How will you grow with Christ this Lent?

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello OBOB'ers,
Thought I'd pop by as we prepare ourselves for the season of Lent. Came across this list of 40 ideas ("resolutions") on how to better prepare ourselves through this season ~ What To Give Up for Lent: 40 Lenten Resolutions

What are your plans?

Reactions: Michie

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What are your plans?

I decided I'm going to do an internet blackout. No social media (most importantly), no news media, no mindlessly browsing baseball sites ("are you okay, Fenwick? Did you eat some bad pizza?").

It's going to be rough, I've always avoided committing to that in the past because I thought I would be so bored—but then I realized... that's exactly why I need to do this. More time to pray the rosary, maybe go to adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, Stations of the Cross, any penance services my parish has, read scripture more, finish Infiltration and maybe some other books as well.

This is my third Lent as a Catholic, it's time for me to pony up.

I'm also looking forward to what I might be able to learn from the Knights of Columbus' video series they're releasing starting on Ash Wednesday (I made a thread about it yesterday).

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did a Facebook ban last year - it was very nice actually. Not 100% if I'll go that route, but I have added a bunch of Catholic pages on Facebook so almost every post (that isn't a family or friend update) is Catholic related.

Thinking of the following:
- After I finish paying off my current debt next month, add a small donation to a Catholic group I enjoy supporting.
- Stick to no spending challenge that I've been doing (not 100% but getting better) for awhile now.
- Maybe do an internet ban or at least limit it to Catholic sites / CF. (Thinking about volunteering down the road again)
- Daily prayer of the Rosary - I use to pray it daily on my way to work. Have no clue where that CD went though - so maybe I can download something on my phone to use instead.
- I can't do daily Mass usually due to my work schedule, but I will be out in Michigan for a week where I can go daily with my FIL. I'll be off a second week at home and I can attend then too. My school offers Mass on Wednesday but I have such issues being around parents I don't focus well.

Upvote 0