or worse just from one or decisions. I always wonder what my life would be like if I had married one of my ex's... now he's doing fairly well for himself and gets to travel all the time... if I had married him I would've been out of the country when my mom passed away. If I hadn't been there I would probably hate myself.

Idk... there are so many places I could be or so many things I could've done. But on the other hand there's so many things I could've missed out on. I think I am right where I need to be.

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you serious?

Upvote 0

metherion

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
✟13,623.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If I could change anything... I would have told the girls I liked in high school that I liked them. As things turned out, I was too chicken, have no experience with girlfriends or anything save one really really bad one, and still have trouble getting the courage to say if I like someone.

Metherion

Upvote 0

nbiol

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
✟11,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
*shrug* If I had done anything differently in the past, my life would be completely different now, but I'm not convinced that it'd be for the better. Everything I did in my past, whether good or bad, has shaped me into who I am today. I'm not sure I would want to go back and change anything...or play the "what if" game...

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I ponder this question on almost a daily basis. I feel like God expected better from me and I failed big time; I have no idea if I'm supposed to be here or not but many times I find myself wondering how much better things would be if only I had gone in the opposite direction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
There's no harm in thinking "if only.." if only you truly look at what has happened after-the-fact and assess what really took place. In retrospect, maybe it wasn't a mistake. Or, maybe it was and you know better for next time to do (or not do) something differently.

Regret is pointless unless it leads to some positive shift in mindset or course of action.

And oftentimes, it doesn't which makes me think that, for the most part, regret is nothing but a waste of time for most people.

Reactions: Tinkerbell33
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yep small directions change everything. Think of the movie The Butterfly effect, a very true point, or even It's a wonderful life. We influence so much with what we do and who we talk to and rarely even realize it.

Reactions: Tinkerbell33
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
if i would change anything i would change what happened when i was kid, because if i had gotten saved earlier (wasnt around a church), maybe i would have been further in God than i am now. But then again, being in the world, im not as much a flaky christian as some other people that i know, and a lot of nonchristians like that about me.

I dont worry about it. Whatever will be will be, I say. Once its in the past, its in the past. Besides, I have tons of awesome things to look forward to in the future, so no point in looking back really.

Upvote 0
L

LostFound1986

I had a book deal lined up for my novels that fell through at the last minute. If I'd got it my life could be different at the moment. I don't dwell on these things though, I'll get there sooner or later.

I think most of the best things you can do in life arn't the things you need a fortune to do, they are things that you need the courage to start.

Upvote 0

Markus6

Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
Houston
✟22,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God isn't limited by the path we have taken. If we could go back we could change our own efforts and they'd still be worthless. Paul was persecuting Christians for much of the beginning of his life, I'm not sure any "what if" could have made him have a bigger impact on the world.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell33

Feb 24, 2007
✟34,871.00
Marital Status
Private
I had a book deal lined up for my novels that fell through at the last minute. If I'd got it my life could be different at the moment. I don't dwell on these things though, I'll get there sooner or later.

:thumbsup:

I think most of the best things you can do in life arn't the things you need a fortune to do, they are things that you need the courage to start.

This is so true :)

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like to think more about what I could have accomplished, and regret not having taken the steps to do so - things like getting an early interest in computer programming, video editing, or learning to play the guitar (the first and last of which I still haven't done, and the middle I figured out at a point when I could no longer take advantage of discounted certification fees). Or how much money I could have saved by not buying lottery tickets regularly for a few months a couple years ago.

Of course certain relationship things are there and figure very heavily, too. I often wonder how much that would play into what I just mentioned in the previous paragraph as well.

Upvote 0