How to tell if someone has been targeted by a satanist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsburyJuke

Feb 19, 2004
✟8,123.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not sure if this is the right place to ask.. but I'm looking for people who know more about Christianity than I do who might have the answer!

A friend of mine recently asked one of her tenants to move out because she needs the space for her dad, and she chose to get rid of this particular girl because she is a 'little weird', and apparently into occultish things though we are unsure the extent. My friend is very loosely Christian as she still suffers from dependance on certain sins.

So anyway, this girl took the news she had to move out pretty badly and has been making excuses to stay, and last week my friend's dad found and killed a bat in her room, which hasn't happened before, she lives in Jersey. She spoke to a Muslim friend who got her worried by saying the bat could be the start of a "Hess" from this girl.

I'm just curious.. could a bat be a sign of demons being sent to her or did it just fly in coinidentally? Anyone have any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks ! :)

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
It is really difficult to know . .

If it were me, bat or not bat, I would ask a priest to come in and do an exorcism on the place and bless it . .

Just the fact that occultish activities occured there is enough to warrant this . .

I just spoke with someone I have known for years, a devote Catholic. She and her daughter and son moved into a large farmhouse about 10 years ago or so . . previously to that, it had belonged to someone who sought the advice and help of their spiritual ancestors . . they had not had the house or property blessed, and had given no real thought to the previous occupants religious activities . .

But strange things happened all the time . . she would hear the front door open and someone come in, footstepts . . she would run up the stairs thinking her daughter or son had come home . . no one was there . . these types of things happened regularly . . she discounted it as sounds in the house, but for anyone who has experienced this (as I have) the sounds are distinct and umistakable . .

She just purchased several small crucifixes and put them at certian points at windows and doors around the outside of the house . . these were small crucifixes and had been blessed by a preist (the blessing is very important) . . .

All the sounds immediately stopped . . and have not returned . .

My advices is even if she is not Catholic, has never been Catholic, to get a priest who does exorcisims to exorcise the apartment and then bless it . . if there is anything going on regarding a hex, this would deal with it too. :)

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

AsburyJuke

Feb 19, 2004
✟8,123.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks for the great advice !!

I should be staying with my friend this summer, and although it's tough because I don't want to scare her or make her think I have gone overboard with religion, 'cause although she believes in God she'd hardly want to hear about demons etc etc I will certainly suggest 'cleansing' even if it means me saying prayers.

Interesting that you mentioned noises etc, because my flat is very old and many people who have come here have heard noises on the stairs etc etc. As a child I had an irrational fear of dark and ghosts, who I think once came to me as a kid when I was small. Whether it was my imagination or not, it was pretty **** scary!

Since I rediscovered God and moved back properly this year, I have been throwing out so much stuff, books I deem to be harmful of God, plus all the stuff I stole when I was a teenager! Since then, and with the help of Gospel music and bibles, I have been way less freaked and there have been hardly any noises. I'm sure that once I get someone in to find all the remaining stuff my house will be noise free! :)

Upvote 0

ShetlandRose

Loves Dogs!
Jan 18, 2004
Land of Hiawatha
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Bats are beneficial creatures that eat gazillions of mosquitoes and produce the finest fertilizer known. They do sometimes accidentally fly inside and hide and sleep in dark corners or behind bookcases or pictures on walls. They are one of God's creatures (I think they are cute) and they are given a bad name due to old fables and superstition. If you open a window at night they will gladly fly out and away.

Just my 2 cents.

ShetlandRose :angel:

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Something that helped me to understand this subject as a Protestant was a book called The Handbook of Spiritual Warfare . . it is a big book . . and I found it very helpful as a Protestant . .

However, I will say this . . it is not complete in its undertanding . . and I would strongly recommend that until you are in a position of real personal spiritual strength in dealing with this, that you not try to do a cleansing"" yourself . .

In my encounters with the demonic as a Protestant, the strong presence, anointing of the Holy Spirit, was always present and protecting me . . it can be very scary to confront the demonic if you are not prepared for it and doing it in the power of the Holy Spirit . .

Since turning to Catholicism, the only times I have had such encounters I have dealt with them in an entirely different way . . instead of confronting the demonic powers, I have turned to God . . Once, in prayer, very strange sounds began to manifest . . very distracting . .and commonly this is what demonic encounters like this are meant to achieve . . distraction, uncertainty, fear . . to disturb . . .

