How we can rest assured it is not the end times.

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is how you can rest assured that it is not the end times. By understanding the last chapters of the Bible. God does not want his people in the dark on this matter. He gave us dozens of chapters of prophecy about the New Jerusalem in the Bible. Not just the last two chapters in Revelation. All of the chapters combined paint a picture that clearly show that not only are we not in the end times. But the end times themselves have been grossly misunderstood and misinterpreted in a such a way as to cause great harm to the cause of Christ in the earth.

Lets just start with Revelation 21:2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 9......Come here, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife. 10. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.
Anyone familiar with the Bible knows that Gods people have always been illustrated as God's wife in the Bible's prophecy. As a bride. That is the first clue and it is the one most people notice right away when they read these chapters. When did this change? So that now a physical city is being represented as the bride, the lambs wife? It didn't.

In Galatians 4:26-27 The Apostle Paul declares Isaiah 54 to be a prophecy about the New Jerusalem.
1 Sing, O barren, you that did not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, you that did not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, said the LORD..... 5 For your Maker is your husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and your Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.....11 O you afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay your stones with fair colors, and lay your foundations with sapphires. 12 And I will make your windows of agates, and your gates of carbuncles, and all your borders of pleasant stones. 13 And all your children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of your children. 14 In righteousness shall you be established: you shall be far from oppression; for you shall not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near you. 15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whoever shall gather together against you shall fall for your sake.
Notice how Revelation 21-22 quotes these verses. Illustrating Gods people as his wife AND illustrating them as the heavenly city. As important as this is though it is the prophecy in it that is relevant. Because it prophesies a time period that lays in the future of those to whom it was first written when the people of God would no longer be oppressed by the wicked. Not a utopian world where there is no oppression. Because the wicked in verse 15 gather together to conquer and oppress God's people, but fail. That is the age we live in now. An age of promise were a free world has been growing and expanding for 5 centuries now. Bible reading people created the free world and everywhere that freedom reigns real Christians live free of the oppression's of despotic government. Let look at this in some other verses in Revelation 21-22 that show how this happened. How we got this free world where for the first time in human history the earthly promises of God were able to be fulfilled in the lives of God's people, as a general rule rather than a rare exception.

Revelation 21:6.....I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 22:1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bore twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
This river of life has always illustrated the Holy Spirit and the Gospel, Gods Word going forth into the hearts of people. When did this common Biblical illustration become a prophecy about a physical river in the future? It didn't. That is silly.
John 4:10 Jesus answered and said to her, If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that said to you, Give me to drink; you would have asked of him, and he would have given you living water. 11 The woman said to him, Sir, you have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from where then have you that living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? 13 Jesus answered and said to her, Whoever drinks of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Psalm 46: Selah. 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, The holy dwelling places of the Most High. 5 God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns.
1John 7:37. In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come to me, and drink. 38. He that believes on me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39. (But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
Ezekiel 47:1 Afterward he brought me again to the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house.......(God's people are the house of God.) 7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other. 8 Then said he to me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. 9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that lives, which moves, wherever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live where the river comes. ....12 And by the river on the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine
John 15:5 I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing....7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit.....
This is how the free world was created and exists. The free world is the nations being healed. Via the Gospel, God's Word in peoples hearts, The works of the Holy Spirit, God's providence and his people bearing fruit. That is how the nations are being healed. Wherever the influence of God's invisible kingdom goes. It heals, restores, transforms. To the extent that even the wicked feign obedience to the principles of Gods Word.

