How would the world know, that the Church had "evolved"?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I almost doubt there's any reason I am thinking this, but the problem seems to persist that the Church needs a comparable answer to Evolution, that the world hasn't thought of or rejects (either way). Yet our agenda remains the same, almost making it a trap to respond to the prospect of an alternative method of doing things (or an alternative "label" anyway), because of the insecurity that would point to. The problem is, it is very hard to make the world aware of our "good works" not least because we keep it to ourselves anyway (for the glory of God).

Yet lack of an answer, clearly encourages atheism and the evolution from which it springs. I think that neatly describes the need. My thoughts, from all my time debating Evolutionists, is that there is something facile about Evolution that fools can be persuaded against, if there is patience in observing that it cannot really be as easy as Evolution makes out. Why for example, does Evolution create terrorists? Is it completely arbitrary to Evolution whether you end up believing something specific, or divine? Few would want to be confident of such a position as this!

So it is that there is room, it would seem, to be merely superior, with an eye to reminding men of the works of God. Certainly the rest of time could elapse and I would be quite confident doing that - superiority of the most overcoming? - but I wonder what purpose it would serve? I mean, what else has to go wrong for someone sitting on the fence to realize they are next to a house that has just burnt down? And the fire is coming up their backside? Warning people is not for nothing, we must not grow tired of it, but truly, who can endure a fool who thinks his faith means everything, for no reason?

What would a world of faith look like? Some believe? All believe? All believe but do nothing? It's almost as if the fence grows, the more we sit on it. But surely that is foolish. I would that men were practical, that no man had a name in science (for his faith in Evolution) without an invention of his own to go with it. But that is perhaps well and truly overzealous. Or they could give up, but then that wouldn't do either. I just can't get past the logic, that if you truly want to hate God without a cause, hating Him into perpetuity is either better or a necessity. Harder or completely obscene would be more accurate.

If something is either harder or completely obscene, doing it is entirely a choice, and even then you may not be aware that you want it. (selah)

Not being aware that you want it, isn't a temptation, but fool, please, do more than say you could easily be tempted! (selah)