Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then why does the Bible say that God raised Jesus from the dead in Acts 2:24, Acts 10:40, and Acts 13:30?
Because god in heaven rose the manifestation of himself in flesh it's not hard to understand. The timonthy verse you mentioned earlier itself even says god was in flesh in the KJV version

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Because god in heaven rose the manifestation of himself in flesh it's not hard to understand. The timonthy verse you mentioned earlier itself even says god was in flesh in the KJV version

You're not a Trinitarian are you?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What is the reason for justification of Jesus who himself is God.. Justification is relative term and first person can justify second person and second person can justify first person. But one person cannot justify himself.. And if one is God, He cant justify Himself.. Hence there is no question of justification

From John 1:1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not.

So you're saying that the man Jesus was never formally recognized as being righteous?

Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus has always been righteous. But the significant thing for us and our salvation is that he was justified as a man. This required him to live a perfectly sinless life, start to finish, as a man.
Then what stopped Jesus from dying as a baby? That would still have Him being sinless for "life, start to finish", would it not?

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Just like God the Son was willing to come down and live the life that we are expected to live, subject to Gods will, he was also willing to experience the death that man is expected to pass through. The entire incarnation was an act of Love for his creation AND a requirement for sovereignty of his own co-creation.

Man finds it difficult to swallow his pride, receive forgiveness and in turn forgive and love others; the pre-cross gospel. Pauls theoretical, short cut version, just belive that Jesus was an acceptable, clean sacrifice, is much easier.
“He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the Lord. Prov. 17:15.

How could the Father do what is very clearly called an abomination to Him?

There is only one way. It is for the Lord Jesus to bear the sin of His elect as though it were His own. He died as a sinner.

Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you're saying that the man Jesus was never formally recognized as being righteous?

He was recognized to be righteous because he was born as human being.. Just to be justified to human beings when it comes to His earthly life.. But as Jesus is God Himself, there is no question of justification or righteousness when it comes to His eternal life

• Agree
Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This, my son, is the origin of your problems.
I mean if you want to believe one person or figure of the god head got the other one killed and then rose him up again suit yourself. Sounds crazy logically though when you think about it

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Then what stopped Jesus from dying as a baby? That would still have Him being sinless for "life, start to finish", would it not?

I don't think so. He needed to mature through all the stages of life, being tempted by every kind of sin, in order to represent all mankind as a merciful and faithful high priest (Hebrews 2:17-18).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
He was recognized to be righteous because he was born as human being.. Just to be justified to human beings.. But as Jesus is God Himself, there is no question of justification or righteousness

So it doesn't matter that Jesus obeyed God as a man during his earthly life?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I think that the question of this OP has exposed more theological problems in the modern Christian psyche than any I've ever seen.

This question tests...
  1. Your belief in the Trinity
  2. Your beliefs about the importance of God's Law
  3. Your beliefs about what it means to be justified
  4. Your beliefs about the person and work of Christ
I could go on...

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You ask good questions.

Pauls writings and teachings dominate the New Trstament because Paul dominated the post-cross Christian movement. Because of Pauls popularity, the Gentile world heard about Jesus by way of Paul. People hung on Pauls every word! Even Pauls letters of corospondance to the churches became "scripture". Some of the other original apostles parted ways and went on into the world carrying the gospel as they understood it. Paul was sincere! All in! He meant well! But we have to realize that Paul was not Christ! Christianity is largely a gospel about Jesus according to Pauls own conclusions. We've largely lost the original gospel of Jesus' inspiring and triumphant life as a human obedient to Gods will.
I see. Your problem is that you don't believe the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Because a gallon can't fit into a quart! God can only expect so much out of his kids. What would God do??? Jesus flat out stood before them and preached for three years! His own apostles were constantly baffled by him! They were in doubt and demoralized after his death, but then comes the resurrection! So what's the greatest thing they could think of at the moment of his departure to heaven and the outpouring of the spirit of truth???? The most spectacular miracle of all miracles!

I have no idea how that answers my question. How could God left us all go astray by having Paul's writings included in the Bible???

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean?

What I mean is that Jesus is the divine Son of God, part of the godhead. He is justified in the same way that the Father and the Holy Spirit are justified: by being the divine godhead, he/they are the DEFINITION of what "just" IS.

Being God, Jesus is the definition of just. Therefore, how is Jesus "justified"? By his divinity he is just by definition - he is the standard by which that which is right and just is measured.

