✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No those are two different laws.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

There are only two laws. The old Sinai law of sin and death and the "law of Christ" which is the law of the Spirit of life!

1 Corinthians 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
1 Corinthians 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
1 Corinthians 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ) that I might gain them that are without law.
1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

Here again the two are compared.

James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

James 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

It is also called "the law of liberty" because it is the opposite of the law of bondage, that same old law of sin and death.

Who gave Moses the Law? God
Who is Jesus? God
Does God have split personalities? NO
Jesus gave Moses the Law, therfore it is the Law of Christ.
To claim the Law of Moses is not the Law of Christ is to claim that Jesus is not God, since Jesus as God gave Moses THE LAW

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Who gave Moses the Law? God
Who is Jesus? God
Does God have split personalities? NO
Jesus gave Moses the Law, therfore it is the Law of Christ.
To claim the Law of Moses is not the Law of Christ is to claim that Jesus is not God, since Jesus as God gave Moses THE LAW

Again, scripture that God wrote identifies the two laws as separate and different and one superior to the other. The law of liberty is superior to the law of bondage.

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
Galatians 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Galatians 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Galatians 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. Ezekiel 36:26-28. The indwelling Spirit itself teaches, obeys and keeps the commandments that was written in our hearts causing us to to walk in the manner which is pleasing to God. His Spirit aligns our hearts with God’s heart and our wills with God’s will. If the Spirit is causing us to keep the commandments, then we are freed from hard human efforts that fail. You will find rest for your souls, for My Yoke Is Easy, My Burden Is Light. Matthew 11:28-30.

The Spirit is life giving by causing us to keep the commandments. If we walk by the Spirit, we have life. Keep my commandments and you will live. Proverbs 7:2. The law is against "deeds of the flesh" bringing death but what law is there against "the fruit of the Spirit" that brings life. If we continue to love God with all our heart, body, mind and soul, then His Spirit is in us and we bear the fruits of the Spirit in us. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22.

If you live by the Spirit, you will have and walk by the fruits of the Spirit. Whosoever loves, brings joy, makes peace, is patient, is kind, acts in goodness, is faithful, is gentle and self-controlled is obeying the law. So whatever you do, do it in love, joyously, in peace, in patience, in kindness, in goodness, in faithfulness, with gentleness and self-control. One who does them is like the Good Samaritan. Jesus said, "Go and do likewise.” Luke 10:30-37

The Spirit knows the spirit of the law. If you live by the Spirit, then by nature you keep the law and no law is against you. For God looks at the heart and it’s intention, so let everything you do flow from the fruits of the Spirit within your heart. This is what the law and the prophecies spoke about. This is the good news, the grace, the redemption, the freedom, the newness of the covenant and the kingdom of heaven that our king Jesus ushered. This is how it is in His reign. This is why Jesus said we must be born again by the Spirit to see and enter His kingdom. Thank you Jesus.

Romans 8:2 We are under the law of the Spirit of life in Christ which freed us from the law of sin and death.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

RexColin

Apr 11, 2019
Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Again, scripture that God wrote identifies the two laws as separate and different and one superior to the other. The law of liberty is superior to the law of bondage.

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
Galatians 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Galatians 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Galatians 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Where in those scriptures that YOU give does God say that they are separate and different Laws. You do not even know that the Law of Bondage is in itself Not the Law of Moses, rather the Law of Bondage is breaking the Law? In the same manner in which If you break a traffic law, we have Laws that assign penalty for breaking that Law. But if you obey the traffic Laws, then the laws that apply a penalty for that criminal act (sinning) do not apply to you if you remain lawful. The Law of Liberty is the Law of MOses, that if you obey, then you have freedom and liberties that the law of bondage and the Law of sin and death can not take away from you. Just like I can not be arrested (bondage) for driving with a suspended license if I keep the Law and keep a VALID license. Just like I can not receive the death penalty if I do not murder. I mean do you anti-law folks even read what the Law of Moses says, or do you just assume because some flake say it is bondage that it is bondage? being born after flesh is rebellion, rebellion against being free, you can only not be free if you break the Law. All the Apostles write of themselves as Bond-slaves to Christ, I bet they had freedom.

Upvote 0

RexColin

Apr 11, 2019
Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Romans 8:2 We are under the law of the Spirit of life in Christ which freed us from the law of sin and death.

