• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How to stop lust ?

Canada90

Aug 21, 2018
Vilnius
✟14,387.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why when I am online and girls i know and if they are more better looking I start to feel lust when I talk with them or see them post photo. Even when I don't think sexual thoughts about them. I just get this feeling and it desturb me. It feels as If I can't even look to a more beautiful looking girl with out feeling lust for her.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Turn it towards the Lord, admit it and tell Him she is beautiful. And make no moves on her ( except the one you think you might be interested in taking as your mate), just accept that she is beautifully made. I'll be 69yo in April and I still know a beautiful woman when I see one, in fact you can find beauty in all of them. The fact is we are chemically made to be attracted, you will come to know that to be a good thing rather than a curse, where you can love your neighbor and not think sex about her then you're on the right track. Be strong you're doing ok by the sounds of it.

Upvote 0

Roidecoeur78

This world is not my home.
Dec 14, 2018
Midwest
✟21,194.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But he said to them, “Not everyone can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.” Matthew 19:11-12

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Another thing that may help quench the lust. You see a woman, pray for her, pray that her needs in life be met, that she has a long and healthy life. Turn the lust to something good.

Upvote 0

Canada90

Aug 21, 2018
Vilnius
✟14,387.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[Staff edit].

I am looking to get married,but i find it dificult to meet a girl that truly wants relationship. I don't like girls from my country so i look from abroad,but then again I don't have right now so much money that I could go abroad. Most girls this days want guys who are very good looking and wealthy. i am 28 this summer will be 29. I am not on this pages because i really enjoy spending time there I am looking for a wife. I have many hobbies,but this sites take a lot of time. At the same time I feel so lost.as If i never know is this girl the one or not so I keep looking and looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,473,143.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved to the Struggles with Sexuality forum.
Struggles with Sexuality Statement of Purpose
Struggles with Sexuality (SWS) is a moderated forum that the recovery team members must approve before they are live for viewing. This forum is for members who want to stop a sexual activity or change a sexual orientation in some way. It is for those wishing to make a positive change in their lives because for one reason or another the choices that have been made are impacting negatively either physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually.
Christians and non-Christians may start threads, but only Christians may reply.
This forum provides support as well as encouragement from others going through similar issues or who have possibly been successful at making those changes.
Examples of some of the reasons a member may choose to post in SWS is the desire to stop masturbation, or to stop masturbating so much, to stop premarital sex in the relationship currently in or to prevent it in the next relationship, wanting to no longer be gay, or to learn to be celibate because of being gay. Being a family member, partner, or girlfriend/boyfriend of someone with a sexual issue that is creating issues in the relationship, and so the list goes on.
Please review our Recovery Guidelines before posting in the recovery forums.

OFF Topic Posts/Threads
Preaching or theological teaching or debating as this part of the forum is not for theological discussions, but for support and spiritual encouragement.
Posts that are not supportive of the Original Poster’s desire for change will be removed.
Posters that are only seeking to know if something related to a sexual behavior or lifestyle is a sin but not desiring to make a change in their lives will be asked to post in Ask A Chaplain where the Chaplains can address those types of questions.

Example of acceptable posts in SWS: “I need help stopping my sexual addiction. Any suggestions to help me? Do you think God will still love me?”

Example of unacceptable posts in SWS: “I’m addicted to sex. Is that a sin? Will I go to hell?”
Spiritual warfare including instructions and linking to preachers who discuss/provide instructions on spiritual warfare is not permitted as this is against both Site Wide rules and recovery guidelines.
No self-promotion of books, recordings, YouTube videos or websites/blogs to gain advertising. If you have one of these to be considered as an applicable resource, please contact Kristen.NewCreation.

Support
We encourage you to seek support here and if there are appropriate resources presented in reply, we’ll check them out. If you need or can be an accountability partner on CF, please add your name to the list and participate as part of the accountability group. Please choose your gender Specific Accountability thread.
Ladies
Gentlemen

Links and Resources of Interest (more to be added):
Crisis Hotlines
Christian inappropriate content Addiction Recovery » Blazing Grace

Distraction Ideas for Masturbation/Sexual Fantasy

Home (Pure Life Ministries)
12 Steps for Sexual Addiction
X3groups - Freedom From inappropriate content
Overcoming inappropriate content: The 40 Day Challenge A Bible Study

Live Free: Breaking out of the Prison of inappropriate content
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Turn it towards the Lord, admit it and tell Him she is beautiful. And make no moves on her ( except the one you think you might be interested in taking as your mate), just accept that she is beautifully made. I'll be 69yo in April and I still know a beautiful woman when I see one, in fact you can find beauty in all of them. The fact is we are chemically made to be attracted, you will come to know that to be a good thing rather than a curse, where you can love your neighbor and not think sex about her then you're on the right track. Be strong you're doing ok by the sounds of it.

Hi Dave. I was wondering if you could elaborate when you say "accept that she is beautifully made" and "you will come to know that to be a good thing rather than a curse".

The idea of 'platonic' love from Plato, I believe, is that it is true. Men and women may feel repressed attraction for one another. But they ignore that part of themselves and focus on having a friendship with one another that bears mutual respect and love. For the Christian, it is taken one step further in that the friendship is meant to draw one to God more than to each other.

At least that is what I understand it to mean. There are tons of women at work who are beautiful in my eyes; I sometimes fall into lust for them. I ask the Lord to forgive me and get up and try again. But it sounds like you are saying that beauty can become just a positive feature of who they are without lusting.

How?

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, I had an interesting dream last night of one of my co workers who I wish I was a close friend with, but is wrong to desire this because I am married and my wife wants me to be devoted to her (rightfully so of course).

But the dream was that this coworker female of mine was driving me and we had to go somewhere. I was happy to be able to spend time with her and talk a little, though I can't remember what I said. Suddenly, she turned to me and said my arm was bleeding and then she was helping me to fix it.

I think it's a fascinating dream; nothing sexual at all, but fascinating.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi Dave. I was wondering if you could elaborate when you say "accept that she is beautifully made" and "you will come to know that to be a good thing rather than a curse".

The idea of 'platonic' love from Plato, I believe, is that it is true. Men and women may feel repressed attraction for one another. But they ignore that part of themselves and focus on having a friendship with one another that bears mutual respect and love. For the Christian, it is taken one step further in that the friendship is meant to draw one to God more than to each other.

At least that is what I understand it to mean. There are tons of women at work who are beautiful in my eyes; I sometimes fall into lust for them. I ask the Lord to forgive me and get up and try again. But it sounds like you are saying that beauty can become just a positive feature of who they are without lusting.

How?
For me how ? Don't violate God's space with them, they are His not mine. And they probably have a husband and family on top of that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For me how ? Don't violate God's space with them, they are His not mine. And they probably have a husband and family on top of that.

I believe there are healthy cross sex friendships; it's just that most of us guys are not worthy enough to participate in them.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0