How to spend time with God while caring for a baby?

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
***** Would prefer people who've actually had to do this / have experience juggling a relationship with God and small children answer.

Anywho, i try to read or pray a bit here and there when my baby is asleep but it just doesnt feel as intimate. Just feels like the word is just sitting on top rather than sinking in.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There comes a point where you live the word in every day life. Be with God and with your child, it's living in the spirit. Share that spirit with your baby and with God. Everything in your day run before God as you go. Time alone is great but child obligations call. He knows how to share that, He knows your heart and your baby's needs at the same time. Just as He knows the bear and her cubs needs. The baby will grow. We raised 5 of them all in their 40's now, the oldest is 50 actually.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
don't know how old your child is now
but ours was 2 since we adopted

we got kid's books & kid's Bibles & started teaching about God as well as doing prayers at meals/night time

difficult @ first bringing her to church as she wouldn't sit that long & remember we had to leave early even on Christmas

being out in nature gives opportunities to talk about God and his creation

teaching your child about God, daily prayers, and taking child to church are all ways to be close to God while teaching your child

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
don't know how old your child is now
but ours was 2 since we adopted

we got kid's books & kid's Bibles & started teaching about God as well as doing prayers at meals/night time

difficult @ first bringing her to church as she wouldn't sit that long & remember we had to leave early even on Christmas

being out in nature gives opportunities to talk about God and his creation

teaching your child about God, daily prayers, and taking child to church are all ways to be close to God while teaching your child
Hes 10 months

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My daughter is 2 and my son is a little over 2 months. To be honest, I came in the parenting section tonight, because I can just cry. I am so tired mainly. My husband works thirds. So I am up with John most of the time, and Lorena has so much energy, I just have not. And I work for a preschool ministry. But enough venting. Good to see other families on here and this is a good question. I tend to sing a lot and listen to Christian radio. This helps me meditate on God's Word more when I am singing songs that are from His Word. Many hymns come to my mind a lot and the kids love to hear them too. I also memorized scripture, so I think about specific verses a lot and meditate on those. But yes. It can feel like there is not 5 minutes of the day with small children to sit down and concentrate. Teaching kids is a blessing. As well as my daughter. You would be surprised teaching small children about God can minister to your spirit too. God bless.

• Friendly
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My daughter is 2 and my son is a little over 2 months. To be honest, I came in the parenting section tonight, because I can just cry. I am so tired mainly. My husband works thirds. So I am up with John most of the time, and Lorena has so much energy, I just have not. And I work for a preschool ministry. But enough venting. Good to see other families on here and this is a good question. I tend to sing a lot and listen to Christian radio. This helps me meditate on God's Word more when I am singing songs that are from His Word. Many hymns come to my mind a lot and the kids love to hear them too. I also memorized scripture, so I think about specific verses a lot and meditate on those. But yes. It can feel like there is not 5 minutes of the day with small children to sit down and concentrate. Teaching kids is a blessing. As well as my daughter. You would be surprised teaching small children about God can minister to your spirit too. God bless.
Okay. I love those tips :)

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I asked the same question to a holy priest, he answered with a true story. He said he had a friend who had a woman telling him every time she went to confession, Father, I want to pray but with my children and my responsibilities, I cannot. He always told her, "G-d understands, and in time He will make this possible, just have patience,

After her children moved out she had a stroke and was left so handicap she became bedridden. The priest came to her home hoping to raise her spirits and found her smiling and joyful, Surprise her asked her why she was so and she replied, "Father I now had all the time in the world to pray. you were right, G-d made a way."

Still, as a mother of four needy homeschooled children, I found morning while they were still sleeping and evenings when they were finally asleep were times. I also kept our holidays even if they fell short of what we did before because their are prayers in these holidays. Lastly i learned to thank G-d for every little grace from my babies smiles to her first step, or when he finally potty trained. This led to even sharing with Him my frustrations, or worries.

In fact I suspect I prayed more when they were younger, because I feared without G-d, I mess those four kids up!

Anyway I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
***** Would prefer people who've actually had to do this / have experience juggling a relationship with God and small children answer.

Anywho, i try to read or pray a bit here and there when my baby is asleep but it just doesnt feel as intimate. Just feels like the word is just sitting on top rather than sinking in.

I used to put on worship music while feeding my son in the middle of the night. I'd sit in my rocking chair and just rock him, burp him, and cradle him back to sleep with beautiful, godly music playing softly in the background. Those were some of the loveliest memories of my life.

Start looking at your mothering as part of your worship. This is a baby that God wove together within your very womb! A tiny person that He crafted, cell by cell, just for you! Just soak in that thought sometimes, and feel how miraculous and divine it is! God created life through you!

Speak blessings over your child. Pray over them. Sing over them. You can find many examples of parents blessing their children in the Bible if you want some ideas.

Mothering a baby is exhausting. Let yourself REST whenever you can. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to be this or that.

I see your child is now about a year old? That's such a great age! Starting to walk and talk, every day is a new and exciting discovery :) I hope things are going well for you.

Upvote 0