The Law of Sin and Death is NOT NOT NOT NOT the Law of Moses, it is what God said to Adam and Eve regarding following his commandments. Hence "you shall surely die". The Law of sin and death is ONLY relevant if you have no atonement in Christ for Breaking the Law of Moses. You Anti-Law folks have got to quit reading the OT cliffnotes and actually study what you are talking about. You are teaching people that self destruction is ok.

• Agree
Reactions: ajcarey
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Where in those scriptures that YOU give does God say that they are separate and different Laws. You do not even know that the Law of Bondage is in itself Not the Law of Moses, rather the Law of Bondage is breaking the Law? In the same manner in which If you break a traffic law, we have Laws that assign penalty for breaking that Law. But if you obey the traffic Laws, then the laws that apply a penalty for that criminal act (sinning) do not apply to you if you remain lawful. The Law of Liberty is the Law of MOses, that if you obey, then you have freedom and liberties that the law of bondage and the Law of sin and death can not take away from you. Just like I can not be arrested (bondage) for driving with a suspended license if I keep the Law and keep a VALID license. Just like I can not receive the death penalty if I do not murder. I mean do you anti-law folks even read what the Law of Moses says, or do you just assume because some flake say it is bondage that it is bondage? being born after flesh is rebellion, rebellion against being free, you can only not be free if you break the Law. All the Apostles write of themselves as Bond-slaves to Christ, I bet they had freedom.

Then ask yourself why are laws being broken? It is because of the SIN NATURE. The laws were weak because of the sin nature. It is the sin nature that Jesus came to rectify by making us born again of the Spirit. Peter says we are now partakers of the divine nature, that is why John and Paul could say we are dead to sin, and cannot sin. If we cannot sin, what need is there for law. Sin is no longer in our nature. Therefore we are no longer under the law.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
The Law of Sin and Death is NOT NOT NOT NOT the Law of Moses, it is what God said to Adam and Eve regarding following his commandments. Hence "you shall surely die". The Law of sin and death is ONLY relevant if you have no atonement in Christ for Breaking the Law of Moses. You Anti-Law folks have got to quit reading the OT cliffnotes and actually study what you are talking about. You are teaching people that self destruction is ok.

I already answered this. Jesus freed us from sin.