In the article linked. Every verse is illuminated in much greater detail than these above. There are a dozens of chapters of Bible prophecy shared that explain exactly what every verse in Revelation 21-22 illustrates and exactly how they are being fulfilled before our eyes as prophecy. If you take the challenge to read through them and all their corresponding links. You will find there is no room for argument. They are not talking about heaven, a new physical planet, or a physical city. They are talking about a time period promised throughout the scripture that we are living in right now. A time period that began exactly when the Bible prophesied it would. With the fall of the last of four empires named in scripture. This occurred in 1453 AD. That is when what had been the capitol of the Roman Empire since 333 AD, Constantinople fell and the last Roman Emperor was killed. That date was precisely the beginning of the time period when for the first time in human history. The Bible began to get into the hands of the general public, to read for themselves. These Bible reading populations were the ones who created the free world. The Word of God in their hands and in their hearts was what gave them the power no other generations had to overcome the despotic nature of the ancient world with its slavery and darkness. This is a continuing process. As prophesied. A contest between the influence of God's invisible kingdom in the nations and other influences that oppose it. To what degree the influence and righteousness in the Bible will drown out the influences contrary to it I do not know. The Bible does not say. It only says. Habakkuk 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

This article contains the scriptural vision for the future God's people have been robbed of with the rise of the progressive movement that corresponded with modern pop culture end times teachings. Teachings that took the end time prophecy of the last two ages and placed them in this age. The design of this false prophecy about our future was to get God's people to not continue to build and expand the free world and not resist the progressive movement that threatens it. This scriptural vision for the future found in this article is what will eventually give real Christians and those non Christians who work with them the power to once more be the dominate influence in guiding the world towards a better and just future. This is hard work. Requires real sacrifice. A depth of knowledge and character that is rare today. Why should people sacrifice if it is all going to be destroyed? Well that was the power of the false prophecy in the guise of end time prophecy teachings. God's people have not been making the sacrifices necessary to develop in such a way as to be able to overcome the evil of their day. They have had no motivation to. They were robbed of the divine motivation that comes from God's Word. Change is coming, but not without God's Word on the matter being spread.
The New Jerusalem
NJ.jpg

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
1 John 2:18
"Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour."

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is how you can rest assured that it is not the end times.
Daniel, are you saying we are not in the end times? If so, I have to disagree with that.

Ezekiel 38, the preface for Gog/Magog, in the latter days, Israel has to be a nation again in the land of Israel. That's an elephant in the room.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Daniel, are you saying we are not in the end times? If so, I have to disagree with that.

Ezekiel 38, the preface for Gog/Magog, in the latter days, Israel has to be a nation again in the land of Israel. That's an elephant in the room.
Nah, the elephant in the room is the 3 dozen chapters of Bible prophecy about the New Jerusalem. You can comment and banter back and forth on a dozen different threads about Gog and Magog for the next 30 years.

On this thread however it would be appropriate that you read what I wrote and focus on proving it’s not so rather than ignoring it and changing the subject to tell me I’m wrong and starting a whole conversation on that different subject.

There is a reason the Bible has so many chapters dedicated to the New Jerusalem. Let’s focus on them for the time being.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
On this thread however it would be appropriate that you read what I wrote and focus on proving it’s not so rather than ignoring it and changing the subject to tell me I’m wrong and starting a whole conversation on that different subject.
Daniel, I did not read all of the opening post because it was too long to wade through. I did read your opening paragraph.

And I wanted to ask you, if by the title of the thread, meant you do not think we are living in the end times.

If you think we are not living in the end time, I disagree. I did not change the subject, given as the title of the thread.

Nah, the elephant in the room is the 3 dozen chapters of Bible prophecy about the New Jerusalem. You can comment and banter back and forth on a dozen different threads about Gog and Magog for the next 30 years.
But other chapters in the bible, such as the ones you mention, do not take away from Ezekiel 38 regarding the latter days, and the Israel plainly in the news everyday. I chose that one, but I could pick other passages as well to show we are living in the end times.

There is a reason the Bible has so many chapters dedicated to the New Jerusalem. Let’s focus on them for the time being.
Okay, you focus on it. I'll go on to another thread.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is how you can rest assured that it is not the end times.

Simple, because Jesus has not come again.

We will only know when we see him in the air etc etc etc, untill then we do not know.

• Agree
Reactions: fwGod
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

We will only know when we see him in the air etc etc etc, untill then we do not know.
I realize all of us just comment on things occasionally without reading them. You should at least read the post. You never know. You might discover something you have not noticed.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I realize all of us just comment on things occasionally without reading them. You should at least read the post. You never know. You might discover something you have not noticed.

