How will Donald Trump be remembered as a president?

Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
George W. Bush will be remembered for the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. Ronald Reagan is remembered for his “trickle down economics” policy and helping to end the evil Soviet empire. And Richard Nixon is remembered for the infamous Watergate Scandal.

Indeed, every president in America’s history is remembered for something, whether good or bad. So my question is this: How will Donald Trump be remembered as a president? What is your opinion?

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the one who ignored climate change and caused us to lose valuable time in our efforts to mitigate it.

QFT. I think he'll be remembered as one of the most despised presidents in the history of the United States. He'll be remembered as an international joke and will be mocked for years to come.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
George W. Bush will be remembered for the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. Ronald Reagan is remembered for his “trickle down economics” policy and helping to end the evil Soviet empire. And Richard Nixon is remembered for the infamous Watergate Scandal.

Indeed, every president in America’s history is remembered for something, whether good or bad. So my question is this: How will Donald Trump be remembered as a president? What is your opinion?
Oops, I have to change from too, too early to TWEET, TWEET. TWEET.

• Haha
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married

In world maybe different than USA. But so far:
European diplomats reportedly consider Trump a 'laughing stock' who is 'obsessed with Obama'
Turnbull mocks Trump: Australian Prime Minister imitates US President
World Leaders Laughing at Trump
Nordic Leaders Mock Trump After Disastrous Foreign Trip
'People Here Think Trump Is a Laughingstock'
Departing Ethics Chief: U.S. Is 'Close to a Laughingstock'
Donald Trump Becomes Twitter Laughingstock
Donald Trump Has Become The Laughing Stock Of The World.
The British are rightly laughing at the Trump administration's confusion
Trump is a laughing stock
Former CIA analyst: Trump's tweeting 'makes us a laughing stock

I witness in greece is how people see Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Breve

Dec 21, 2016
Texas
✟20,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's what the mainstream media thinks of him. And do you really care what some journalist thinks? News is not objective these days - journalists peddle opinion and gossip dressed up as "fact". Making a big scandal about every trivial detail is click bait - ratings. It's all about the ratings....
Late night show hosts etc have target audiences and they script their material to those biases. Call back radio announcers do the same. Better to ask yourself what do those that control the media have to GAIN by shaping my opinion this way or that way.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Question is impossible to answer. Ask in 4 years time. Such a question only shows up the biases of the person answering. Look at Obama. During his terms he was viewed favorably. Now not as much.

Obama has a 63% favorable rating - higher than when he was president.

GW Bush's favorability is up too.

Guess people look longingly at the last two presidents now that we have Trump.

George W. Bush and Barack Obama Both Popular in Retirement

• Informative
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IF He stands with God
God will stand with him........

Well, it's comforting for me to know that God isn't gullible. I seriously doubt God actually believes Donald Trump stands with Him or even remotely cares about the Christian faith in the first place. I doubt God was even fooled by Trump's disingenuous act of pretending to "accept Jesus" while he was out pandering for the right winged evangelical vote during his presidential campaign last year.

However, Trump is a shrewd businessman, and as a former reality T.V. star, he sure knows how to successful sell his "accepted Jesus" performance. In fact, he's so good at it, a lot of evangelicals fell for it hook, line, and sinker (despite everything disturbing and inappropriate he has said and done since he came onto the political scene). I think so many right winged evangelical Christians were so frantic and desperate to fight off four more years of another liberal president that they were more than willing to settle for a man like Donald Trump. If he's the only presidential candidate the Religious Right could produce to represent their conservative political party, as well as their Christian faith, then they have truly lost their way. So, it's no wonder political conservatism and evangelical Christianity have become even more indistinguishable since Trump came onto the political scene last year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Trump most certainly is a laughing stock of the world.

download.jpg

Chicken balloon with Trump-like hair seen near White House

• Haha
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, if Trump keeps his promise to build a wall along the US-Mexico border and his legal immigration reform goes through, I think he'll be remembered for that.

And if only for those things we here on this border town will be forever indebted to him.

But, we think he will accomplish much, much more.

Maybe before he leaves office he will be able to put in another Supreme Court judge? That would be a great accomplishment to have him placing two Supreme Court judges. That fine legacy will live on for many, many years and be a great thing for this Country.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I seriously doubt God actually believes Donald Trump stands with Him or even remotely cares about the Christian faith in the first place. I doubt God was even fooled by Trump's disingenuous act of pretending to "accept Jesus" while he was out pandering for the right winged evangelical vote during his presidential campaign last year.

Not good to put words into the mouth of God. Actually, my Bible tells me that God had His hand on placing Trump in office. Some as we know he places for good and others for bad. Way, way to early for us to know God's already known results.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not good to put words into the mouth of God. Actually, my Bible tells me that God had His hand on placing Trump in office. Some as we know he places for good and others for bad. Way, way to early for us to know God's already known results.

M-Bob

If it was God's intent to destroy this country and bring punishment down upon it by placing Trump in office, then I could believe that more than God placed Trump in office for good purposes. And I didn't put words in God's mouth. All I did was share my opinion of what I think on the issue. Nothing more.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh goodness headlines from the likes of CNN, NYT's ABC, MSNBC etc etc,
Imagine my shock

Imagine my shock when conservative Christian supporters of Trump reject anything that legitimately criticizes him. It truly is perplexing how anyone, least of all, people of faith, can support this man.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Imagine my shock when conservative Christian supporters of Trump reject anything that legitimately criticizes him. It truly is perplexing how anyone, least of all, people of faith, can support this man.
Have you heard about Diamond & Silk? Two black women who support Trump who were demonetized over at Youtube taking their living away for supporting him?

Some people wear a "Im with her" shirt and others wear "at least he is NOT her" shirt

Upvote 0