✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Any thoughts? Thank you.
Be occupied in and with the "things of the Spirit" continually and you will not (cause you will be too busy with good things) to walk in or fulfill the desires of the flesh...

Thing like, Love, grace, mercy, truth, hope ,faith, joy, happiness, fulfillment, satisfaction bliss... The list goes on and on... Whatever, is good, just, wholesome, holy, noble, right and good, in virtuous things, or whatever is praiseworthy, Or worthy of good report, or worthy of virtue, or true, lasting value...

Some of them in this list: Morality, good and bad, right and wrong, Ethics, Virtues...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Be occupied in and with the "things of the Spirit" continually and you will not (cause you will be too busy with good things) to walk in or fulfill the desires of the flesh...

Thing like, Love, grace, mercy, truth, hope ,faith, joy, happiness, fulfillment, satisfaction bliss... The list goes on and on... Whatever, is good, just, wholesome, holy, right and good, in virtuous things, or whatever is praiseworthy, or worthy of virtue, or true, lasting value...

Some of them in this list: Morality, good and bad, right and wrong, Ethics, Virtues...
Thank you. These forums can lead us into carnal works of flesh, such as division, dissension, discord disputes over unnecessary things, imo. Would you agree? If so how do we not stumble while engaging in these "discussions"?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you. These forums can lead us into carnal works of flesh, such as division, dissension, discord disputes over unnecessary things, imo. Would you agree? If so how do we not stumble while engaging in these "discussions"?
Know what's important, and what's not, and just ignore the unimportant stuff, or pointless, or futile stuff, and concentrate on the stuff that is, or is not (important)...

That's what I try to do anyway, but am not yet perfect in it/that yet either...

Pray and talk to and with God about when think you have, or are, or "you is" making a mistake...

And repent of it/that and change it...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well, maybe just wait before hitting post if someone got you mad and then go back and edit. XD

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, maybe just wait before hitting post if someone got you mad and then go back and edit. XD
There is a time and place for certain kinds of anger, over certain things though... Times when it should be expressed and (made) known...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a time and place for certain kinds of anger, over certain things though... Times when it should be expressed and (made) known...

God Bless!

How dare you contradict my post! :)

I agree. But in those times it is better to choose words wisely. We always have to remember why we are bothering to respond in the first place. It is usually to impact the thinking of others. A powerful true statement cuts deeper than a clever retort.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I agree. But in those times it is better to choose words wisely. We always have to remember why we are bothering to respond in the first place. It is usually to impact the thinking of others. A powerful true statement cuts deeper than a clever retort.
Yes, you do have to very, very careful, very careful... And wise, like you say... And humble about it... And very controlled, and in control, and not out of control...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I was thinking about God, and how how many people think it is or was wrong of God to get, or be, or express his anger...

But, it was and is not, when he does it...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking about God, and how how many people think it is or was wrong of God to get, or be, or express his anger...

But, it was and is not, when he does it...

God Bless!

Well...

I'm certainly not going to to tell Him He's wrong XD
(sorry, having a silly moment)

I was listening to Deuteronomy today. And I have to admit, when i heard some of his judgements, and killing man, woman, and child, it never occurred to me that God was wrong. But I did think, wow, I forgot how gangsta God can be. XD

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well...

I'm certainly not going to to tell Him He's wrong XD
(sorry, having a silly moment)

I was listening to Deuteronomy today. And I have to admit, when i heard some of his judgements, and killing man, woman, and child, it never occurred to me that God was wrong. But I did think, wow, I forgot how gangsta God can be. XD
That is one of things about God that stumbles many and keeps them from believing in him as a holy God...

There are explanations for this, but many don't care to want to hear it/them...

Sad,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trust in God that He knows what is best for you. Don’t worry and when times get hard and your facing trials use that as an opportunity to show God that you do trust in Him and you will be strong in your faith even thru the hard times.

Help those in need give to your brothers & sisters who are less fortunate. After you give to someone in need say God bless you brother so they know who to thank. By doing this you give glory to God. That person will know that you were sent by God to help them in their time of need.

Be compassionate and be a light to others who are still in darkness. Don’t be afraid to speak about the good news to nonbelievers. If they reject it don’t think anything on it. Just stay compassionate and continue to be a light in your actions. Don’t try to force the gospel on people who aren’t interested. By doing so you can cause a defensive reaction and push them farther away from Christ.

Don’t indulge in sin. Don’t allow peers to pressure you into it and don’t sin to be accepted by others. Refrain from sinful jokes. Don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd. Be proud of your love and devotion to God but don’t boast about it. Don’t act like your better than nonbelievers or other Christians who stumble. Be humble.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Trust in God that He knows what is best for you. Don’t worry and when times get hard and your facing trials use that as an opportunity to show God that you do trust in Him and you will be strong in your faith even thru the hard times.

