Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Step 1) Study 1 Corinthians 13 on love. You can not understand Revelation without understanding love. Whatever interpretation you invent will be dead wrong, unless that interpretation is born of love from inside you, love that flows out by the virtue of God in you. Revelation concerns prophecy. This means that it must follow the rules of New Testament prophecy.

But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. - 1 Corinthians 14:3

Therefore, Revelation as a document, exists to strengthen the church, encourage the church, and comfort the church. If in your instruction concerning revelation to others, you deviate from edifying the church in love, you have failed in your interpretation.

If your preaching/teaching induces fear, it is not of God.

According to Revelation 1:3, the letter was written to be a blessing to its recipients or to make them happy, content, and secure, so 1 Corinthians 14:3 supports this.

Know Grace. Know Righteousness. Know Justification.

To teach Revelation correctly, you must know grace, righteousness of God, and justification given by God, to the point it bears fruit with miracles, signs, and wonders following.

Those in the early church manifested supernatural gifts. The document was written by people doing miracles, to other people doing miracles by God's grace.

If you can't do miracles because that would be sinning, or you are not holy enough, then you have failed to attain the righteousness of God described in Romans, see chapters 1 through 10.

It's not about being holy enough, but about following the same formula as the 1st century believers. Someone saying that God changed because they didn't follow the formula is the wrong approach.

Pray for wisdom. You cannot learn 1 thing, without God enabling it, but the great thing is he wants to enable it for you.

Agreed.

Read other prophecy verses in scripture. Be skeptical of all prophecy teachers. I have found 2 that I think are 95% correct. I believe most others are wrong and I can point to their errors.

With prophecy, we have an abundance of experts, with a plethora of conflicting doctrines.

Now, one of the main things I have against most prophecy being taught today is that the revelation is stale. It has been passed down a couple generations and accepted, but those teaching it often don't have their own revelation of what they have learned. It is second hand revelation.

If God is revealing scripture to us, as is the Holy Spirit's job, then you should be able to teach unique things about verses in scripture, things no one else has taught about in commonly accepted writings.

To be qualified to teach anything from scripture, the revelation should be 1st hand. Otherwise, you're not qualified as a teacher. In a pinch, 2nd hand revelation works, but first hand is what we should seek after.

This doesn't follow.

Learn Biblical symbolism.

This is where I get most of the fresh teachings from the Holy Spirit. It is where I get my first hand revelation from God.

It's hidden wisdom in scripture, because Western culture does not think in terms of symbolism, so it bypasses all the teachings there.

Right now I am growing plants mentioned in the Bible, so I can see what God meant when he referenced those plants in scripture. If God references something like a plant, that means that contained in that plant's behavior and life cycle, is truth of scripture.

Concerning Dispensationalism, a commonly taught symbolism is the Judges 9 parable of the trees. Chapter 29. The Trees to Which Israel Is Compared In Scriptures - Dispensational Truth

It is important to understand the symbolism in the way that the original recipients would have understood it, who would have been familiar with works such as the Book of Enoch.

Learn of the blessings. Deut 28

Most Christians cap their ability to receive revelation (and other things) from God because they put people in scripture on pedestals, which scripture teaches against. Putting caps on our wisdom from God, limits God.

In Revelation, certain truths can only be extracted, if we realized our blessings, authority, and gifts in Christ. How, for example, no Christian would be subject to the 4 horsemen spirits sent forth. Does a Christian have deliverance from the spirit of war, spirit of false doctrine, spirit of death, and spirit of poverty?

Well, do we? If you are not certain of this from the word, then you may think we are subject to those 4 should they come by us. Revelation of the blessings and good things of God is needed for interpretation then, as to whether we are forever subject to spirits of that nature, or if we are delivered.

Agreed, if John was telling the people that they would God through all this, then it would not be a blessing to them
--

You made no mention of studying God's Feasts, which is critical to correctly understanding Revelation.

Upvote 0