How to trust God when life never seem to improve?

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am just asking for a life that I can feel like living without wanting to end it because it hurt so much. I've asked for direction so many times, and asked for good things to come into my path, and I've asked to change into something better, but I haven't seen much of that.

Your life is a product, of your decisions. What would you have God do? Buy you out of this life and start over? Why would he if you haven't learned from your past mistakes, because you are holding you life for ransom? Like I said before God's ultimate goal is where you spend eternity, not for you immediate happiness, or your Idea of what easy burden or a light yoke is.

I know what triggered this recent down swing of emotions, and i warned you that if your willing to "live by a dream, then be prepared to live with the consequences." These feelings your having, with your world comming apart, are those consequences.. But know those consequences can be like a double bladed sword if you let it.. On one end they cut, and cause pain, but if you learn from your mistakes then, the razors edge your experiencing can also shape your spiritual life.. that is if your willing to seek Jesus in all of this.

So I have figured out that it have to be 1 of the 3 things:
Jesus also figured out some ways to described our hearts in the story of the sower, in Mt.13:

3Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.

18"Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. 22The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. 23But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

Which little seed of faith best describes your heart, your faith? Remember this story was given a couple thousand years ago, and when Jesus told it, it was as if he had you in mind. If you have found yourself in the heat of the mid-day sun, don't ask God to take the sun away, ask him to help you break up that rocky heart, so you can put down some real roots that you may endure your hardships.. Hardships are apart of true Christianity, Look at what the disciples when thru, look at Paul and his followers, look at the church in the first few hundred years.. If God didnot spare them, then why should he spare you? Hardships Make us Stronger in our faiths, so why ask God to excuse us from this part of our relationship with him? We should ask God to fortify us and help us endure, our own mistakes, and any other trials he has planned for us. So we can grow strong in the faith!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ww2pigeon

Jul 21, 2008
Michigan
✟7,917.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sense God in always there and steadfast, I would have to ask myself why did I move a way from God? If I let it MY thinking get in the way of Gods will, I struggle. I find that everything around me is a little more harder, more frustrating, more darker, more sad........
God didn't say that our life would not have struggles and problems, He said come to me those that are weary and heavy burden and I will give you rest. Don't let your intelligence put and wedge between you and God.
I find when I shut the door on God's will, I open the door for Satan. I am Praying for you. :crossrc: In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

Bellicus

Account no longer in use
Jul 11, 2008
✟10,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry for all my depressed posts. I feel better now, went to the doctor and got some cough medicine with morphine and mixed with a valium it pulled me back to reality. My brain don't work very well right now, so I'll try to answer a bit later.

Guess I just complain so much because I want someone to care about me, usually feel all alone in the world with no one I can really talk to.

Upvote 0

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry for all my depressed posts. I feel better now, went to the doctor and got some cough medicine with morphine and mixed with a valium it pulled me back to reality. My brain don't work very well right now, so I'll try to answer a bit later.

Guess I just complain so much because I want someone to care about me, usually feel all alone in the world with no one I can really talk to.

Well I hope you feel better Bellicus :hug: :hug:

You have had some good responses, think about what was said, and continue to fill yourselves up with the things of God :thumbsup:

We may suffer alot but God works in great ways through them to shape us. For all that He has done through my hardships I praise the Lord that He didnt just give me a quick fix. And I have been through some tormenting moments in my life to say the least....

Upvote 0

wild@heart63

Oct 30, 2008
USA
✟15,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The blessing and truth of God is that He loves you and will never forsake you. Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path"

God is always there, and never is there anytime that you must do anything for any length of time to gain His favor or attention. If this was the case no one would ever be saved.

"Watch stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong, let all that you do be done in love" 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

"Finally my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might" Ephesians 6:10

"I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness but have the light of life" John 8:12

"If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, you will ask for you you desire and it will be done for you" John 15:7

The truth and promise of God is that if we follow Him and live for Him than we will have joy and peace and love. It is all about trusting in God and dying to self daily and striving to live for Christ. There are times it is hard, and it seems that nothing is going right. But all we need to do is hold on and hold out. Jesus Christ is there and He will never ever leave you or forsake you.