Help those in need give to your brothers & sisters who are less fortunate. After you give to someone in need say God bless you brother so they know who to thank. By doing this you give glory to God. That person will know that you were sent by God to help them in their time of need.

Be compassionate and be a light to others who are still in darkness. Don’t be afraid to speak about the good news to nonbelievers. If they reject it don’t think anything on it. Just stay compassionate and continue to be a light in your actions. Don’t try to force the gospel on people who aren’t interested. By doing so you can cause a defensive reaction and push them farther away from Christ.

Don’t indulge in sin. Don’t allow peers to pressure you into it and don’t sin to be accepted by others. Refrain from sinful jokes. Don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd. Be proud of your love and devotion to God but don’t boast about it. Don’t act like your better than nonbelievers or other Christians who stumble. Be humble.
Like this post a lot, good advice and words for us humans...

Thanks,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, he didn't want the minds of the people to be infected. And when they did leave some of the people in the land, those people ended up corrupting Israel with their false gods and Israel ended up falling into the same wicked sins as the people who were destroyed because of their wickedness. So history proved He was right. But His judgement is a terrible thing.

I once had a relative who said to me, "How do you feel about serving a God that committed genocide to remove the people from the land of Israel?"

I responded, "Genocide? He took out the whole planet. He is who He is and I'm on his side. Who's side are you on?"

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Absolutely brother!! People who Act like this should just recognize that I am right and just leave it at that. Lol ^_^

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And might I add? Don't take things personally. I tend to 'get into word trouble' when I get too close to a subject... and that means I'm not leaving it to God and I'm trying to fix things myself. Now I do have a ministry here to help keep the site enjoyable for all... and there are those who find offense with my very being here... it's very difficult to rise above the fray all the time...

but that verse quoted is the very best imo not for judging others, but of my own edification :)

Think on These Things
Philippians 4: 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think on these things. 9Whatever you have learned and received and heard from me, and seen in me, put these things into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.…
Berean Study Bible

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And might I add? Don't take things personally. I tend to 'get into word trouble' when I get too close to a subject... and that means I'm not leaving it to God and I'm trying to fix things myself. Now I do have a ministry here to help keep the site enjoyable for all... and there are those who find offense with my very being here... it's very difficult to rise above the fray all the time...

but that verse quoted is the very best imo not for judging others, but of my own edification :)

Think on These Things
Philippians 4: 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think on these things. 9Whatever you have learned and received and heard from me, and seen in me, put these things into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.…
Berean Study Bible
Thanks for the reply. :)

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Walking in the Spirit requires us to actively practice and be involved in communing with God and listening and allowing the Holy Spirit to direct our path. It requires a desire to be immersed in God's love and a willingness to submit to Him in all things. Little by little He increases and I decrease

Philippians 4:7-9
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

How do we know as Christians what is true or noble or right or pure? Do we follow a rulebook like wooden soldiers or do we go through the process of allowing the Spirit to guide us? Learning how to hear the Spirit and choosing to follow that leading brings peace and joy because we are no longer controlling our lives but allowing God to do the driving.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The result of walking in the Spirit, being willing to submit to the leading of the Spirit, is the fruit. Just as a garden and orchard need care, cultivation, pruning, good soil so also our lives need to be lives in an intentional, focused manner. God's love never fails, that is why we must be filled up on a regular basis. It's not through our own efforts or our own love that holiness comes to, it's through time spent with God.

Sometimes it hard not to get sucked into the muck of dissensions and disputes. The flesh loves the muck. It's heady and prideful and loud.

How not to stumble? Read over your reply before posting...count to 10 and read it again. Delete and change when directed. Think about the effect of your words on those who will be watching. It's the internet, so there are no voice inflections, no facial expression (unless you count emoji's) that are so vital to communication. Be ready to stop or pull out when it is becoming futile. Pray for the thread and the discussion.

With all things, value and respect others on the board, even if you don't agree with them. Other Christians are a part of the body of Christ, children of the living God and our brothers and sisters. Even though there are different levels of understand, we are all (hopefully) walking in the same direction.

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.2 Timothy 3:1-5

Now let me say, I have times of being proud, ungrateful, unforgiving and without self-control. All of us struggle with some of this.

BUT....sometimes it's a little unnerving how many Christians on this forum seemingly flaunt some of these qualities and are not sorry about it, they just seem to keep plowing ahead. So even though I read a lot here, there are many I back away from and just watch from a distance. What is the point of continuing a conversation with someone who just wants to bray for the sake of braying?

Upvote 0