Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the holidays approach — and also when they have passed — it is imperative that we Americans in the rear, so to speak, show generous support to our troops in the combat zones battling terrorism.

Due to strengthened security measures, Americans can no longer ship packages addressed to "Any Service Member."

If you have a particular soldier, sailor, Airman or Marine in mind, you can ship your personal parcels as usual but we advise you to SHIP EARLY!

Organizations that are providing needed shipments of comfort items to our troops:

OPERATION AIR CONDITIONER
ATTN: Ms. Frankie Mayo
560 Peoples Plaza
Box 121
Newark, DE 19702

This wonderful all-volunteer organization ships donated heaters, air conditioners, and other comfort items, and does accept cash contributions. Please contact Ms. Mayo for current needs and shipping procedures.
Donations are tax-deductible. Please check for an update.

Website: http://www.operationac.com E-Mail: adoptasoldier@operationac.com Tel.: 302.836.1008

Operation USO Care Package

Donors can give $25 which goes toward sponsorship of one Care Package (that contains sunscreen, calling cards, toiletries, etc.).
Tel.: 866-USO-GIVE

To Help Our Troops Bring Smiles To Iraqi Children, contact:
OPERATION GIVE
15915 Yukon Lane
Rockville, MD 20855

Ships items primarily to aid the children of Iraq, and does an outstanding job! Please contact them for needed items. Cash donations are accepted, and may soon be tax-deductible.

HELP THE WOUNDED

The American Red Cross is seeking assistance for the wounded soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Please send monetary donations (checks made payable to the American Red Cross) and/or the following items to the address below:

Telephone cards of at least 30 minutes
Rolling luggage (small), totes and carry-ons
Individually wrapped snacks
Magazines
Notepads, pens
Playing cards and games
Sweat pants and shirts (all sizes)

All items should be addressed to:

ATTN: Barbara Green
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001

For information prior to shipping your parcels, please call 202.782.2080; or e-mail Barbara.Green.1@AMEDD.army.mil.

SOF thanks you for your generous support!

kb9ibw

Oct 24, 2004
Visit site
✟133.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks for all the information in your post. Our troops do need our support. They also love verbal support. I am the founder of Amateur Radio Military Appreciation Day. We do LIVE messages of appreciation to our troops, and veterans.
We also allow support groups to uplift one another around the world by radio.
You can google search KB9IBW to get to the webpage.
Keep up the good work, and God Bless you.

KB9IBW

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ldyjarhead said:
Thanks for the input, Gunny. Jarheads for Jesue, I love it!

<><

Marie Anne
MSgt, USMC, Ret
Mother of PFC currently serving in Baghdad

God's Blessings be with you and your Loved Ones, Marie.

SEMPER FI !!!

Gunny/James

Upvote 0

Ldyjarhead

Oct 31, 2004
✟149.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, Gunny. Heard from son Paul the other day. He was involved in security and clean up after the IED incident, and I think it was his first real *taste* of the ugliness of war. Not something any parent wants their 20 yr old child to have to go through, but I put him in God's hands.

Semper Fi and God's blessings, my friend,

Marie Anne
MSgt, USMC, Retired
Proud Mom of Marine serving in Baghdad

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.