Upvote 0

RexColin

Apr 11, 2019
Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Then ask yourself why are laws being broken? It is because of the SIN NATURE. The laws were weak because of the sin nature. It is the sin nature that Jesus came to rectify by making us born again of the Spirit. Peter says we are now partakers of the divine nature, that is why John and Paul could say we are dead to sin, and cannot sin. If we cannot sin, what need is there for law. Sin is no longer in our nature. Therefore we are no longer under the law.
I ask myself that everyday, do you? Since we know that lawlessness is sin, and sin is Lawlessness according 1st John in the NT, btw, The Laws were weak because they themself did not offer eternal life, yet Paul says the Law is Good and Holy IF IF IF used lawfully. So when God/Jesus made atonement for Israels disobedience, that Gave all mankind the opportunity to be Partakers in the Promise of Abraham. Now here is the absolutely amazing miracle of God in doing what man can not do. Remember the part where John says to Jesus it is I who should be baptised by You, and Jesus says it is fitting to fulfill all righteousness in this way? essentially receiving the Holy spirit through baptism Jesus then made a way through his rule and reign for us to receive his spirit in order to overcome that sin nature through His divine nature. In other words he gave us divine google directions from him. Now just because I have google maps telling me what turn to make, does that mean I should run stop signs now? I hope not. But if I listen to those directions and follow the traffic laws, I will get safely to my destination. If you sin and only you can admit that or not, then you still have a sin nature. I have to subject that nature to his divine nature for directions in life and In following the Law. The idiom under the Law is so misunderstood. but I will try to explain it in modern human terms. If I do not run a stop sign, have I broken a law? no. If I run the stop sign, have I broken the Law? yes. If I care about the well beings of others, will I run the stop sign? no (love your neighbor) If I do not run the stop sign is there a law that can convict me for running the stop sign? there is not a law that can convict me if I obey the Law. If I break the Law and run the stop sign, is there another Law that can convict me? yes. Does that make the stop sign Law bad? no. Therefore under the law that has convicted me for breaking the good law, I can now be held to a penalty, but only under the Law for breaking the Law, not the Law itself. So how do not live under the law that convicts me for breaking the Law? I obey the Law.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I ask myself that everyday, do you? Since we know that lawlessness is sin, and sin is Lawlessness according 1st John in the NT, btw, The Laws were weak because they themself did not offer eternal life, yet Paul says the Law is Good and Holy IF IF IF used lawfully. So when God/Jesus made atonement for Israels disobedience, that Gave all mankind the opportunity to be Partakers in the Promise of Abraham. Now here is the absolutely amazing miracle of God in doing what man can not do. Remember the part where John says to Jesus it is I who should be baptised by You, and Jesus says it is fitting to fulfill all righteousness in this way? essentially receiving the Holy spirit through baptism Jesus then made a way through his rule and reign for us to receive his spirit in order to overcome that sin nature through His divine nature. In other words he gave us divine google directions from him. Now just because I have google maps telling me what turn to make, does that mean I should run stop signs now? I hope not. But if I listen to those directions and follow the traffic laws, I will get safely to my destination. If you sin and only you can admit that or not, then you still have a sin nature. I have to subject that nature to his divine nature for directions in life and In following the Law. The idiom under the Law is so misunderstood. but I will try to explain it in modern human terms. If I do not run a stop sign, have I broken a law? no. If I run the stop sign, have I broken the Law? yes. If I care about the well beings of others, will I run the stop sign? no (love your neighbor) If I do not run the stop sign is there a law that can convict me for running the stop sign? there is not a law that can convict me if I obey the Law. If I break the Law and run the stop sign, is there another Law that can convict me? yes. Does that make the stop sign Law bad? no. Therefore under the law that has convicted me for breaking the good law, I can now be held to a penalty, but only under the Law for breaking the Law, not the Law itself. So how do not live under the law that convicts me for breaking the Law? I obey the Law.

Do you know why Paul said we are not under the law? What law was he talking about. Remember he mentioned it contained “You shall not covet.”

Upvote 0

RexColin

Apr 11, 2019
Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
NO disrespect, but you do not know about the Law enough to know what Pauls was referring to> Jesus said the two greatest commandments were Love God and Love others. those laws are not in the ten commandments. Paul said that Through Christ we are no longer under the condemnation of the Law. No where, any where, is it ever said God did away with the Law, If he did, then why was Paul still obeying the Law throughout his entire ministry. Over and Over it is noted he was observing sabbath and the feasts, over and over he was quoting the Law to follow. why would anyone do that if the law had been done away with. I'm sorry, but until you study the Law, you do not know what Paul a pharisee was contextually saying about the law. It's like you trying to build a rocket ship with 5th grade science classes. I am trying to help, if you obey the Law you will have a better life, if you break the law, then you are under the Law. I'm sorry your pastor with his 4 whole years of study has misled you, I'm sure you are a good person, but Why would God out of love give the law to bless his people, then out of love take it away to bless his people?!!!! That is absurd. Why don't we in U.S. just get rid of our laws because so many people have to go to jail over it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
NO disrespect, but you do not know about the Law enough to know what Pauls was referring to> Jesus said the two greatest commandments were Love God and Love others. those laws are not in the ten commandments. Paul said that Through Christ we are no longer under the condemnation of the Law. No where, any where, is it ever said God did away with the Law, If he did, then why was Paul still obeying the Law throughout his entire ministry. Over and Over it is noted he was observing sabbath and the feasts, over and over he was quoting the Law to follow. why would anyone do that if the law had been done away with. I'm sorry, but until you study the Law, you do not know what Paul a pharisee was contextually saying about the law. It's like you trying to build a rocket ship with 5th grade science classes. I am trying to help, if you obey the Law you will have a better life, if you break the law, then you are under the Law. I'm sorry your pastor with his 4 whole years of study has misled you, I'm sure you are a good person, but Why would God out of love give the law to bless his people, then out of love take it away to bless his people?!!!! That is absurd. Why don't we in U.S. just get rid of our laws because so many people have to go to jail over it?