Don't be silly. How can anyone learn what is not known.
Any suggested date or extended period for the 2nd coming is because we do not know the date automaticly wrong.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lets just start with Revelation 21:
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 9......Come here, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife. 10. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.
Anyone familiar with the Bible knows that Gods people have always been illustrated as God's wife in the Bible's prophecy. As a bride. That is the first clue and it is the one most people notice right away when they read these chapters. When did this change? So that now a physical city is being represented as the bride, the lambs wife? It didn't.

In Galatians 4:26-27 The Apostle Paul declares Isaiah 54 to be a prophecy about the New Jerusalem.
1 Sing, O barren, you that did not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, you that did not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, said the LORD..... 5 For your Maker is your husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and your Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.....11 O you afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay your stones with fair colors, and lay your foundations with sapphires. 12 And I will make your windows of agates, and your gates of carbuncles, and all your borders of pleasant stones.
Hello D M. Great thread and post.

What is your take on the "Queen who is not a widow" in Revelation? Note the mention of Jezebel who was the wife of the wicked King of Israel........
[I am of the view it could be 1st century OC Jerusalem and the Temple. Anti-type of the NC New Jerusalem and Saints]

She who sits as queen, not widow, never mourns

The Great City/Harlot/Queen Revelation chapts 17-19

Revelation 2:20
But I am having against thou much.
That thou suffer the Woman/Wife of thee, Jezebel, the One saying herself a prophetess to be
and She is teaching and deceiving My bond-slaves to prostitute and to be eating idol-sacrifices.

Revelation 17:
6 And I saw the Woman being drunk with the blood of the Saints, and with the blood of the Witnesses of Jesus.
And having seen Her, I marvel<2296> with great wonder .
18 And the Woman <1135> whom thou saw is being the great City, having kingship over the kings of the land.”

Revelation 18:7
“In the measure that She glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give Her torment and sorrow;
for She says in her heart, I sit as Queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.'
=====================
Lam 1:1
How deserted lies the City, once so full of people! How like a widow is she, who once was great among the nations!
She who was Queen among the provinces has now become a slave.
================================
She is Mentioned in only 1 and 2 Kings of the OT and 1 verse in the NT.

1 Kings 18:
1 And it came to pass after many days that the word of the LORD came to Elijah, in the third year, saying, “Go, present yourself to Ahab, and I will send rain on the earth.”
4 For so it was, while Jezebel massacred the prophets of the LORD,
that Obadiah had taken one hundred prophets and hidden them, fifty to a cave, and had fed them with bread and water.)

2 Kings 9:36
Therefore they came back and told him. And he said,
“This is the word of the LORD, which He spoke by His servant Elijah the Tishbite, saying,
On the plot of ground at Jezreel dogs shall eat the flesh of Jezebel;[fn]
‘and the corpse of Jezebel shall be as refuse on the surface of the field, in the plot at Jezreel, so that they shall not say, “Here lies Jezebel.” ' ”

Kindgdom Bible Studies Revelation Series

The church in Thyatira has a longer message delivered to it from Jesus Christ than any of the seven churches,...................

JEZEBEL
There is one name in the Bible that no parents would think to give to their daughter, and that name is Jezebel.
The name Jezebel sweeps across the pages of the Bible. The typical Jezebel of the Old Testament was the daughter of Ethbaal, king of Tyre and Sidon. The name Ethbaal means “with Baal.”
Prior to becoming king, Ethbaal was a priest to the goddess...

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 John 2:18
"Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour."

Bravo!
That's what I call concrete scriptural PROOF that it's NOT the end times now.

• Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Whats weird about that is, if you see Him then, and point and say to me "Look! there's Jesus", the Bible instructs me NOT to believe you...
Matthew 24:23

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Bravo!
That's what I call concrete scriptural PROOF that it's NOT the end times now.
You're right. It would have been clearer if he had said it was the last minute.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

What is your take on the "Queen who is not a widow" in Revelation? Note the mention of Jezebel who was the wife of the wicked King of Israel........
[I am of the view it could be 1st century OC Jerusalem and the Temple. Anti-type of the NC New Jerusalem and Saints]

That thou suffer the Woman/Wife of thee, Jezebel, the One saying herself a prophetess to be
and She is teaching and deceiving My bond-slaves to prostitute and to be eating idol-sacrifices.

Revelation 17:
6 And I saw the Woman being drunk with the blood of the Saints, and with the blood of the Witnesses of Jesus.
18 And the Woman <1135> whom thou saw is being the great City, having kingship over the kings of the land.”

“In the measure that She glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give Her torment and sorrow;
for She says in her heart, I sit as Queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.'
=====================
How deserted lies the City, once so full of people! How like a widow is she, who once was great among the nations!

1 Kings 18:
1 And it came to pass after many days that the word of the LORD came to Elijah, in the third year, saying, “Go, present yourself to Ahab, and I will send rain on the earth.”
that Obadiah had taken one hundred prophets and hidden them, fifty to a cave, and had fed them with bread and water.)

“This is the word of the LORD, which He spoke by His servant Elijah the Tishbite, saying,
‘and the corpse of Jezebel shall be as refuse on the surface of the field, in the plot at Jezreel, so that they shall not say, “Here lies Jezebel.” ' ”

The church in Thyatira has a longer message delivered to it from Jesus Christ than any of the seven churches,...................

JEZEBEL
There is one name in the Bible that no parents would think to give to their daughter, and that name is Jezebel.
The name Jezebel sweeps across the pages of the Bible. The typical Jezebel of the Old Testament was the daughter of Ethbaal, king of Tyre and Sidon. The name Ethbaal means “with Baal.”

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Revelation 17:

=====================

1 Kings 18:

JEZEBEL

Thanks for the compliment.

The harlot of Babylon is the city of Rome. The Babylonian priesthood\Religion, its system of state imposed idolatry was banished by the Medo-Persian empire under Daniels influnce. They migrated and found refuge in Pergamos. That was their Head Pontiff dwelled. (where Satan's seat is. ) They also migrated to Rome and were the influnce behind the Roman religion and form of state imposed idolatry. Later when Rome conquered Pergamos. The city of Rome then became the headquarters of the Babylonian religion. The place where the Head Pontiff has his seat and the college of the pontiffs was located. When Julius Caesar did not attain to emperor he became the Head Pontiff of the Roman Religion. Mark Antony was the last Head Pontiff. Then when Octavian became Romes first emperor. All titles previously held by different individuals in the republic were now placed on the emperor. He became the head Pontiff. When Roman Emperors began to claim Christianity. They renounced this title out of embarrassment. Very fascinating history.

Now I am fully aware that the Preterists disagree with me vehemently on this. They think the harlot is Jerusalem. Although there are parts of the sentence that could describe Jerusalem. The whole does not especially since it was the city of Rome reining over the kings of the earth not Jerusalem. But more than that. The four horseman of Revelation 6 are the four empirea in the book of Daniel. Revelation 6:9-7:8 is the prophecy in the Book of Revelation about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. The 144,000 illustrate the believers who escaped the wrath on Judea. Revelation 7:9-16 is a prophecy of the great harvest of souls in the Roman empire. After that the judgements are directed at the city of Rome and then later the entire empire for its murder of the saints.