This time, instead of rebuking the demonic powers causing the manifestation, I simply turned to God and began a special prayer called the Divine Mercy Chaplet . . I sung it, softly . . and the noises continued . . I got louder and louder, refusing to be intimidated . .and soon I was singing in full voice . . the noices instantly stopped . .

There are different ways to deal with these things . . when we, untrained, directly engage the demonic realm, we are open to attack . . we have many back doors . .back doors created by unrepented sin, wrong thoughts, etc . . these have to be done away with, covered so that the enemy does not have a point of intrance into our lives . . because, believe me, once you begin to engage the enemy, he will find any way possible to attack, to bring you down . . and it won't be obvious, it won't be a frontal attack . . it will be very cleverly disguised so you won't know what hit you . .

That is why I STRONGLY recommend a Catholic Exorcist . . because they have been properly trained and given a mission in this field, and know how to confron the emeny . .

I learned a lot about this "on the fly" as a Protestant and because the presence of the Holy Spirit protected me, I was not worried . . but there was a lot of naivity also . .

Now, my approach is different . .

If your friend is worreid about a hex, now is the time to do some educating . . who knows? It might be enough to bring her all the way to Christ! :)

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

AsburyJuke

Feb 19, 2004
✟8,123.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Again, more great advice! You are probably right that I shouldn't get involved myself, because I'm not spiritually strong enough yet.. I'll wait until the girl has moved out then suggest she gets in a Exorcist to cleanse everything because this girl was a tenant in the same house, and it's probably better to make sure she takes her demons with her when she leaves! :)

Hopefully it was just a bat.. but I guess you can never be too sure!

Thanks so much for your insight. :)

Upvote 0

Christy4Christ

Pro-Christ
Jan 30, 2004
Hollywood, FL
✟5,762.00
Faith
Catholic
My mother was attacked by an evil voice at one time while she was trying to read her bible. She said suddenly she was paralyzed and could not speak. She knew that she should call upon Jesus but couldn't at that moment. Suddenly she saw a vision of her friend Pat on her knees praying and she was then able to speak and she just said "JESUS!" and then everything was calm.

The very next morning my mother's friend Pat came to our door, when my mom opened the door Pat grabbed my mom and hugged her. She said that something had woken her up in the middle of the night and told her that she should be praying for her! I have known from that day on that evil DOES try and attack God's faithful. The key is that Jesus is so much more powerful than ALL the demons in the world put together. :)

Upvote 0

AsburyJuke

Feb 19, 2004
✟8,123.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Christy.. thanks for the awesome story! It's true though.. similar things have happened to me and friends which only stopped when we used Jesus's name - though it was really hard to say, it wouldn't come out!

Whilst I had this topic on my mind, I searched out demonic cleansing of houses;

SOME OBJECTS TO DESTROY: (See Lev. 11:13-21 and Deut. 14:7-19)

Some accursed objects are: owls, frogs, unicorns, horseshoes; items from other countries such as Africa, China, Japan; American Indian artifacts, carvings, pictures, Buddha statutes. Dolls and stuffed animals - dolls originated in voodoo. Paisley pattern on anything. Nike is a Greek god, according to the dictionary.

Collections, Pictures of movie stars, some items passed down from ancestors, Shamrocks, Any kind of good luck charm, Statues, Oriental objects, African items, Indian items, American Indian items, Any items that are used in witchcraft, The Book of Mormon, satanic bible, Books on other religions, Rock and roll music, etc.

So.. I will have a busy day tomorrow especially as I have about 897897 frog figurines! There is nothing in my bible about them so I will pray tomorrow and find out. Hoping that because the rock music I still have (and am keeping) is "Christian Topic", hopefully I will be OK! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeterPaul

Feb 17, 2004
✟18,494.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can understand your desire to not idolize, but some of the things you mention on the list have nothing to do with worshipping graven images. A "shamrock" means nothing except what you make of it. They grow in Ireland and are natural to that environment. "Carvings" are just that. Boats are carved, so should we stop sailing?

Pictures of movie stars? Again, unless you give them more importance than God, there is no harm in it. Otherwise, we would have to throw our family relative pictures away.

Look over your list again...carefully.

Upvote 0

AsburyJuke

Feb 19, 2004
✟8,123.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Haha, I didn't mean I was going to chuck everything but I do have a few figures from Africa and a Hindu scarf with Buddha on... so I will ask God as these things were made in places of demon worship and could have been cursed.