In other words Paul saying we are not under the law means nothing to you. You honestly believe Paul would be promoting lawlessness if he said that, so you can't imagine that Paul actually meant we are not under the law. There is a good reason, but it is supernatural and many people haven't experienced it.

Upvote 0

RexColin

Apr 11, 2019
Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok, I'm going to try this one last time, NOT being under the law during 2nd Temple first century Jewish literature meant that you were NOT breaking the law. Being under the law meant you were breaking it... it is not a supernatural thing to make a choice to serve Christ through obedience to his law. Paul was not promoting lawlessness, only the folks who say the law is abolished are promoting lawlessness (anomian in the greek) which means anti-law. In fact love is obeying the law. But if you do not read and learn the law, you can not obey it.. it's in your bible. I think you are more interested in debating than learning. I spent most my life in charismatic movement, my dad as a minister, I knew Charkes Simpson and Derek Prince personaly. I'm not against supernatural movements of Holy Spirit, I speak in tongues and use my gifts to serve others, but that has nothing to do with folks hurting other folks by telling them they do not have to obey The Law of God because they have no clue what "under the law" means to a Pharasaic 2nd temple student of Gamaliel Jew such as Paul. Under the law is someone who does not obey the law, you are no longer under the law if you obey the law... only those in Christ can obey the Law, it is not some magic wand moment from God that mysteriously removes sin from our life, Jesus has to train us to live that way. The fruit of The Way is obeying the Law, therefore no longer being under the law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Ok, I'm going to try this one last time, not being under the law during 2nd century Jewish literature meant that you were not breaking the law. Being under the law meant you were breaking it... it is not a supernatural thing to make a choice to serve Christ through obedience to his law. Paul was not promoting lawlessness, only the folks who say the law is abolished are promoting lawlessness (anomian in the greek) which means anti-law. In fact love is obeying the law. But if you do not read and learn the law, you can not obey it.. it's in your bible. I think you are more interested in debating than learning. I spent most my life in charismatic movement, my dad as a minister, I knew Charkes Simpson and Derek Prince personaly. I'm not against supernatural movements of Holy Spirit, I speak in tongues and use my gifts to serve others, but that has nothing to do with folks hurting other folks by telling them they do not have to obey The Law of God because they have no clue what "under the law" means to a Pharasaic 2nd temple student of Gamaliel Jew such as Paul. Under the law is someone who does not obey the law, you are no longer under the law if you obey the law... only those in Christ can obey the Law, it is not some magic wand moment from God that mysteriously removes sin from our life, Jesus has to train us to live that way. The fruit of The Way is obeying the Law, therefore no longer being under the law.

The way I look at not being "under the law" is establishing a new way of keeping it, and more! I'm sure you've read this but here goes.:

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Upvote 0

RexColin

Apr 11, 2019
Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
please READ this part very carefully, and think about what it just said; 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be....
What is the carnal mind, aka the flesh NOT NOT NOT subject to? Why is it not subject to it? So if the flesh/carnal mind is against the law by not subjecting to it, what would the Spirit want us to do in regards to the Law of God? BE SUBJECT TO IT... yes?

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
please READ this part very carefully, and think about what it just said; 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be....
What is the carnal mind, aka the flesh NOT NOT NOT subject to? Why is it not subject to it? So if the flesh/carnal mind is against the law by not subjecting to it, what would the Spirit want us to do in regards to the Law of God? BE SUBJECT TO IT... yes?

What I did was truly repent and I quoted David's prayer. "Create in me a clean heart, and renew a right spirit within me." All of a sudden I saw a vision of my sin. It looked like a clogged pipe. I knew what it was and repented again of the major sin in my life. God did the rest, and overnight I had no more desire to sin. And besides that all my prayers were being answered, and I had quite a few gifts. I had a brand new set of desires. From then on I walked in the Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RexColin

