Austin
✟46,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
throughout my life, I have always believed in God and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I always believed in him yet I was a lukewarm believer, living by my own flesh and desires.

Now that I have been exposed to the truth, I'm trying to get closer to God and to Jesus Christ, as he is the one who saves us. However I feel like I'm battling with myself and being pulled both ways. I truly love Jesus Christ and I don't want my heart to harden towards Him but I fear that. I want to believe in Him and be filled with the Holy Spirit. I know if we believe in Him, we will be saved. I have repented of my sins and asked to become a new creation in Christ but how do I know if He is listening? How do I know if I am forgiven? Does anyone have advice on how to truly fall in love with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to where our salvation is eternally secure?

Thanks.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
owever I feel like I'm battling with myself and being pulled both ways. I truly love Jesus Christ and I don't want my heart to harden towards Him
How do I know if I am forgiven?[/QUOTE]

One way you know is that you are struggling with temptation and sin.
Only a Christian is bothered by this.
Paul talks about being trained for battle as a soldier or preparing for the olympics. Both pictures imply serious training, diet etc

Start useing daily bible reading notes as a daily act of worship. Supliment them by reading large chunks of the bible and in being regular at attending a church where they not only preach what the bible teaches but seek to put it into practice.
Don't be afraid to ask questions of people sitting near you or of the preacher after the service.

Note taking is a good habit to develope both of sermons, bible studies and of your own bible readings. ( note what you read, what struck you about the passage, why and what did you pray about. )

The Christian life is like preparing to run a marathon. Great Christians don't appear over night, they grow slowly through hard disciplined work.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
throughout my life, I have always believed in God and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I always believed in him yet I was a lukewarm believer, living by my own flesh and desires.

Now that I have been exposed to the truth, I'm trying to get closer to God and to Jesus Christ, as he is the one who saves us. However I feel like I'm battling with myself and being pulled both ways. I truly love Jesus Christ and I don't want my heart to harden towards Him but I fear that. I want to believe in Him and be filled with the Holy Spirit. I know if we believe in Him, we will be saved. I have repented of my sins and asked to become a new creation in Christ but how do I know if He is listening? How do I know if I am forgiven? Does anyone have advice on how to truly fall in love with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to where our salvation is eternally secure?

Thanks.
I struggle with loving God. Everywhere else I see growth spiritually. The thing is everything I do love wouldn't be here without God. If that makes sense? It's something I'll work on my whole life.

Just say strong and be patient, don't rush.

You remined me of this verse:

Psalm 25:15 King James Version
15 Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.

I think that you feel you are being pulled both ways is a very good sign even if it's not enjoyable.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Try doing what few do. Follow His teachings rather than simply worship Him. He came to give us the Gospel of the Kingdom, as way of thinking polar opposite to that of mankind. Want to be seen favourably? Follow what He taught, not what man or even man's religion teaches. Live according to the will of God which is putting His will before man's. His will? Love all neighbours as self? Man's will? Live a life bent upon gain at the expense of others, self justifying our deeds by redefining good and evil to suit ourselves.

One gets you into the kingdom, The other gives you your only reward.

Reactions: princesssss
Upvote 0