Some people do go overboard with what is demonic or not, but I'm going to check with Him just in case! :)

Upvote 0

Christy4Christ

Pro-Christ
Jan 30, 2004
Hollywood, FL
✟5,762.00
Faith
Catholic
Nat,

I wouldn't tell you wrong, alot of people put too much emphasis on things. As long as you do not worship the things then it shouldn't be a problem.

Now in the matter of something being related to voo-doo or black magic then yes I would say get rid of it.

I think you can keep your little froggies and stuffed animals though and even your pictures of movie stars and stuff. :D

Obviously if the movie star is a know Satanist or something like that you wouldn't want their picture around!

Discernment is very important. I do not believe that we need to get rid of THINGS unless those things are more important than God to us.

Do you see what I am getting at?

Upvote 0

AsburyJuke

Feb 19, 2004
✟8,123.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Christy4Christ said:
Nat,

I wouldn't tell you wrong, alot of people put too much emphasis on things. As long as you do not worship the things then it shouldn't be a problem.

Now in the matter of something being related to voo-doo or black magic then yes I would say get rid of it.

I think you can keep your little froggies and stuffed animals though and even your pictures of movie stars and stuff. :D

Obviously if the movie star is a know Satanist or something like that you wouldn't want their picture around!

Discernment is very important. I do not believe that we need to get rid of THINGS unless those things are more important than God to us.

Do you see what I am getting at?

Totally, I should have explained myself more when I copied the info over! People do take the Bible far too literally out of absolute fear.

LOL, and if anyone finds out that Bruce Springsteen is a satanist let me know so I know to chuck his stuff... :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi again

The list you pulled off that site is a little too far . .

I tend to agree about objects that have direct connections to occultic religions, but not Nike shoes, or any statue, etc . .

Pray about each thing . .

Here is something to give you an example . . a book can be demonized . .does that mean ALL books are demonized?

Here will be a shocker for you . . .

After the birth of my last child, I went into a server depression that lasted for about 9 months . . I was contemplating suicide all the time . . when I was aware enough of the danger I represented to myself, I was too afraid to get help . .

A book came my way at the end of this period, it was a woman, similar to myself in some ways, who tried to commit suicide . . the first part of the book detailed her life, the second part of the book detailed her experience once she left her body after taking a horde of prescription meds . .

There were some very profound truths in that book, some things I knew had to be wrong, but still, over all, it shook me up . . and when I was finished, it was as though God took his hand, slapped me across the face and said "Do you realize what you are considering?" And instantly, I was delivered from my depression . .

A few years passed, the book was put to one side, occasionally, it would turn up on the table, or the counter and I would want to try to find something I had read in it . . but couldn't . . so the last time this happened, I picked it up after everyone else was in bed, and sat down to read through the 2nd part . . now by this time I had moved into the things of God in a very real way, and had several encounters with the demonic . .

As I read, some animals noises started manifesting across the room in a corner and the presence of the Holy Spirit was around me . . I just ignored it realizing what it was and refusing to be distracted . . . it got louder, the presence of the Holy Spirit got stronger, I kept reading . . finally, then noises moved right BEHIND me . . the presence of the Holy Spirit was very strong now, and this was simply an annoyance that I wished would go away . .

So I stopped reading and aske God what was going on . .. The ansewr was immediate . . ther was a demon attached to the book! This shocked me as it was the very book God has used to deliver me from depressoin and I wondered how this could be? But God was very clear about it . .

So I asked what to do? God told me (in my heart, not audibly) to break the power of the demon over that book ,. .

So I made a fist and while saying "In the name of Jesus, I break your power" I hit the book with my fist . . I could have sworn I saw a green light shoot out of the book . .

the animal noises now returned to across the room from me in the corner . ..

I asked the Lord, "Now what should I do?"

He said "Burn it"

We had a wood stove with a small but hot fire going . . so I took the book over there and put it in . . (now the corner where the sounds were coming from was right next to the wood stove) . .

I waited

The book wouldn't burn ..

So I took it out, and tried again . .

The noises continued, though not as loud . . but the book wouldn't burn, not even singe

Exassperated, I took it out again, fanned it open, and put it page edge down into the fire . . it took a little bit, but eventually it stated buring . .

And the noises ceased

They never came back either now that I think of it . . where they had happened before that . .

So, ask God what to do pray and do not go to extremes . .

Satan lilkes nothing better than for us to see devils under every rock, nook and cranny Seek the counsel of someone wise in this area . .. preferrably a priest who is an exorcist so that your approach to this will be balanced . .

Peace in Him!

Reactions: geocajun
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.