How to tell if its signs of God or... other things?

A

anwabe89

Its been 2 years since i have golfed and i used to be good... well God laid it on me and i golf every day i can! I was praying one day about my future and the next day is when i felt the bombshell to golf... could it be a sign of a future in golf? am i looking at this wrong? I used to just golf and not enjoy but now i love it... think God just enjoys me golfing? or could there be a future? Just want some insight.. I never know if I look at things wrong so maybe someone could help with that too..

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Only you and God can figure that one out. My advice? Pray about it. He may not answer right away but eventually He will. :)

Also, peace is huge thing. If you have peace about it it's most likely from God but if something "just doesn't feel right" it's probably not the best thing to do.

Hope this helps.
:)

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

There's actually lyrics in a song that I think are pretty good guidelines for this kind of thing....

If it's got love
If it's got peace
That's the only way that I can believe it
If it leads me to the light
If it's got joy
If it's got truth
Something that's gonna take a little faith to do
To make the pieces fit
God is in it

...from Point of Grace's "God is in it"

:)

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I was just thinking about this the other day - about how do we know if a word is from God?

And I was reminded that in the Bible a lot of times when a prophet came and said "this is going to happen" he also said "and this is how you will know it will happen" and it was something like "both of your sons will die on the same day" or "you will be struck mute" or something.

And there was Gideon who asked God to give him confirmation with the fleece.

I've tossed a coin before when I'm not sure what God wants me to do. I ask God to direct the outcome and then trust that He will.

Also, personally, I wish God would tell me to be a pro golfer. He'd need to make me a lot better, though. :D

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to discourage you but I do urge you to use caution here. Music is a HUGE passion of mine and for most of my life I felt that God was calling me to that career. Playing music brings me a sense of peace and joy that I don't really get from doing anything else but after years of praying and trying to make it happen I failed time and time again. I felt a huge peace about it but God had other plans and at this point it looks like it will be nothing more than a hobby.

It could be that God is calling you to golf professionally and if so then that's great. However, I was confident about my calling and had a great peace about it and it fell through, so my advice is to be cautious and don't set your hopes too high because God may have other plans. If that's true then nothing you do can make it work and you may end up mad at God or at yourself; I know because I've been there.

As a fellow golfer I wish you the best of luck. Just be open to the idea that God may not have the same plans.:)

Upvote 0