How would you spend 100 million bucks to help others?

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hi pathetically speaking :)
First I would give it to those poor politicians who haven't had a pay rise for months and barely have enough to afford limousines to work.
Then I would give it our poor banks who manage to eke out a meagre living by using our money to make more money, billions in fact.

Serious mode.
Usual suspects. Poor in poor countries. Visiting a country myself and handing it directly to the ones that need it. I realise, you aren't going to solve world poverty single-handedly and 100 million is perhaps a drop in the ocean. But I don't like donating to charities who have multiple middle men who collect a slice.
On the domestic front? I'd like to see the aged get more help. Some live on the bread line and that is sad in your eightees.

Last edited:

possibletarian

Dec 27, 2016
Peak District
✟33,311.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hi pathetically speaking :)
First I would give it to those poor politicians who haven't had a pay rise for months and barely have enough to afford limousines to work.
Then I would give it our poor banks who manage to eke out a meagre living by using our money to make more money.

Serious mode.
Usual suspects. Poor in poor countries. Visiting a country myself and handing it directly to the ones that need it. I realise, you aren't going to solve world poverty single-handedly and 100 million is perhaps a drop in the ocean. But I don't like donating to charities who have multiple middle men who collect a slice.
On the domestic front? I'd like to see the aged get more help. Some live on the bread line and that is sad in your eightees.

I would undoubtedly spend a lot on myself, get the house fully up to speck, put money aside for a reasonable living.

As for Charity, I think i would like to build a few small school in villages and equip them, but only if I know there is a well established charity that could administer and carry on the work.
And maybe in England I would like to fully pay tuitions fees, accommodation and living costs for a few students who had done well in primary education but lacked the funds to do so.

And I would would probably take a really nice holiday, it's rare i have been able to go on one and not have a budget. !!

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
As for Charity, I think i would like to build a few small school in villages and equip them
Education is a problem in poor countries. Lack of education keeps them in the poverty prison.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would open more centers like this ; About Us | Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge
Teen challenge, some take adults, some are co-ed.
A faith based alcohol and drug rehab facility with an amazing success rate. Every so often they bring people in the program to our church, they give testimonies and sing worship songs. It's awesome to see the work God is doing in these lives.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A faith based alcohol and drug rehab
A Christian started one in my city. I saw a doco about it. He himself turned his own decadent life around due to being saved by the Lord. What better person to help those who are drug addicted and destined for a life behind bars.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I would give a large portion away to the Catholic church.
I wouldn't.
I'd like to give it directly to my Parish and priest but I suppose the Catholic Church would prevent that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I would do is keep 10 million for myself, my wife, kids future, pay off bills...etc. The other 90 million would be used to help at the common places people tend to say. Probably give some bigger amount to my church since it needs some upgrades/repairs to fit the ever growing amount of people that are new. Some would go towards things like research into kidney stones, brain injuries...etc thing I have went through that didn't really have anything to helpful for me currently.

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
the poor ones I suppose you mean
Not necessarily. That would be the priority, but I'd send a really bright kid who had money, but would be student-loan debt laden from going to college.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Why would they prevent that? Is there a limit to how much you can donate?
Hierarchy. Head office likes to know exactly how much one parish is getting so they can redistribute to poorer parishes.

• Informative
Reactions: frettr00
Upvote 0