Cebu
✟17,309.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I'm Jan, 35, and my last relationship was about five years ago. I wanted that to work out but it just didn't. It was only last year that I have totally moved on and was ready to date again. I don't date just for the sake of it so I waited until I was ready. I am not really picky with men but there are qualities that I look for in potential husband. I have tried online dating too but it seems not working out for me. I am starting to question what's wrong with me. So, I'd like to know how do you patiently wait for your partner in life?

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I simply recognize that there are people my age who have gone through a divorce, or who will go through a divorce. I'd rather not marry at all than go through that. So as bad as it may be to not have gotten married yet, things could easily be much worse.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some ways in which I try to wait for the one God has planned for me is to take the advice of others who have had successful marriages and also stay active pursuing other interests until that day comes along. I've often found self evaluating myself is good only when it comes to terms of being myself who I want to find in another. Beating myself up never serves any purpose. I just want to rest in Christ, knowing it's his work and timing.

Best wishes to you, OP. And welcome to the the forum!

Upvote 0

Jgirl35

May 24, 2017
Cebu
✟17,309.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I simply recognize that there are people my age who have gone through a divorce, or who will go through a divorce. I'd rather not marry at all than go through that. So as bad as it may be to not have gotten married yet, things could easily be much worse.
Thanks. Yeah, I now remember 1 Cor 7:25-40.

Upvote 0

Jgirl35

May 24, 2017
Cebu
✟17,309.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some ways in which I try to wait for the one God has planned for me is to take the advice of others who have had successful marriages and also stay active pursuing other interests until that day comes along. I've often found self evaluating myself is good only when it comes to terms of being myself who I want to find in another. Beating myself up never serves any purpose. I just want to rest in Christ, knowing it's his work and timing.

Best wishes to you, OP. And welcome to the the forum!

Thanks for sharing, Bortsss. :)

Upvote 0

@Rudolph

Jun 29, 2017
Margate
✟9,220.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I'm Jan, 35, and my last relationship was about five years ago. I wanted that to work out but it just didn't. It was only last year that I have totally moved on and was ready to date again. I don't date just for the sake of it so I waited until I was ready. I am not really picky with men but there are qualities that I look for in potential husband. I have tried online dating too but it seems not working out for me. I am starting to question what's wrong with me. So, I'd like to know how do you patiently wait for your partner in life?
Hi Jan, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you ;)
Ask and you shall receive. Waiting for the God "given" partner is tough, I know. Best way to describe it is as follows:
Will you settle for a Volkswagen Beetle when you have ordered a Ferrari? Definitely not ...
Asking God for the right God "chosen" partner is a bit like waiting for the Ferrari that you've ordered.

God will give you a God fearing man :boy: , not a worldly man. A man that puts God first, Christ second and you third ...

The bonuses of a God fearing man is: He will not cheat, lie or abuse you :) he will treat you in a way Christ cherish his bride... Loving, kind, forgiving ...

Hang in there and do not settle for the Volkswagen :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jgirl35

May 24, 2017
Cebu
✟17,309.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ask and you shall receive. Waiting for the God "given" partner is tough, I know. Best way to describe it is as follows:
Will you settle for a Volkswagen Beetle when you have ordered a Ferrari? Definitely not ...
Asking God for the right God "chosen" partner is a bit like waiting for the Ferrari that you've ordered.

God will give you a God fearing man :boy: , not a worldly man. A man that puts God first, Christ second and you third ...

The bonuses of a God fearing man is: He will not cheat, lie or abuse you :) he will treat you in a way Christ cherish his bride... Loving, kind, forgiving ...

I like the analogy you gave. Thank you, Rudolph.

Reactions: @Rudolph
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I took a break from online dating, you should try Meetup.com. It's not a dating site, but a site where people meet for certain activities.

I.e. Dining out groups, Hiking/Outdoor Meetups, Movie Meetups, board game meetups, etc.

There are also Christian singles Meetups out there. Where I live, it's more of a baby boomer crowd for some reason though.

Some may say, "You shouldn't use Meetup as a place to meet singles", but I beg to differ as this was my only social avenue of meeting others, considering where I live. I live ina smaller area, so I commute about an hour to these events.

You're meeting people face-to-face, and it's organic.

Hello Jgirl!
I would like to know you!
I'm Gabriel and i'm 40 years old. :)

Or you could meet guys in this fashion, on a message board. lol

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The problem lies in recognizing that you may well be a Volkswagen and will not settle for anything less than a Ferrari...

I'm more of a Chevy suburban and was looking for a BMW coupe. I have since learned to accept that I'm a Chevy suburban and should either change into more of a Lexus SUV or be happy with another suburban.

Enough with the car analogies... LOL.

I have been to Cebu. Back when Mount Pinatubo erupted I was part of a rescue mission to transport survivors from up North down to Cebu.

• Haha
Reactions: pinbackbsc04
Upvote 0

GracefulGalPal

He always forgives and never forgets.
Dec 18, 2017
Olympia
✟19,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I want to have a husband too. I haven't dated in years because every time I tried they would always try to use me. I think we shouldn't give up though! There are wonderful people on this earth. Condemning them all as fakes is terrible. I wish you luck!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You naturally do what you love to do and also learn to take up new hobbies that you now have time to do because you are not in a committed relationship. Hiking, rock climbing, etc. Overtime as you are having fun and enjoying life you may find someone along the way who has better qualities that your ex did not have.

Reactions: Heartofsilver
Upvote 0

jovanovic

Jun 13, 2017
malmö
✟9,951.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to have a husband too. I haven't dated in years because every time I tried they would always try to use me. I think we shouldn't give up though! There are wonderful people on this earth. Condemning them all as fakes is terrible. I wish you luck!

What do you mean with "try to use me"?

Upvote 0

Unseen Real

Apr 12, 2018
West Coast of the US
✟7,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is very hard not to be desperate for a mate. Even if your past partners were horrible, we still hope that next time it will be OK. If we live in the past and are too suspicious or critical, things can get very lonely for us.
Personally, I am a sucker for being stuck with the wrong person, but I still will give it a try because I will be a long time dead. I do not like regrets due to inactivity. So I would rather love and loose than to never love at all.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is very hard not to be desperate for a mate. Even if your past partners were horrible, we still hope that next time it will be OK. If we live in the past and are too suspicious or critical, things can get very lonely for us.
Personally, I am a sucker for being stuck with the wrong person, but I still will give it a try because I will be a long time dead. I do not like regrets due to inactivity. So I would rather love and loose than to never love at all.

Wow, that was so eloquently put. A woman I saw had a father (now in his 70s) that's been married/divorced 4 times. I was kind of shocked why even bother after marriage #2...she simply replied that was just hoping for the one, and he doesn't like being alone.

Not condoning one should marry/divorce multiple times, but it is a good example to your post.

Upvote 0