"And the LORD, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you. He will not leave you, nor forsake you; do not fear or be dismayed" Deuteronomy 31:8

God is there and He promises in Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart"

In Christ

John

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Bellicus. You are really wallowing in self-pity, and you also had some uplifting advice from some Christians. Don`t search the Bible for some words to fit your mood, go to Jesus. He gave us 2 Commandments, ( they include all 10 whih God gave us) 1) Love God with all your hearts, all your souls, and all your minds. He made us in His image, and He deserves all our Love and Praise. 2) Love each other as you love yourself, i.e. treat others as you want to be treated by others. If you sincerely try to do this, Bellicus, you will find that your life changes miraculously. It is not easy, especially at the beginning, it will take all your will-power, but once you are sincere and trust the Lord to help and guide you, you will find that it becomes easier and easier. People will treat you the same, Love has a habit of growing and growing, when evil thoughts enter you, become more loving and trusting Jesus. Remember He vanquished the Evil One, and all his minions. You will soon have the Joy and Peace only Jesus gives. Never give in Bellicus, and you will find that your life improves daily. Not until you try seriously, will your strenght grow from day to day. I say this humbly and with love, and send greetings. Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Bellicus

Account no longer in use
Jul 11, 2008
✟10,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear Bellicus. You are really wallowing in self-pity, and you also had some uplifting advice from some Christians. Don`t search the Bible for some words to fit your mood, go to Jesus. He gave us 2 Commandments, ( they include all 10 whih God gave us) 1) Love God with all your hearts, all your souls, and all your minds. He made us in His image, and He deserves all our Love and Praise. 2) Love each other as you love yourself, i.e. treat others as you want to be treated by others. If you sincerely try to do this, Bellicus, you will find that your life changes miraculously. It is not easy, especially at the beginning, it will take all your will-power, but once you are sincere and trust the Lord to help and guide you, you will find that it becomes easier and easier. People will treat you the same, Love has a habit of growing and growing, when evil thoughts enter you, become more loving and trusting Jesus. Remember He vanquished the Evil One, and all his minions. You will soon have the Joy and Peace only Jesus gives. Never give in Bellicus, and you will find that your life improves daily. Not until you try seriously, will your strenght grow from day to day. I say this humbly and with love, and send greetings. Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Thanks Emmy, you always have wise words. I know several have told me about my self-pity, so I am starting to understand that this is something I have a bad habit about and not something people just say to criticize, and something I should learn how to avoid, cause it don't help me at all. I think it got to do with depressions, but I am not sure how to avoid it.

Upvote 0

Mack7

One Word, One Truth, One God
Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
✟15,357.00
Faith
Word of Faith
[QUOTE]
How to trust God when life never seem to improve?
[/QUOTE]

Greetings and may God bless all who read. FAITH says, life can and always will improve with God. When adversity comes as it often does, it is this God given FAITH that we need to rely on. Instead we often panic because we do not have all of the answers and we assume we are sometimes being punished. Why would God first and foremost claim to love us as much as He says and then hurt us?

Our study of God's Word shows that those He loves like the children of Israel were punished so to speak because of their constant disobedience. How much more of that love is extended to us now that we have our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? If we know by FAITH that we are doing our best to serve our Heavenly Father in Spirit and in truth, then where does our trust in Him and allegiance lie? Do we run and self condemn ourselves? Do we turn our backs on the Lord when things heat up?

May God forbid us to. Or do we pray even harder for understanding through our trials and tribulations and resort to Gods Holy Word. If you know you are being true to the Lord then you can certainly expect Satan to do his job to deter you from this. It is written in Job 1:8, "And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and upright man, one that FEARETH(believes)God, and escheweth(avoids) evil?" Amen? Some things are allowed to happen that are meant to draw us closer to God. To learn to put our full TRUST in Him. This is why we must be extremely careful to stay in God's light.

We do not have all of the answers but FAITH in God tells us that He will and always makes a way for those who trust and love Him. It is also written in Psalms 23:4, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Amen? Do we believe this? Pray hard. Pray to God fervently for direction through your tribulations. Refer to God's Word when in the midst of trouble and remember what is written in Proverbs 3:5, "TRUST in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." God bless all. Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kellyc

Mar 23, 2005
✟8,839.00
Faith
Christian
bellicus, i haven't read everyone's answer to you here, so i am sorry if i say something repetitive.
first, i think you are a brilliant thoughtful person. i may not always agree with your ideas, but you express them very well and you have obviously done a lot of bible studying.
do you receive any type of counseling? i don't know how someone with an illness can get along in the world without medical help.
another thing that may sound harsh, but i apply it to my situation also: how much of the sadness in my life have i brought onto myself? for example, if i get into an ungodly relationship and it ends badly, did God really do that to me or did I choose it? if i am lonely, is it because i did not reach out to anyone or even leave my house, or did God want me to suffer by myself?
it's not God's doing when we paint ourselves into a corner. it's also not your fault if depression is part of your illnesses, but you are the one given the choice to do something to help yourself. i often wish God was like a magician who could hand me a perfect life if he wanted to (and why doesn't he, it really seems unfair!). but this is a fallen world, it has been given over to satan until such a time as God sees fit to take it back. we can't expect a perfect life in such an imperfect world.

do you think your life has any purpose? sometimes i don't, but really that's a lie of the devil. as a christian, one day you will stand before God without fault. that is huge my friend. i will pray for you, that your son will have an excellent dad who gives him a lot of attention and guidance, so when the time comes he will understand the kind of father/child relationship we share with God.

Jude 22-25 Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy-- to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Upvote 0