Put another way, what is a kilogram? It is a specific object, the IPK - the "International Prototype of the Kilogram". This is a physical object whose weight is DEFINED as "1 kg". It is the scale. Everything else is measured against that. IT isn't measured against anything. It is defined as the kilogram, and is the standard to which everything else is calibrated.

So, to put it plainly, Jesus is perfect and doesn't HAVE to be justified, because he is the standard to which all other humans are compared.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You can just look at the greek. The word is dikaioō.

Ok, how was Jesus justified by the grace and mercy he showed sinners and contempt he showed to the self righteous:

(G1344 - dikaioō δικαιόω) To render righteous or such he ought to be. To show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered. To declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be.​

How did the wisdom of grace justified? They repented, his critics did not:

The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified G1344 of her children. (Matt. 11:19)​

How was God justified by the preaching and baptism of John? They repented:

And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified G1344 God, being baptized with the baptism of John. (Luke 7:29)​

Why does justifying yourself make you unrighteous? Repentance justifies God, self righteousness make people conceited and hardened in sin:

But he, willing to justify G1344 himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbor? (Luke 10:29)​

And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify G1344 yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. (Luke 16:15)​

When you pray God have mercy on me a sinner, it provokes God's mercy and grace, and glorifies God rather then your own bloated ego.

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified G1344 rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. (Luke 18:14)​

This one has long been my primary proof text for justification by faith. Peter preaches the gospel to the Gentiles, saying that all the prophets speak of him and that:

by him all that believe are justified G1344 from all things, from which ye could not be justified G1344 by the law of Moses. (Acts 13:39)
I think the question of the OP has been answered. Opinions vary I suppose.

What I mean is that Jesus is the divine Son of God, part of the godhead. He is justified in the same way that the Father and the Holy Spirit are justified: by being the divine godhead, he/they are the DEFINITION of what "just" IS.

Being God, Jesus is the definition of just. Therefore, how is Jesus "justified"? By his divinity he is just by definition - he is the standard by which that which is right and just is measured.

Put another way, what is a kilogram? It is a specific object, the IPK - the "International Prototype of the Kilogram". This is a physical object whose weight is DEFINED as "1 kg". It is the scale. Everything else is measured against that. IT isn't measured against anything. It is defined as the kilogram, and is the standard to which everything else is calibrated.

So, to put it plainly, Jesus is perfect and doesn't HAVE to be justified, because he is the standard to which all other humans are compared.

In that sense God is shown to be just, thus justified:

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou might be justified G1344 in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged.

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier G1344 of him which believeth in Jesus. (Romans 3:4; 3:26)​

To make 'righteous' δίκαιος (G1342), that is, ‘to render righteous or as he ought to be; (Vulgate justifico)... is extremely rare, if not altogether doubtful (Thayer's Greek Lexicon). Justified doesn't mean Jesus or God is made righteous, it means proven to be righteous throughout the New Testament and the Septuagint.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think so. He needed to mature through all the stages of life, being tempted by every kind of sin, in order to represent all mankind as a merciful and faithful high priest (Hebrews 2:17-18).
That's it? "I don't think so"? Not much of an argument.

Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So it doesn't matter that Jesus obeyed God as a man during his earthly life?

He obeyed each and every word of God and hence justified as human being.. He was crucified for our sins as per will of Father God.. He lived as human being as per Father God's will.. How difficult it is to survive as human beings after coming from heaven..A person can go to heaven from earth but it's impossible for any person to come to earth from heaven and live as human being.. And Jesus is one and only person and God who came to earth from heaven and live with us as human.. He obeyed each and every commandment of Father though He Himself is God just to set example to other human beings ..

Remember Father God cursed Moses for hitting stone second time where stone itself is a representation of Jesus

Jesus lived as human being.. Otherwise there is no need to fast for 40 days

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

How do you square this with the fact that Jesus was made perfect during his earthly life? Hebrews 5:8-10.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
He obeyed each and every word of God and hence justified as human being.. He was crucified for our sins as per will of Father God.. He lived as human being as per Father God's will.. How difficult it is to survive as human beings after coming for heaven..A person can go to heaven from earth but it's impossible for any person to come to earth from heaven and live as human being.. And Jesus is one and only person and God who came to earth from heaven and live with us as human.. He obeyed each and every commandment of Father though He Himself is God just to set example to other human beings ..

Remember Father God cursed Moses for hitting stone second time where stone itself is a representation of Jesus

Jesus lived as human being.. Otherwise there is no need to fast for 40 days

Was Jesus perfect life just an example for us? Or was it something more?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.