This prophecy repeats itself three times in Revelation. In Revelation 13 the four animal illustration is once more the four gentile empires in Daniel. The beast that follows it that looked like a lamb with two horns but spoke like a dragon is a prophecy of the dividing of the Roman Empire into an eastern and western branch. That is what the two horns illustrate. The fact that it looked like a lamb illustrates the claims of Christianity of the empire at that point. Spoke like a dragon goes without saying. Revelation chapter 14:1-5 is a repeat of the the 144,000 illustrating the believers escape from the judgment in Judea. Then like the previous prophecies in Revelation it goes on to prophesy about the great harvest of souls in the Roman Empire that followed Judea's destruction and then the great judgements against the city of Rome.
Now to my point. What I was getting at by going through that timeline of prophetic events Revelation. The great harlot is within the portion of the timeline about the destruction of the city of Rome. It is not within the timeline of Revelation about the destruction of Jerusalem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The harlot of Babylon is the city of Rome. The Babylonian priesthood\Religion, its system of state imposed idolatry was banished by the Medo-Persian empire under Daniels influnce. They migrated and found refuge in Pergamos. That was their Head Pontiff dwelled. (where Satan's seat is. ) They also migrated to Rome and were the influnce behind the Roman religion and form of state imposed idolatry. Later when Rome conquered Pergamos. The city of Rome then became the headquarters of the Babylonian religion. The place where the Head Pontiff has his seat and the college of the pontiffs was located. When Julius Caesar did not attain to emperor he became the Head Pontiff of the Roman Religion. Mark Antony was the last Head Pontiff. Then when Octavian became Romes first emperor. All titles previously held by different individuals in the republic were now placed on the emperor. He became the head Pontiff. When Roman Emperors began to claim Christianity. They renounced this title out of embarrassment. Very fascinating history.

Now I am fully aware that the Preterists disagree with me vehemently on this. They think the harlot is Jerusalem. Although there are parts of the sentence that could describe Jerusalem. The whole does not especially since it was the city of Rome reining over the kings of the earth not Jerusalem. But more than that. The four horseman of Revelation 6 are the four empirea in the book of Daniel. Revelation 6:9-7:8 is the prophecy in the Book of Revelation about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. The 144,000 illustrate the believers who escaped the wrath on Judea. Revelation 7:9-16 is a prophecy of the great harvest of souls in the Roman empire. After that the judgements are directed at the city of Rome and then later the entire empire for its murder of the saints.

This prophecy repeats itself three times in Revelation. In Revelation 13 the four animal illustration is once more the four gentile empires in Daniel. The beast that follows it that looked like a lamb with two horns but spoke like a dragon is a prophecy of the dividing of the Roman Empire into an eastern and western branch. That is what the two horns illustrate. The fact that it looked like a lamb illustrates the claims of Christianity of the empire at that point. Spoke like a dragon goes without saying. Revelation chapter 14:1-5 is a repeat of the the 144,000 illustrating the believers escape from the judgment in Judea. Then like the previous prophecies in Revelation it goes on to prophesy about the great harvest of souls in the Roman Empire that followed Judea's destruction and then the great judgements against the city of Rome.
Now to my point. What I was getting at by going through that timeline of prophetic events Revelation. The great harlot is within the portion of the timeline about the destruction of the city of Rome. It is not within the timeline of Revelation about the destruction of Jerusalem.
How historically Protestant of you to say such a thing!

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How historically Protestant of you to say such a thing!
I take it you don’t like the fact that Julius Caesar and Mark Antony held the title of Head Pontiff and that there was a college of the Pontiffs. (Not a college of the Cardinals)
Sorry, plain old history. Look it up.
Pontifex maximus - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I take it you don’t like the fact that Julius Caesar and Mark Antony held the title of Head Pontiff and that there was a college of the Pontiffs. (Not a college of the Cardinals)
Sorry, plain old history. Look it up.
Pontifex maximus - Wikipedia
Of course. They were the heads of the city that sits on seven hills among the sons of perdition which sit in the temple of God

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One cannot be confident of anything. Jesus said he would come when you don't expect Him to. So don't look for signs and portents but live as if He is already here now. Which of course He is.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Don't be silly. How can anyone learn what is not known.
Any suggested date or extended period for the 2nd coming is because we do not know the date automaticly wrong.
Then there are some on this forum say He already came back. I suppose they think He comes a third time also..

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course. They were the heads of the city that sits on seven hills among the sons of perdition which sit in the temple of God
Oh, sorry. I thought you were offended.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0