Apr 11, 2019
Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Keep walking in the Spirit, don't assume he is through cleansing and teaching you. I made that mistake before, having complacent comfort in my spirituality and not seeking deeper his Way of Life. Everyone says that the greatest deception the devil ever pulled of was believing he didn't exist. I have come to find that to be the second greatest deception, the first one is the one where he said to Eve, break God's command and surely you will not die. It's the same trap he pulls today, making us believe we will have greater reward and pleasure if we obey God our way. Except now he is whispering in our ear to take a bite of this good tasting theology instead that makes us think we can do nothing for God to get something from God. The whole concept of a Covenant is a partnership built on a mutually agreement between two parties. God through Christ did his part. Every aspect of the Law is to either teach us how to love or to show that love through actions, love is much more than relegating the emotional stimulus to acknowledgement of feelings, it requires we do something. Imagine if Jesus only loved us through speaking to us, and did nothing for us, where would we be then. Faithfulness works both ways, at some point we have to do as he did and give to the world the way he gave to us, with our sweat, blood, and life... that is the basis of a covenant, especially the New Covenant. I love you sister, and hope your walk with God continues to grow and mature in us all, it's the greatest adventure ever.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Keep walking in the Spirit, don't assume he is through cleansing and teaching you. I made that mistake before, having complacent comfort in my spirituality and not seeking deeper his Way of Life. Everyone says that the greatest deception the devil ever pulled of was believing he didn't exist. I have come to find that to be the second greatest deception, the first one is the one where he said to Eve, break God's command and surely you will not die. It's the same trap he pulls today, making us believe we will have greater reward and pleasure if we obey God our way. Except now he is whispering in our ear to take a bite of this good tasting theology instead that makes us think we can do nothing for God to get something from God. The whole concept of a Covenant is a partnership built on a mutually agreement between two parties. God through Christ did his part. Every aspect of the Law is to either teach us how to love or to show that love through actions, love is much more than relegating the emotional stimulus to acknowledgement of feelings, it requires we do something. Imagine if Jesus only loved us through speaking to us, and did nothing for us, where would we be then. Faithfulness works both ways, at some point we have to do as he did and give to the world the way he gave to us, with our sweat, blood, and life... that is the basis of a covenant, especially the New Covenant. I love you sister, and hope your walk with God continues to grow and mature in us all, it's the greatest adventure ever.

Thank you, I will. You too!

1 John 3:21-23
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,087.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. Ezekiel 36:26-28. The indwelling Spirit itself teaches, obeys and keeps the commandments that was written in our hearts causing us to to walk in the manner which is pleasing to God. His Spirit aligns our hearts with God’s heart and our wills with God’s will. If the Spirit is causing us to keep the commandments, then we are freed from hard human efforts that fail. You will find rest for your souls, for My Yoke Is Easy, My Burden Is Light. Matthew 11:28-30.

The Spirit is life giving by causing us to keep the commandments. If we walk by the Spirit, we have life. Keep my commandments and you will live. Proverbs 7:2. The law is against "deeds of the flesh" bringing death but what law is there against "the fruit of the Spirit" that brings life. If we continue to love God with all our heart, body, mind and soul, then His Spirit is in us and we bear the fruits of the Spirit in us. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22.

If you live by the Spirit, you will have and walk by the fruits of the Spirit. Whosoever loves, brings joy, makes peace, is patient, is kind, acts in goodness, is faithful, is gentle and self-controlled is obeying the law. So whatever you do, do it in love, joyously, in peace, in patience, in kindness, in goodness, in faithfulness, with gentleness and self-control. One who does them is like the Good Samaritan. Jesus said, "Go and do likewise.” Luke 10:30-37

The Spirit knows the spirit of the law. If you live by the Spirit, then by nature you keep the law and no law is against you. For God looks at the heart and it’s intention, so let everything you do flow from the fruits of the Spirit within your heart. This is what the law and the prophecies spoke about. This is the good news, the grace, the redemption, the freedom, the newness of the covenant and the kingdom of heaven that our king Jesus ushered. This is how it is in His reign. This is why Jesus said we must be born again by the Spirit to see and enter His kingdom. Thank you Jesus.
We are in the law of Christ

This is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus that makes us free from the law of sin and death.

Upvote 0

RexColin

Apr 11, 2019
Monroe, LA.
✟9,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
We are in the law of Christ

This is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus that makes us free from the law of sin and death.
What then say you that the "Law of Christ" is? What scriptures list these Laws?

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,087.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What then say you that the "Law of Christ" is? What scriptures list these Laws?
Love fulfills the law and the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost.

The Ten Commandments written in stone are done away and abolished in their ministration (2 Cor 3:6-15 KJV)

And we read of the fruit of this life in Galatians 5 22-25

Upvote 0